Fan Fiction ❯ Fangs of the Vampyre ❯ A Lesson in Time ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He chewed on his lip, twirling his thumbs together as he waited impatiently for the school bell to ring. Then he could to see King. His eyes flicked restlessly between the door, teacher and clock. Two minutes. Two minutes between him and the weekend.

He jumped when a book slammed onto his desk. He looked up, startled, to meet the teacher's angry eyes. “Kyle Kausts, do you want to leave so badly that you're willing to miss instruction on a project worth a third of your second term grade?”

He winced. “N-no sir.” He stammered.

“Good.” Giving Kyle a warning look, he returned to explaining the project. Kyle went back to gazing at the door.

`..I won't need geography later on anyways.' He thought absently. A moment later the bell rang and he collected his books, bolting from the classroom. As he was putting his books away in his locker, arms appeared out of what seemed like nowhere and slipped around his waist, silently hugging him from behind. Kyle immediately recognized the embrace and leaned back a little, smiling contently. “Mm...hey King.” He murmured as the boy nuzzled his neck. King was obsessed with his neck...he'd even bitten him there a couple times. But Kyle didn't mind, it didn't hurt or anything and the other boy was very affectionate otherwise. And he was so cute...

But something wasn't right. King...his grip was a little too tight, and he was shaking. When something warm and wet dripped onto his partly-bare shoulder, Kyle realized that the shorter boy was crying. Surprised, but concerned, he quickly released himself and turned around. He locked his arms around the sobbing boy and kissed his cheek. “What's wrong, love?” He whispered in his ear.

“My-my sister...h-her ma—her hu-husband...he-he d-d-died last n-night...” He kept choking on his own tears, eyes clenched shut. Tears escaped them anyways. “I-I loved h-h-him like a b-brother...”

Kyle's own eyes widened a fraction and he tightened his embrace. King sniffed, choked, and buried his face in his boyfriend's sweatshirt. “Oh, honey...” He whispered, lifting a hand to stroke King's soft, though tangled mess of silvery-white hair. “Come on...lets go somewhere less...public...” People walking by were all staring. Some giggling. Mostly staring.

As if it wasn't odd enough having an albino boy blubbering in the hall—in a private school uniform no less—he was blubbering onto one of the most easy-to-piss-off assholes in the school. The unfeeling guy possible. Who acted so unbearably <i>dejected</i> otherwise, that he didn't even care to have friends.

And he was <i.comforting</i> him.

King looked up, face tear-stained. He sensed Kyle's discomfort like a beacon...panicking, and without thinking, he did the first thing that came to mind.

Right before Kyle's eyes, time froze.

His eyes got as wide as dishes. His arms dropped to his sides like rags and he stumbled backwards. “Oh my god—you—they—what-what the hell?!”

“..oh shit, what did I do?” King whispered. “K-Kyle, I didn't mean to. I just—you were—my emotions—this happens when I panic...” He made a move to step forward, but Kyle hastily put his hands up.

“No. Don't. Just explain to me what the hell just happened.”

“I—I'm not human...”