Fan Fiction ❯ Deltarth -- Story 1: Natasinopax ❯ Chapter 3-1-1: The Assassin ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3-1-1: The Assassin

Natas Nomed, the owner of the elusive Natas Corporation, which specializes in medicine, was sitting in his office as usual. The lights were out, the room was dark, and he was just sitting there staring at the ceiling. His small beady eyes were open as he stared into the black abyss.

Suddenly, one of his secretaries walked in. He still sat with the back of the chair facing her, staring at the ceiling.

"Sir, we have a problem."

"What might that be?"

"Angela Nirvan, in the secret facility in the middle of the forest has escaped."

"Now whose fault is that?"

"It certainly isn't mine…"

"I didn't say it was yours." Natas kept calm the whole time. "Don't threat dear, it isn't your fault. Just call Suki Kizuni for me, and have her come to my office later today okay."

"Yes, sir. Sir?"

"Yes my dear." He suddenly turned around revealing on odd tattoo, which raveled itself around his face and down his neck and probably underneath his black business suit.

The young woman was so startled, that she forgot her question, and just left his office.

"Poor girl. I frighten her. When my plan is complete, then she'll be frightened, but now is not the time dear. Now is not the time." He went back to staring, and started laughing. The laugh became louder, and louder until it became an insanely loud roar. Just what was so funny?

Suki Kizuni received the call just after she had finished dressing. Her black skirt gave her a slimming and sexy look. She wore a turtleneck, which was unfolded to cover the bottom of her face. Her pale skin gave her an eerie appearance though in the bright sunlight.

Suki was a skilled ninja, and an even more skilled assassin. She did jobs for Natas before, and hopefully it would be a high paying onethis time.

She walked quietly in the office, and without saying a word, the top secretary led her to Natas's office. She sat down in a chair in front of his large black desk, and waited for the secretary to leave. When she did so, Natas turned around. His face did not startle Suki one bit.

"Suki Kizuni. My best assassin…"

"I am not owned by anybody."

"Very well, but today I'm proposing a new assignment to you. It will be a very high paying one as well. Today, a girl escaped one of my secret factions, and has now been wondering around for about a day. I want you to bring her back to me, alive."

"What's her name?"

Natas slowly pulled out a manila folder from his desk, and pulled out a photograph of some girl.

"Her name is Angela Nirvan."

Suki observed the picture for a minute. She observed her facial structure, hair color, eye color, and even her lip structure. When she finished. She handed it back to Natas.

"Don't you want to keep it?" He asked.

"No. I could probably pick her out of a crown of two million now." The woman said arrogantly.

"Very well…"

"Before I say yes now, how much?"

"Too much."

"I like that. When do I start?"

"Well, she's probably still in the forest, and we may not even need you. You'll receive a call tomorrow explaining whether we will or won't, and as for the money, I'll pay you half if we don't need you. Agreed?"

"Yes, agreed?" She slowly got up from the chair, and walked out of the office building without saying another word to anybody.

She got back into the limousine to take her home, but before she walked in, she stared into the word Natas that was painted on the top of the building.

"Natas. That's a strange name. It's almost like Natasinopax, but that's just a fairy tale." Suki thought to herself. "Wouldn't it be funny if he was Natasinopax's reincarnation." Suki began to give a little giggle when she said this, but immediately stopped when the chauffer looked at her strangely.

When the assassin arrived home, she took off her black boots, and laid into her large soft bed inside her mansion in the far end of Zodiac City. She moved her hand slowly across the pillow, and opened a drawer. Inside it, she pulled out a picture of a red-haired ninja.

"I'm sorry Hayate."

Suki began to fall asleep, and then drifted away into the black abyss of her dreams.

Suki had been knocked out now, and was tied to a chair.

"Who sent you?" One of the greasy haired men asked. Suki stayed silent though.

"WHO SENT YOU?" The man then smacked Suki across the face, as she stayed silent.

"What should we do with her boss? I don't…" Before he could finish a masked man jumped in and killed three of the men with sleek ninja skills. One of the men though had a stun gun, and before having his throat slit, he zapped the ninja, and he was out cold. The men tied his hands up and hung him from the ceiling. They then walked out for a short amount of time.

"Why are you here Hayate!?" Suki angrily asked.

"Because I love you."

"You fool."

The two men walked back in ready to deal with their two problems.

"I say we kill the woman, and just beat the other to a pulp, but just enough to let him live, and know that he is a failure."

"No!!!" Hayate screamed. "Kill me, and let her go."

"Fine." The second man said. They then walked behind Hayate, and ripped off his shirt. The found a spiked whip nearby, and started to whip his poor back. It took more than 50 lashes for him to bleed to death. Before giving his last breathe of air, Hayate screamed, "Suki, I love you!!!" With saying that the heroic, but foolish, ninja died.

Suki was crying seeing that her lover had just been killed.

"Since I'm a man of honor, I'll let you go." Suki looked at the man, and spit on his face. "For that though you're going to be punished."

The one man held her head in place, and the other man burned her lower face with cigar butts, and sliced it up with broken glass.

Suki woke up in terror after having the dream. She rubbed her brown hair, and got up. She looked into the mirror, and saw her scarred face, and she cried, and in anger shattered the mirror with her fist. Tears ran don her face, as she saw something running around outside. She looked by the window and saw a black figure, but when she went closer, it disappeared. Suki sat in the bed crying, and let her brown hair down. She then lye crying into the pillow on her bed, trying not to fall asleep, and relive the painful memories.