Fan Fiction ❯ Fairest Maiden of Imladris ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Title: Fairest Maiden of Imladris
Author: Sailor Bluestar
Pairing: Elrond/Legolas, Glorfindel/Elrohir, Aragorn/Arwen
Rating: R
Warnings: spoilers to Folly of Starlight (Part 5: When I Give), humor, cross-dressing
Disclaimers: The lovely Lord of the Rings characters belong to J.R.R. Tolkien. Minuial and Brethilas belongs to AC for the Folly of Starlight (which I got permission for).
Archive: Otaku no Honden @ http://ainoanime.cjb.net or http://otakunohonden.cjb.net as well as FanFiction.Net and MediaMiner.Org under Sailor Bluestar. If you want to archive, just ask. I doubt I'd deny you.

~Fairest Maiden of Imladris - Chapter 2~

Invitations were sent far and wide across Middle-Earth. Many replied with their acceptance to participate in the contest. Some replied with polite rebuke to the very idea of a man dressing up to be a woman. And then there were some who wrote back asking to be part of the judges.

"How goes the contest preparations?" Elrond asked one day at dinner.

"Very well Father. We received many replies of participation." Elrohir replied.

"Even one from Mirkwood's royalty." Elladan teased.

"Indeed. I wonder who will be the maiden." Elrond said, trying to sound not too interested.

"I bet you wish it to be Legolas." Elrohir said casually.

Elrond raised an eyebrow and turned to Arwen, "Do you know if Estel will participate?"

Arwen smiled at her father, "He did reply about participating on behalf of Gondor. I know not whether he be the one."

"It would be nice to see the entire fellowship of the rings participate." Glorfindel said, amused by the thought.

"It would also be nice to see the surviving members of the first alliance against the rings." Elrond shot back, not wanting to have the choice taken from his beloved.

"Father, do you protest to the fact that the princeling may participate?" Elrohir asked slyly. "And that you do no wish to see your beloved gawked at by others?"

Elrond stiffened at his son's words, "It matters not what I think. If Legolas would like to participate, who am I to stop him?"

"Do you disapprove?" Glorfindel asked, frowning.

"Nay. He can do whatever he desire." Elrond replied with confidence.

"Even charming your clothes off?" Elladan asked. "I might put that in at the last moment."

"You did not decide beforehand?" Elrond asked, alarmed, trying not to think of the possibilities.

"We did, but we also put in there a little note saying that changes may occur." Elrohir said. "We thought of everything. Will you participate Father?"

"Me?" Elrond asked. "I am too old for these games."

"I think Celeborn maybe going for it. We had not really specified who we wanted. We just sent out invitations that anyone could participate." Glorfindel said.

"We shall see. Give me the expected list of what they may be forced to do. I shall decide how great I may suffer." Elrond said as Elrohir passed him a copy of the list.

The others smiled to themselves, hoping that Elrond may consider participating. Already one amongst them joined, without the others knowing of course. It was a matter of pride.



Over in Mirkwood, the royal family was deciding if any of them were to participate. They had replied that their people would participate if they wished.

"I think you could stand a chance Father." Brethilas said.

"But I think you should do it. As my heir, you must uphold the family honor." Thranduil replied in a stern voice. "Consider this as a test upon our honor. You must answer to that challenge."

"Nay father. I think we need to focus on the one who may actually win against all the other men!" Brethilas informed him.

"Oh? Who?" Thranduil asked, curious.

"Why, Legolas of course. He is reknown for his fair beauty. Mother agreed that Legolas was the fairest babe born, though she covered it up afterwards. I believe if I recall correctly that you yourself named him because of such. I say he should start getting used to being in a dress." Brethilas replied with their solution.

"But will he go along with it? He may refuse." Thranduil warned.

"Do not worry. It is well known that Legolas is quite the fair elf amongst us. I shall convince him. And if I cannot, then perhaps you may have a better chance." Brethilas said. "Or we will get someone else."

"Fine. Go talk to your brother. See what he thinks of this contest. I am sure he will be pleased to see Lord Elrond again." Thranduil said bitterly. "If he refuses the challenge, perhaps a reminder of Lord Elrond will spur him into action."

Brethilas wisely held his tongue as he got up and went to look for his younger brother.

End Chapter 2