Fan Fiction ❯ Divination of the end ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Reilon!" Raef called out with Kira at her side. "Reilon, where are you?"
Kira's frantic eyes shifted in desperation, hoping to spot her missing friend. Jumping over the bodies of the other clans, Kira repeated Raef's words. "Reilon, where are you?"
It was then that as she jumped over a particularly large corpse, that she caught sight of her brother, Jai on the ground, his eyes bleeding, and his own bloody arm covering his blood soaked stomach.
"Jai!" Kira yelped as she lunged on top of him. When she landed, she noticed that five bodies were overlapped on top of his legs. Kira immediately clutched one body and dragged it off, tears streaming down her cheek.
Raef noticed this and ran over to the wolf demon girl. "Kira, what are you doing?"
Kira tried to speak but her voice cracked up and gave out. She quickly pointed at Jai's body. Raef shrieked when she saw the Alpha and suddenly grabbed hold of the next dead demon, ripping it off of him. Kira came back after throwing the demon away on top of another and knelt down next to his head. She leaned down and placed one of her black wolf ears on his chest. A long pause came but then a faint beating of his heart filled her ear. "Thank Gods!" she sobbed, tears sliding from her eyes, dripping on Jai's chest where it gathered with the blood forming a red pool.
"He needs healing!" whispered Kira softly.
Raef nodded and cupped her hands around her mouth, whispering a spell, blowing it into her palms. A soft purple glow radiated from her hands and floated to Jai as she blew it out of her hold.
But Raef was weak and the spell couldn't heal Jai completely. The gash in his stomach didn't disappear as it should have, it merely scabbed over as though he had gotten it a week earlier. The scrapes and nicks spat out dirt and thorns that had caked on the wounds from the massacre, then healed completely. Slowly, Jai's breathing steadied and his head began to pump stronger as Raef's spell replaced his spilt blood A relatively good spell casting considering her own wounds.
His eyes opened slightly as he couched up dirt. "K-Kira?"
"I am right here brother." Kira sniffled throwing a grateful glance at Raef who nodded, tears prickling at her eyes. Kira helped Jai lift his head off of the ground and sit up.
"Where are the rest?"
Kira lifted her head in thought and then looked down at the ground. "Reilon is missing and I do not know about the rest."
"You don't know about the rest?" Jai gasped threateningly. Kira winced slightly at his words. "Reilon, Raef, and I were chasing two demons of the Twilight Clan into the forest. Reilon disapeared after we killed the two. We then ran back and when we arrived, there was nothing but dead bodies.
Jai twitched his black tail "What? Help me up!"
Kira rose and pulled her brother to his feet. Jai clutched his stomach and staggered forward, looking around.
"I sent Alume and Hite to go and get reinforcement. Why aren't they back yet?" Jai muttered. Kira peered at her brother helplessly, and backed away towards Raef.
"We need to gather survivors and find the rest." Raef whispered into Kira's canine ear. Kira nodded slowly and walked back to her older brother.
"Jai, let us find the rest."
Jai looked down at the crimson red haired wolf. "Fine then....Raef, I want you to fly to camp and find Alume, and Kira...come with me."
Raef reluctantly nodded and took off into the sky. She knew that Jai was not himself and that at any moment he could snap and attack Kira, even her being his sister. Once Raef was out of sight, Jai turned to Kira, "I am glad that you are okay." he grunted. Kira smiled half heartedly and sniffed the air. It was sour with the smell of death hanging low to the ground. She snorted the scent out and looked around. Jai left her side and started to flip bodies. Kira did the same. She gagged slightly at the sight of some of the corpses, or some of them were almost to mangled to bare. Yet when she turned over one particularly banged up body, there lay Bob Arkai. His eyes were wide open and he was panting heavily.
"Jai, I found Bob!" Kira yipped. Jai sprang over the bodies and ran over to her. Jai sprang over the bodies and ran over to her and the cat demon who, to Jai's surprise, started to smile.
"What the hell?" Jai grinned back at the cat demon who lay on his back. "You idiot!"
Reaching out his hand, Jai yanked Bob onto his feet. Bob's handsome face was covered in dried mud and blood, which cracked around his mouth from the smile.
Jai and Bob blinked at each other for a moment and then started to laugh to Kira's confusement. “Why are you two giggling at a time like this?” Kira snapped angrily.
Jai cleared his throat and punched Bob to stop his laughing. When Bob's chuckle simmered down, Jai spoke. “WE need to find the rest.”
But Bob's cackle rose again, “They left…left, left, left.” He started to sing in his high-toned voice. “Left to die, left to bleed, blood so sweet, blood so red…”
“What the hell?” Growled Jai, “What's your problem Bob?”
“Can't you hear them?” Squealed Bob, tail swaying in a wave-like motion. Then he leaned over and whispered in Kira's ear, his cat eyes wide and terrified, yet gleaming like he'd just caught a particularly large bird for dinner. “Can't you feel them die?” He shouted the last word, causing Kira to yelp and jump back, clutching her ears in pain.
”Bob what's with you? Where are the rest?” she bawled fretfully, tears prickling at her eyes. “Where is Reilon?”
Bob smiled crazily, tears cutting trails through the duct and blood on his face. “Dead all dead/” he whispered grinning. “Except for the mortal girl, she lives. Poor, poor soul.”
“Reilon's alive?” snapped Jai, shaking Bob's shoulders. “Where is she?” But Bob wouldn't or couldn't say anything else. He just kept repeating, “Poor, poor, poor soul.”
Jai grunted and turned back to Kira. “Lets go.”
“But what about Bob?” Kira huffed.
“He's lost it.”
“But…”
“No Kira, only Reilon can help him.”
Kira looked helplessly at Bob's crazed eyes and lowered her head. It was then hat she caught sight of a familiar face.
“Oh my…Talin!” Kira yelped and dove to the ground. Jai walked over to her and stared at the body of Talin. He knew that Bob had loved the bird demon and this was probably why Bob was going insane. When Jai looked up to Bob, he saw that the cat demons eyes were staring down at the body of the dead demon teared up, yet was laughing.
“He is gone…gone forever…” Bobs eyes rolled madly and froth began t dribble from ,his parted lips which let out the words, “Poor soul, they're gone, gone, gone…poor souls.”
“We have to find Reilon, now!” Muttered Kira half to herself and half to Jai.
Jai heard her however, and nodded in agreement, “I'll carry Bob, and you will have to do everything else.”
“I know.” Kira whispered, dropping to her knees. “Where ever she is, she will hear this.” Kira closed her eyes, reaching for the ball of red light, deep in her mind eye. She attained the red orb with her mind, feeling red light consume her, bringing with it a great rush of power that was her birthright. The element of fire was hers.
Opening her eyelid, she stood, her pupils gone in the golden glow of power. Waving her arm, ten element symbols, Light, Darkness, Water, Ice, Air, Wind, Fire, Lightning, death and plant/poison appeared in midair.
The symbols began o glow; Light shown white, Darkness, black, Water, blue, Ice, silver, Air, violet, Wind, orange, Fire, red, Lightning, gold, Death, brown, and plant/poison green. Kira spoke an incantation, as the symbols began to spin clockwise. Ice began to glow brighter and expand, as the speed increased, until it was nine blurs spinning around the large silver mark. Still, the ice mark grew brighter awaiting Kira who could see it clearly even though her eyes were closed tight.