Fan Fiction ❯ Fate ❯ The Gathering ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Fate
Chapter One: The Gathering (revised, I fixed the grammer)
**Please tell me what you think of this item, even if its bad, I need the help**

"And don't forget to go and support the final game of Poe's Ravens tonight at 6pm. That's all and have a nice day," the loud speaker sounded before going quiet. 'Oh boy,' Teresa thought as her teacher began class and passed out the weekend's assignment. 'Its seventh hour and 44 minutes away from freedom, away from school for two days and I can't seem to be able to concentrate on my government. I wish something exciting would happent.'

"I expect this essay to be done and turned in by Monday. You may start it now and we'll give this...um...1,000 words," Mr. Straker said as the class let out a very loud moan. 'Why'd I have to take HONORS American Government?' she wondered as she read the form. Teresa began to think of what to write but then let her mind wander as she began to doodle on the paper. Before she realized what she was doing the bell rang to end class and Mr. Straker began to repeat his earlier message of the assignment and she began to pack up.

Teresa walked through the crowds and on her way down the quiet street, 'Living in New England sure is boring' she continued complaining. The streets were always quiet and deserted, or at least the one to her house. She turned the corner and walked past an old graveyard where she used to play when she was young and continued on until the leaves around her began to blow into a circle before her. She stared in amazement and felt a chill run down her spine as the wind took form, into a boy about 18. All she could do was stare as the winds subsided and the boy stepped closer to her and held out his hand. 'Who is this guy?' Teresa wondered as her hand reached toward his, 'And why do I feel as if I should go with him?' Their hands touched and they were gone in the same blast of winds as the boy appeared in, leaving nothing in their wake but the wind.

***

"What is wrong your highness?" an archer asked a young man next to him as the boy stoped in his tracks. He wore finely woven clothing imprinted with the royal symbol of the Holy Roman Empire, a golden weaved crown surrounded by red cloth.

"It was nothing, but I suggest you go and see how my father is progressing. Protestants can be a tricky sort of person and being the defender of the Catholic religion, he could be in danger," the boy said, his father being King of the Holy Roman Empire, today's middle Europe (ie Germany, Poland, and the Netherlands).

"But your highness, you being the son of King Charles V puts you in danger also," the archer argued.

"I am inside the castle walls with guards on all the exits, my father is in a meeting with countless officials, many wanting my father's blood. I do not see why I should be protected when he is more in harms way than I," the prince countered and said as officially as he could surmise, "Now go off and leave me."

The man was taken aback by the boy's tone and then bowed as one should, quietly responding, "Yes, my lord."

As the guard left to follow the young prince's order, the boy watched, once he could see no more of the man he released a breath to calm himself. 'I thought he would never leave,' he thought but then another strange feeling passed over the prince's person as the wind began to pick up. He stared in amazement as a shape took form in the center of a small wind funnel, a form of a young man and woman about his age. "Who are you?!" he shouted into the winds but was taken by surprise when a hand touched his and he was then taken forth.

"Lord, your highness's father is...done...?" the archer said when he reentered the courtyard he left his charge in and stared at the blank space in which the young boy had so recently occupied.

To Be Continued in "Fate: Part 2: The Explanation"