Fan Fiction ❯ Devil May Cry: Guide Me ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Weeeee. I finally got my story up. I feel honored. O_o; This is my very first DMC fanfic. As well as writing a fanfic. I mean I wrote stories before, but never uploaded them. The grammar always sucked, spelling was good though, but description was a bit poor. Weeeeeeeeelll, I've been working on my writing skills and I am ready to put my stuff on here. Now I do except Constructive Criticism, just not rude ones. M'kays? Also, the first chapter is basically explaining my character and her life a bit. I promise, all the other stuff will come into play. Off with the story.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own any Devil May Cry Material, but anything else you see in the story that originally weren't in the game; belongs to me. Thank you.
 
Rating: PG-13 Average
 
Genre: General, Romance, Action/Adventure, and a bit angst.
 
Summery: What happens if a new threat comes to the city called “Rekuan”? Evil spirits have been roaming this flower garden city for centuries… No demons. Temen-Ni-Gru decides to come in and try to engulf each city by demons; one by one. What happens if the evil Spirits of that city try to take it over? Will the protectors of that city, even the Half-breed themselves, stop this?
 
 
Guide Me
Chapter One
 
 
Body and metal collided, clattered to the sudden impact. The body fell onto one knee as the hands pressed against the floor for support for its weak frame. A hand rose to the mouth, wiping off the blood that dripped from a cut in the lip. A smirk formed onto there. Red hues glared to the opponent acrossed the room, the training room, warning it. Ebony locks covered almost half of the face, making it hard to see. The opponent only chuckled.
 
“Well well well, is the pupil starting to suspense to the master? Come on, you can take your old man.” He took his stance, fist in the air, about mid-chest apart; legs spread apart as well. The pupil gave a disgusted look while twitching her head to the side quickly then straight again.
 
“Hmph. We'll have to see about that, Gramps. HEEYA!” No sooner then said the pupil burst out in a run, dashing toward, to what appeared, the pupil's grandfather. He only smirked to this and got ready to block. Just when the pupil's attack almost collided, a voice rang out.
 
“Xiao! Go tell your grandfather that Lunch is ready!”
 
Xiao stopped, froze in spot, but replied, “Yes, Grandmamma!” Her arms drooped down to her sides, as her head tilted forward. “Damn, we'll never seem to get this done, huh gramps?”
 
He only gave a sigh and nodded, slowly taking off his Martial Arts gloves and setting them on the nearest table. He brought a hand to his head, rubbing it. “Aye. Your grandmother seems to be always worried about you. Therefore, she knows the right time to call.”
 
The female chuckled, taking off her gloves as well. “Hmm, you think she has hidden cameras set up?”
 
“Haha! If she does, where did she come up with that kind of money?”
 
“I don't know. Gasp! Maybe she's hiding it from us! Keeping it all to her. Traitor I say!”
 
They burst out in a laugh and went on bickering about Xiao's grandmother and other senseless things in life. The laughter soon stopped to the sudden subject of Xiao's father. Her slightly tanned face turned into a sorrow one, eyes narrowed as lips fell into a frown. Her grandfather bit his lip as he walked over to her and gently gave her a hug. “I'm sorry, Xiao. I know it must hurt, but you just got to accept that they won't be coming back; even if they are with us in spirit.” But Xiao did not listen. In fact, she did not want to believe it. She just couldn't accept the fact that her parents were gone. It was hard for her, losing her parents suddenly, thanks to this tower that suddenly appeared.
 
It's that goddamn tower's fault. If it hadn't just popped out of the ground, like a daisy, they wouldn't have died; but no. It had to just come out of the ground, just as they were passing through. Damn, I should've gone with them. I would've seen that coming!
 
Xiao was good at spotting out things that seemed wrong, out of place, or just something that comes to her mind. She had her whole live to gain this experience, as well as learning Martial Arts with her grandfather. Then again; I would've gotten killed myself…
 
“Xiao!”
 
“He knows! We're coming.” Xiao rubbed her temples. “Come on; let's go before grandmamma gets anymore impatient.”
 
~+~
 
Lunch today was great, but Xiao barely had any. The pain still drifted in her heart about her parents; they were with her, just not in reality. Therefore, she left half of her dish eaten. Her guardians began to worry, but didn't bother to barge in on her time.
 
“She'll get over it, Licia; just got to give it time.” The grandfather assured her, taking a sip of his green tea.
 
Licia held her cup in her hand, staring down into it. “I know, Ivian, but it happened so sudden; and this tower… What purpose does it have here in Rekuan?” Ivian shook his head in despair.
 
“I have no idea, dear. No idea.”
 
~+~
 
Xiao sat in her room, knees tucked underneath her as she held a sketch book in hands, drawing something. This girl had a talent for drawing and was pretty good at it most said. They say that she should enter some of her art in contests; she could win big money out of it! … But she refuses. Xiao feels that her art isn't ready for the big world yet, thus, she believes that they aren't very beautiful … like her. She doesn't really consider herself beautiful, but most say she is. She just turns it down. I'm not beautiful. She always tells herself. No matter how many times people say she is… She won't believe it. Just like losing her parents.
 
Ebony locks fell over her shoulder as red hues stared down at the paper, darting from section to section as the hand moved ever-so-gracefully across the paper. Suddenly, her cell-phone rang; having the latest ring-tone “La Tortura” by Shakira. Xiao gave a sigh, setting her things down and stood. She walked over to her dresser, picked up the silver phone with her thin, slender hands, and opens it. She looked onto the small screen, seeing who the message was from. A soft smile came to her lips as her thumb pressed the call button and placed it to her ear. “Xiao here.”
 
“Yo, Xiao! What's up?” The voice asked.
 
Xiao gave a small giggle, her grin growing more. “Nothing; just drawing. What's up with you, Uriko?” She heard a giggle from the other end before receiving an answer.
 
“Nothin' much; just hanging about. Hey! I went by that one tower.. And boy! It took enough to knock the skin off of my bones!”
 
“That scary, is it?”
 
“Mmhmm.”
 
Xiao chuckled again, now placing a hand under her elbow. Red hues looked out the window, eyeing the massive tower. “I don't know. I find it quite interesting.”
 
“Interesting!? Xiao, are you crazy?!”
 
She had expected this type of reply, good thing she prepared for it. “Oh come on, Uriko. Just because it has been dormant for that past few weeks, doesn't mean something could happen. … From what I heard, from Legends; there was a great demon that protested against his own kind, to protect to the human race. Therefore, he went up against the prince of darkness, fought, and won the battle. He sealed away all demon forms in a tower called Temen-Ni-Gru. After that, he went to live with a human woman and she bore two half-breed twins.” Xiao paused for a moment and looked to her mirror, a bit confused on where that came from. “..Maybe that's what that tower is called. Temen-Ni-Gru.”
 
There was silence on there other end, probably confusion. Uriko always got confused to stories. “Uhh,” She muttered. “Mind repeating that?”
 
Xiao laughed softly. “Never mind. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?”
 
“'Kays!”
 
She hung up her cell-phone and set it on her dresser. The story came to her mind again. Then it questioned her. Where did it come from? She certainly didn't know about it, never researched on it, or heard about it from others. Her slim frame leaned against the dresser, by the side, pondering on this. She was a bit worried. How—no. Where did this information come from?
 
A sigh escaped her lips as she trailed acrossed her floor to her bed, plopped down on it and sighed heavenly. “Maybe a goodnight's rest will clear my mind.” Her eyes closed as her body shifted to her side as she cuddled up in those soft blue sheets, drifting off into a deep slumber.
 
~Dream~
 
“Anger, aggression, sorrow, regret, death…All of these symptoms seems to haunt you.”
 
Xiao panted rapidly has her eyes darted from place to place in the endless abyss of darkness. The only light that kept her visible was pattern, in shape of a rose, glowing blue. Her head wandered around, looking for the voice. “Who are you?!” She yelled out, hoping to receive an answer.
 
None. She got none. Her head lowered a bit, eyes closed while still panting; only softly now. `What is this voice? Is it just me?'
 
The voice began to chuckle. “I know where you are, Xiao. I know what you think, do, and say, even before you say it.” She started to become scared now. Was it just a nightmare? No, it feels real to her. Suddenly, a pair of cold hands touched her shoulder, sending shivers down her spine. Her breathes became more emit as a shock expression stayed planted on her face.
 
There was a sudden feather that gently moved back and forth through the still air. Her eyes stayed locked on it as it flew her way. Slowly, she extended her left hand, expanded her hand and let the while plume settle in her hand. Red hues stared down at its glowing features. It is very beautiful to her eyes, never before has she saw a glowing feather before. The hands squeezed at her shoulders, catching her attention yet again.
 
Finally, she had to the courage to speak. “Who are you and what do you want?” She was serious about this. Who was this voice and what did it want? Whatever it is, Xiao prays that she'll wake up soon.
 
The voice chuckled, squeezing her shoulders yet again. “My dear. Don't you recognize your own voice?” Xiao's eyes began to look around rapidly again, was it because of shock? It had to be. How can this woman—or whatever this is, sound like her? To tell the truth, Xiao did hear some familiarities in the other's voice. Slightly deep, but had a sweet tone to it. She couldn't believe it though. Her expression went serious again; her breathing becoming less emitted.
 
“How can two people have the same voice?”
 
The voice did not say anything, but Xiao could feel that there was a smirk upon its face. Suddenly, a mirror appeared beside her, but dared not to look at it. The figure barged her to though. Xiao couldn't bare look into it. “This is just a dream, just a dream. I'll wake up soon...” She muttered, squeezing her hands into fist.
 
“Take a look, my dear, and see what the future holds for you.”
 
She still did not do it, her mind is saying no. The figure was getting impatient, so she squeezed Xiao's shoulders harder. Her fingers soon pierced into the skin, making Xiao twitch in pain. “Do it.” The voice spoke, a bit angered. She still didn't do it, no matter how much pain would be inflicted on her. The voice became more angered by this and squeezed her fingers into Xiao's shoulders even more, causing more crimson to spurt out. Xiao's eyes snapped open, looking straight into the mirror, shocked. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. “No... It… it can't be...” She just wanted to scream. Scream at the pain she saw. She shook her head in disbelief. “No. This can't be my future. And this doesn't explain to me who you are!”
 
“You'll find out eventually…”
 
“How? How can I find out?” Xiao was curious to know. The only body part of the other she could see was the hands and a bit of the wrist. That's all.
 
“Go to the tower. There, most of your questions will be answered.”
 
“Wait. The tower; do you know why it's here?”
 
“… That's for me to know and you to find out, young one.”
 
~Dream End~
 
Her eyes snapped open with a gasp of shock. In response, her body shot up from the bed, eyes staring to the floor. A hand rose up to her hair, running through it. “What... What was that? … And who was that… woman?” She did not know the answer… And probably wouldn't if she stayed here. Her eyes wandered to the window, eyeing the massive tower again. She said to go to that tower, to answer all of the questions that roam my head. But I don't know what's in there, I could get killed. Xiao didn't know what to do. If she told her grandparents, they surely wouldn't let her go, but if she didn't... she would worry them probably to their deaths.
 
Xiao shook her head to get rid of that thought. “Ugh. Just give me a day to think about it.” She spoke softly, letting the hand rest at her side again. A sudden shock of pain rose up her spin, emitting her. Her other hand trusted up to where it hurt, her shoulder. Her eyes looked down to it, now seeing crimson. Now her expression went into a shocked one. The small holes to where the figure had pierced into her skin were still there; but how?
 
~+~
 
A figure stood on the rooftop, its icy-blue eyes stared down to the ground as its blue coat danced in the wind. More likely they were staring toward the window where that female slept. “So she's one of them too.” He spoke, now looking up from the window to the tower. “Her and that half-breed cat.”
 
He had met that half-breed while she passed the tower, but did not bother to make an appearance. Just seeing was enough to convince him. “They are the protectors of this city.” A smirk curled to his lips. “Sounds interesting.” Yes, he couldn't help but fact that this does seem interesting. None-the-less that his brother would be arrive soon, to save the day again from this tower. He gave an `hmph' and went on his way, making plans to what he would have to do with these protectors; and his twin.
 
~++~
 
A/N: Whew. I hope that was good. Chapter Two is along the way. .n.n. I hope it sounds interesting to you guys, it sounds interesting to me. Oh, and please take note that the fanfic doesn't always have to go by what the game is. I know that Vergil stays in the demon world at the end of the game, believe me, I've played it. To my opinion, the fanfic can go by what the writer thinks it should go. Hello, that's why it's called “Fanfiction” here people. If you spot something out of place and/or wrong, other then what I have mentioned, then please tell me in a calm and simple way. I don't want any rude comments, Okays? I hope you enjoyed it.