Fan Fiction ❯ Demon Tears ❯ A Junior's Room?!?!? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Demon Tears
 
Written by: Paper Knight
 
Disclaimer: I own everything in the story. Please ask if you wish to use.
 
Authors Note: Here we go! Chapter three!
 
Chapter Three:
 
Haru groaned a little as he opened his eyes. The sun was very…annoying! He gave a small sigh as he sat up in his bed.
 
“Something's not right.” Haru thought. He looked around, rubbing his eyes. This…this room wasn't his.
 
It was larger then his. This room had a large bed in the center, two desk on the sides, an armoire against the wall, and a large TV.
 
“This is not a freshmen room.” He said as he looked around. Where in the heck was he?!
 
“Your right, it's a junior's room.” A familiar voice said.
 
Haru quickly looked from where the voice was coming from.
 
“Ha…Hatori!” He yelled as the teen walked over with a smile and sat on the side of the side of the bed.
 
He had changed his clothes. He was wearing a simple black shirt that was slightly tight, hugging his thin/muscular figure. He wore a pair of blue streaking white jeans and socks.
 
“How are you?” He said as he placed a washcloth on the teens forehead.
 
“I'm fine.” Haru said as he laid back down. The cold washcloth felt nice against his forehead.
 
“What am I doing here?” Haru said.
 
“Well, for some reason you past out in the middle of the hallway. I caught you before you hit the ground.” Hatori said, rubbing his hand through his hair.
 
/So it wasn't Sakura. / Haru thought.
 
/I was going to tell you but when you went unconscious you went somewhere we couldn't go. / Orion said in his head.
 
“And so, I didn't think carrying you to the nurse would be adequate.” Hatori said.
 
/Plus I wanted to see you sleep more. / Hatori thought with a smile.
 
“So I brought you here instead.” Hatori said.
 
“Oh.” Haru thought.
 
“Thank you Hatori.” Haru said as he sat up in the bed.
 
“There is no need to thank me.” Hatori said with a smile.
 
“But you saved me.” Haru said sitting up in the bed. He took the cloth off of his head.
 
“I did a favor for a friend.” Hatori said.
 
“Friend?” Haru though, blinking his purple eyes. He thought his only friends were Sakura and Ai.
 
“Is that a problem?” Hatori said taken aback slightly. He wasn't a cocky person, but everyone wanted to be his friend. Mostly girls. But he only had about three close friends. The ten people he hung out with? No. Those were just acquaintances.
 
“No, Hatori-kun.” Haru said, shaking his head quickly. He slightly wet blue hair went twirling back and forth, spraying a small amount of water on Hatori's face.
 
“Don't call me Hatori-kun.” He said with a smile.
 
“Please, just call me Hatori. It would make me happier.” Hatori said.
 
“Ok.” Haru said with a small smile.
 
“But, are we really friends?” Haru asked. His eyes were pleading and hoping, like a little kid.
 
“Oh course. You seemed to be a kid who had a lot of friends. Don't you Haru?” Hatori said.
 
Haru's eyes became wide for a moment as a memory flashed back. The moment when he figured out who his true friends. When he lost his childhood and took on the role of a demon slayer.
 
Flashback
Haru was fourteen years old. He had just turned 14 a month ago. He was happy. He had been able to control Titan and Orion, he just found out he got an A in Science and him had been able tell Sakura about his demons.
 
“So, what are Orion and Titan like?” Younger Sakura asked. She had tied her hair a tight chestnut with streaks of purple. She said “It was a new experience.”
 
“Well, both of them are really different. Titan is what he calls himself a “Judgment Sprit”” Haru said with a small twirl on his feet.
 
“A judgment Sprit? “ Sakura asked, brushing her hair out of her eyes.
 
“Yep. When ever he takes me over, he has the power to judge people. If they don't pass the test, their soul is drained and put into containment for a period of time.” Haru, eating the gum Sakura just gave him.
 
“That scary.” She said. Though they were both fourteen, they talked to one another like they were only 10. She didn't know why, but she just felt comfortable around Haru. Besides, he was so innocent.
 
“Yep. The other, Orion is really powerful. He had one white angel wing and one black. The black one can makes swords, balls of energy, a storm, whatever my heart desires.” He said with a smile.
 
“And the other wing?”
 
“That one is like a defensive one. It makes shields, teleports things, and other cools stuff.” Haru said.
 
“Wow. You have a lot of responsibility.” Sakura said as they rounded the corner.
 
Her eyes became wide.
 
“What it is Sakura-chan?” Haru asked.
 
“The…The Max Angel store.” She said, noticing the store.
 
“Would you like to go in?” Haru asked.
 
“Sure. Do you mind waiting? I'll only be about five minutes!” She said with a smile.
 
“Sure Sakura-chan. Go ahead.” He said with a wave. He sat down on the bench and walked the girl run into the room with a speed that she had never run before.
 
Haru gave a small chuckle. Sakura was so nice. He was happy to have such a good friend.
 
“Hey, jerk.” A deep voice said.
 
Haru turned around, wondering if that person was talking to him.
 
A strong hand grabbed his collar and thrust him against an alley wall.
 
“What…what do you want, Devon?” Haru said as a trickle of blood came out of his mouth.
 
“How about your money?” The bully of Sai Middle School, Devon Ochiro said. He had pure red hair that fell slightly over his eyes and always wore leather.
 
“I gave you all my money today.” Haru said.
 
/Want me to kill then, Sir. Haru?/ He heard Titan growl. He knew from looking in a powerful magical mirror that Titan's true form was a wolf demon.
 
/Its ok. I have handled them before./ Haru said with a inner smile.
 
/Yeah, and you got beat up./ Orion said.
 
“Remember, were your friends, Haru.” A member of The Sai Gang said.
 
“and friends help one another.” The other member, a boy with a blonde ponytail said.
 
/Friends don't bully one another./ Titan said in his head once again with a growl.
 
“Right Haru?” Devon said.
 
“Haru!” Sakura yelled in the hall.
 
All four boys turned to see Sakura with her bags in her head. She had a concern look on her face and a small sweat from carrying all four of the bags.
 
“Hey look at that girl.” Devon said.
 
“Run…run Sakura…” Haru mannered to see out as Devon slammed him against the wall again. Devon's gang was known for violence and for kissing and abusing girls without care.
 
“Shut up!” The other boy yelled. The boy threw a punch at Haru, who dodged it forcing the guy to hit the brick wall.
 
“Why don't you come with us, cutie?” Devon said with a smile, slicking back his pure red hair.
 
Sakura quickly shook her head and took a few steps back, but the teens were faster and stronger then her and were able to grab her wrist.
 
“Stop it!” She yelled as one boy covered her mouth.
 
Haru slowly opened his eyes and saw in horror as Devon's group were trying to grope and kiss Sakura.
 
Anger built in his chest and cycled like a fire through his body. He had a new energy, a strength to stand up. This was the power of Titan.
 
“Stop it.” Haru simply said, his hair beginning to billow from invisible wind.
 
“What did you say, punk?” Devon said not noticing the energy in the alley.
 
“I say stop it!” Haru yelled. A burst of hot and cold winds shot around him, forcing the teens to let go of Sakura to block their own face.
 
When the teens looked up, Haru had changed. His hair was spiky and his eyes were pure white. Small fang extended down his face about a quarter of a inch. Also, there was a tattoo on his forehead in the shape of a crest moon. The sign was glowing.
 
“You shall be judged.” Haru said in a calm voice. But, it wasn't Haru's voice.
 
“What are you talking about?” Devon said as he tried to move his hand. His body wouldn't move.
 
“What…What did you do?” Devon stuttered. The others couldn't move either.
 
“By the court of light and dark, your soul shall be judged.” Haru said.
 
Sakura was laying on the group, her school dress slightly a mess and a small bruise on the side of her cheeks. Her eyes were in horror. For the first time, she was able to see the infamous Titan; the Judge.
 
Haru walked calmly up to Devon and put his hand to the other teen's forehead. Strands of inky black light shot out and surrounded the boy, causing him to cough and choke.
 
“By my judgment, you are guilty.” Haru said. There was a burst of light, and then, the body collapsed, pupils gone.
 
The process continued with the other two members of the group with the same effect. All there were, within a minute, lying motionless and cold.
 
Haru stood silently over the three bodies, looking down. He knew what it felt like when one of his demons took over. He could see what he was doing, and could feel it, but couldn't control his body.
 
“Haru” looked up and at Sakura, who was slightly shaking.
 
“It is ok, Miss. Sakura.” Titan said.
 
“Haru has no grudge against you. But, would you protect him when we cannot? You are the only one in this mortal realm, in which he can trust who knows his secret.” Titan spoke.
 
Sakura, like the first time she found out, gave a slow, cautious nod.
 
“Thank you.” Titan said with a smile. There was a burst of silver light and a rustle of leaves and there stood Haru, his violet eyes stained with tears.
 
Sakura looked at him for a second then, disregarding her own fear and pain, jumped up and ran over to the scarred teen, giving him a tight height.
 
“Its ok Hatu-chan.” Sakura said, letting the teen grip her shirt tightly.
 
“I… I killed them…..” Haru said between tears.
 
“They threaten you Haru. You had no choice.” She said coolly.
 
“They….said they were my friends…”He said sniffling.
 
/But now I know who my real friends are./ Haru thought.
 
That was the moment Haru became a demon slayer the day he lost his innocence and his heart became to turn cold.
 
End of Flashback
 
“Haru?” Hatori said, waving his hand in front of the teen. A small tears running down to the other teens face but was quickly wiped away; so quickly people would wonder if he cried.
 
“Sorry Hatori-kun, I mean, Hatori.” Haru said with a sad smile .
 
“Did you hear my question?” The teen said sitting on the side of the bed.
 
“I asked do you have a lot of friends.” The teen said, standing up and getting up and getting a cup of water.
 
“Not really. Ai and Sakura are my real only friends.” Haru said, fiddling with some of his hair.
 
“Really? That surprises me.' Hatori said, returning with two glasses instead of one.
 
Haru gave a kind smile as he took the water graciously.
 
“Well, I never really wanted a lot of friends. Just enough to have fun with and who I can truly care about.” Haru said, looking at the ceiling.
 
“Most people would love to have a lot of friends.” Hatori said curiously.
 
“I'm not like most people.” Haru said with a sneaky smile.
 
/That's defiantly true./ Orion said in his head with a snicker
 
/And that's what I like about you./ Hatori thought in his head with another inward smile.
 
“What time is it, Hatori?” Haru asked, looking around for a clock.
 
Hatori glanced behind him and noticed it was 6:30.
 
“Six thirty.” He said.
 
“SIX THIRTY!?” Haru yelled.
 
“I should be in class.” The teen said as he threw the covers off and jumped out of bed. He jumped out a little to quickly. White stars appeared in front of his face, causing him to give a small moan. He tripped over the cover, and began to fall to the ground.
 
It was like an instant reaction, something that Hatori would later wonder if he was controlling his body for that moment. He quickly sidestepped to the side and bowed slightly, sticking out his arm to catch the teen, inches from the ground.
 
Haru had his eyes shut, waiting for the fall. He looked up and saw Hatori with an expression of a slight smile but also concern.
 
“Are you ok?” Hatori asked, standing up and pulling the teen along with him.
 
“I'm fine.” Haru said, looking into the teens deep green eyes. They had, more of a touch of concern this is face.
 
“That's good.” Hatori said as he let the teen go and stepped back.
 
“So, would you like to go to class?” Hatori said.
 
“Ummm…. I don't know.” Haru said. What in the world was he saying?!
 
“It's a little late already and Sakura and Ai could give me our homework.” Haru said, pulling his hair behind his ear and looking down at his feet.
 
“But me staying would be an intrusion of your space, Hatori so I'll leave.” Haru said as he walked over to the chair and picked up his bag. What was this feeling? It was a mixture of sadness, confusion, embarrassment, and happiness. How could a person fell all this things at once? Was it humanly possible for a person to fell this felling at once?
 
“Haru.” A stern voice said. A warm hand grabbed the blue haired teens wrist with a touch of gentleness and force
 
Haru looked up and saw a stern look on the teen face.
 
“If you wish to stay then that is fine with me. We are friends, remember? Friends help friends, that's is the point of this world.” Hatori said. Seeing that Haru looked slightly sad, he gave him a quick smile.
 
“And the Honors Math homework? Sarah can get it for me.” Hatori said.
 
“I read you schedule.” Hatori said, looking and seeing the look on the teens face.
 
“So, would you like to stay? Your dorm leader is Masaki. He never really checks on the students.” Hatori asked. This was very risky trying to spend so much time with Haru. He didn't even think the teen liked him.
 
“If that's ok with you, Hatori.” Haru said quietly.
 
Hatori gave a sigh and bent down, squeezing the teen's cheeks.
`
“Ow! Hatori!” Haru whined.
 
“Every time you act shy around me I'm going to squeeze your cheeks.” Hatori said with a smile.
 
“So, what would you like for dinner?” Hatori asked.
 
“Ell roll?” Haru asked slowly. He usually said “What ever you might want.” But he really didn't want his cheeks pinched again.
 
“Your wish is my command, my prince.” Hatori said flashing a smile.
 
/Prince?/ Haru thought as he sat down on the chair.
 
“This would be the best time.” Haru whispered to himself.
 
The clock read 6:33 and 33 seconds.
 
Haru clasped his hands together and focused the energy on his mind. There was a felling of rush of water through his mind. When it was finished and he opened his eyes he wasn't in the room anymore. He was floating in what seemed to be a large black mass, that was endless in every direction.
Floating in front of his was a man. He wore a tight sleeveless green warrior shirt with elbow blades hooked to his forearms. He had one large black angel wing and one large white angel wing. He also wore a mask that was of a fox and a pair of brown breeches. His name was Orion.
Also, there was another man who wore a mage's outfit. It was pure white with a red him. He bore blue eyes and pure white hair. He also had, floating around him what looked like a golden balance. His name was Titan.
This was Haru's mind, the only place where Haru, Titan and Orion could really talk to one another. Yes it was only about five minutes every two weeks, but, in the human world it was about five seconds.
 
“I think I like him.” Haru said smiling.
 
“You were goo-goo eyes over him, of course you like him.” Orion said, adjusting his mask.
 
“You might want to be careful though.” Titan said.
 
“Why, Titan?” Haru asked.
 
“He is after all, a human only. You will have to show him your…curse sooner of later. Are you sure you want to show him that?” Titan said.
 
Haru fell silent. Titan was right. If he admitted to Hatori that he like him, and if he accepted him, if demons ever found out, Hatori would be a main target. He couldn't put Hatori in that type of danger.
 
“But, your happiness is our first concern.” Titan said sensing the tension.
 
“If that will make you happy, then we will back you up, right Orion?” Titan said.
 
“I guess.” Orion said with a grumble.
 
“Take time to think it over.” Titan said sensing the pulling sensation that Haru was felling as he was being tugged back into his body.
 
“Thank you Titan, Orion.” Haru said with a quick bow. Even though, they didn't really help that much, mostly just add worry.
 
Haru blinked and saw he was back in the room. The session was over.
---0----
 
“Where is he?” Ai growled tapping his foot.
 
“Oh I'm sure he is somewhere important.” Sakura said lying. She knew exactly where he was.
 
“Maybe he went to bed already.” Sakura said.
 
“He never came to class…” Ai spoke.
 
“Well….” Sakura said, not being up to think up a lie quick enough.
 
“Sakura, do you think he is with Hatori?” Ai said seriously.
 
“Oh course not!” Sakura said quickly.
 
“Why would be with a junior?” Sakura asked. Of course he was with Hatori but she couldn't let Ai ruin Haru's happy.
 
“Your right.” Ai said.
 
“Hey do you want to go and watch a movie?” Sakura asked.
 
Was Sakura asking him on a date?!?!?
 
“Umm…. Sure.” Ai said with a smile as they walked off.
 
/You owe me big, Haru./ Sakura said with a sigh. She really didn't want to go out with Ai right now. She had a date with Shido.
 
“Here we go.” Sakura said with a sigh again as they walked into the movie room. It seemed that the gangs life was getting more and more difficult.
---0---
Chapter 3: Done!
Ok that was kinda pathetic I know…..but… please bare with me, I'm sorry about it being boring I needed to get things in before the fourth chapter. Thanks you all for reading and reviewing!