Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness before Midnight ❯ chap 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Omae o korosu" the whispered threat was spoken under the breath of the 14-year old girl was not directed at any of her fellow students, but at Chiron, a man who has made it his goal to hunt down and destroy all supernatural beings. To `purify' the human race. And he was coming here.

*Flash back* (previous class)

Mrs. Keley was reading aloud the announcements when she came to one that stood out more than the others. "Monday, next week, KTZ CO. will be coming here to test students' uh… normalcy… at exactly noon all students are to report to the outside of the gym. The freshmen go in first. The rest wait to be called in. We greatly appreciate your cooperation, and wish you to understand that this is for everyone's safety. Students that are absent on that day shall be visited at their home to be given the same test.

*End flash back*

She was angry. She was most definitely angry. He planned this. He knew she was here, and he was hunting her down. He may not of known who she was; he may not have even known the one he was looking for was a female. There was no possible way she would give him reason to appear at the address she had given the school offices as her home. It was difficult to find a family willing to pretend she was a part of it. And she didn't really want them to be hurt. Especially not because of her. A loud ringing abruptly broke her concentration. She sighed and headed towards the commons area to see if she could bring herself to eat. She cut through the line with a salad and went to wait at her usual table. It wasn't long until she saw someone coming towards her. A 15-year-old girl with shoulder-length light red hair and green eyes with a ring of hazel around them.

"Bonjour Vyper" the 15-year-old sat down as she said this and almost immediately started pouring salt on her food.

"Koniichi wa" Vyper kept her food untouched and had a serious expression on her face "Alexis, question. What do you make of this?"

Alexis stopped just before taking a bite of her food, "What do you mean? It's pretty weird, yeah. But, what can they do?"

"You'd be surprised." Vyper stood up and started to walk away. She was stopped by Alexis.

"Wait a minute, you paid two dollars for that and you aren't even going to eat it?"

"I'm not hungry right now" she continued walking. After the last bell Vyper left the building and headed straight towards a small park behind the public library. She usually got a book and sat on a bench in front of a dark grove of trees. She seemed to spend more time in the area around those trees then in what others knew to be her home. Today, however, she walked straight towards the trees, not bothering with the library. She leaned against a tree. Her burgundy colored hair fell into her face, shielding angry maroon eyes. Four days to figure out how to get out of this. She needed to get home. Not to her house, but home. She walked the rest of the ways into the grove where she would not be seen by anyone. Her eyes closed as she concentrated on her intended destination. The ground seemed to suddenly open up and swallow her, with her eyes never opening.