Fan Fiction ❯ Check back later... ❯ Huey alarm clock ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I awoke to the sound of a old Huey’s blades beating the air and its engines roaring.

‘There’s my ride’ I rolled over and checked my clock
It read: 17:24 13 \ 7 \ 13

“Oh, Shhhhh...”

I had 6 minutes ‘til the ‘operation’ started.

I jumped into my Gear which includes a helmet and a full-body bulletproof suit and a pair of ‘Steelers’(boots, I’ll explain the name later.)

My body-suit is made from an alloy of aluminum, Teflon, Kevlar, a small amount depleted (non-radioactive) uranium-231 and lead. This makes it incredibly light and flexible (not as light as cotton though).

My helmet is made from a similar alloy which includes the metals mentioned previously minus aluminum and a larger amount of the uranium, and has a flip-down HUD (heads up display) which also acts as a means to keep the sun (soon to not be up) out of my eyes.

I slipped my .48 Raptor Automatic handgun under my left arm into its holster quickly. Panic now grabbing ahold in my chest.

‘Surely they won’t leave without me’

I slid my Katana into a sheathe inside my right ‘Steeler’. I stopped before it was all the way in to admire its beauty. At 21 inches, it was only half a sword but, it was rather well balanced for missing part of the blade. I shoved it in the sheathe, a souvenir from a previous operation in Japan.

I then strapped my utility belt that had my ammo, grenades, c-4, flares, GPS, etc. in it.

I grabbed my M-2 assault rifle which has Full- and Semi-auto settings. MY M-2 has a 8x scope, fires a .48 calibre Teflon-coated cartridge, and an under-slung 4-gauge shotgun that kicks like heck.

I checked the time again: 17:31

I sprinted as hard as I could to the Vietnam-era Helicopter and dove in.
I took the blow on my right side, and as soon as I hit the floor of the chopper the pilot yanked back on the collective. The sudden upward acceleration up pressed me against the floor, making it impossible for me to get up for a minute.
As I lay on the floor I saw our temporary base of operations out the other side.
I heard some jets screaming closer.

“I’ll miss that place” I mumbled

The pair of jets shot over our base and dropped two 500-kilo white napalm bombs each.

White napalm is the same stuff you see in the movies, with one exception: it burns its life out in about a hundredth of a second. For all practical reasons vaporizing the target.

“We had to dispose of the evidence somehow” My far from unattractive co-operative said.

“That’s not what I meant, Its just that now we have to go set up another one up somewhere else, and its so much work. I just get tired of it sometimes.” I replied as I picked myself up off the floor.

BOOM!

An explosion ripped through the air.
And it wasn't the napalm.