Fan Fiction ❯ Endowment Ahoy! ❯ Manfred Bloor's Loss ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Charlie Bone, though I wish I really did. This fanfic takes place after the forth book, if ya haven't read it, then this'll spoil a lot for you.

Manfred Bloor's Loss

Manfred stopped before his great-grandfather's room door. After the failed 'Frankenstein' event, Ezekiel Bloor was more irritable than normal and what's more, is Manfred's power was continuing to slip away from him.

The current semester had ended last week and Manfred was locked up in this dingy place, Asa was with his family (unlikely as it may seem), and Billy Raven was staying with Charlie Bone, the boy who had gone and spoilled each and every plan of his.

A young girl, about Manfred's age walked outside Bloor's Academy. Her hair was pulled into a low ponytail, the color of red roses on a spring day. Her skin was a creamy peach color, it slightly contrasting with her dark blue jeans and violet t-shirt. A blue cape hung around her shoulders as she continued to walk.

Manfred's black eyes gazed down at the girl. She sparked a hot flame in the bottom of Manfred's cold heart. His body began to feel something...something more than just nothingness. The girl looked up at the window Manfred gazed down from. And she smiled.

Manfred's eyes widened, his body feeling the flame rising up, making his blood boil from the heat. "Damn, it's hot in here. I need to go outside." Just the perfect excuse.

Manfred was soon outside of the castle and the girl walked towards him. He did not know her from the academy, so the cape must have been bought on her own accord.

Manfred got a better look at her face, finally seeing her eyes for the first time. They were an azural blue, a blue that came from the ocean as the waves sway in the calming wind. Manfred just looked at her, his adam's apple going up and down as he swallowed.

The girl smiled and bowed to him, her blood red bangs falling forward as she did. "Hello, my name is Averice Ganbull. It's a pleasure to meet you, my mother sent me here to meet Mr. Manfred Bloor."

Manfred blinked, why would her mother send her here? Manfred shrugged and nodded to her statement, "I'm he. What is it you need?"

Averice smiled and held out her hand, "I wish to come to your school. I am one of the endowed and wish to fit in with some people. Mother has already talked to Mr. Harold Bloor, you father, about the money and stuff. But I just wished to meet you, being the oldest endowed of the kids in this school."

Manfred nodded at her. "You're a bit strange, what is your endowment, if I might be so bold to ask." Averice smiled, her face glowing in his pressance. She takes out a small flute and softly blows an E on it.

The wind around Averice starts to whip around her. Manfred's eyes slowly slip in and out of darkness. Her endowment was to hypnotize anyone by her music. Her music could also make the wind move and the trees sway with her.

Soon the note ended and Manfred came out of his stupor, looking at her with his cold, black eyes. She'd taken his power, and his was wanning. He was losing his power, but maybe he could gain it back with Averice's help.

Averice smiled at him, "I'm a Music Hypnotist. My great-great-great-great aunt was the last to have an endowment. And I guess I got it after mother finally married a man whose family also had endowed in them." Manfred's eyes slightly narrowed, trying to figure out what she was playing at, maybe she was on Bone's side and was just being nice to him to get him under her spell.

Laughing softly, Averice put her flute away. "I need not pull the wool over your eyes for I wish to gain your trust."

Manfred tried to hypnotize her with his eyes, but she looked at his face, uneffected. He had lost his power over people, his mind buzzing with thoughts and questions. His eyes brightening once he found an answer.

He'd stick by Averice Ganbull, as her friend and maybe more. He'd make sure that he'd gain his power back, and if he didn't, he'd make sure Averice was with him so that he could make kids with endowments with her.

Manfred had loss his endowment, but he gained a girl.