Fan Fiction ❯ Fate ❯ The Explanation ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Fate
Chapter Two: The Explanation

**I'm always willing to hear what you people think, actually I'm BEGGING you to tell me what you think. This is the edited version, had to fix my grammer**

"where?...where am I...?" Teresa said softly as she regained consciousness and tried to remember what had happened to her. 'I was walking home from school when...'

"Where am I!" another person shouted and Teresa then saw that she was not alone. She looked in the direction of the noise to find another boy, about her age, in simple black pants with a gray shirt. She continued to look around and noticed something strange, 'where are my clothes?!' she thought with great alarm. She shot up and looked at her clothing and realized it was the same fashion as her cellmate. Her attention went back to him as she tried to think of where she had seen him before. He noticed her attention and asked, "You girl, do you know where we are?"

Not being used to being spoken to like that, Teresa wasn't sure how to respond, "What do you mean 'girl'?" she said threateningly.

"Don't you know anything, urgh you must be just a simple peasant girl not knowing where you are," he said and turned his face back to the large door in front of them.

"A simple peasant?!" Teresa demanded, standing up and moving over to him so as to look him directly into his eyes.

"Leave this to me, this is a man's job," he said, brushing her aside and beginning to pull on the sides of the door frame but the monstrous thing would not budge.

"Man's work huh?" she asked with a grin and moved back to his side, and pushed him away, "Its useless to do that, the door is just too heavy, you need the key or command word to open it," she continued matter-of-factly.

"Your words have no meaning to me girl, what do you mean 'command code'?" the boy asked her, his eyes watching her suspicously. But before she could answer him the door moved to the side to reveal another young man in the doorway.

"She means a command, like one you would give to a knight of your royal court Prince Kevin," the stranger said to him and turned to Teresa, "and I am very surprised you knew of such things, Teresa, considering in your time such things are pure fiction."

She was taken aback by him and then ran her hand through her long brown hair and said shyly, "Actually it is, but I am a very avide Trekkie and those are the type of doors in the show and...um...yeah...how do you know my name?"

"I demand to know who you are and how you know me," Kevin said harshly.

"Of course, if you follow me, I will explain everything," he turned and began to walk out when he realized neither of them were following and stopped.

"It would be easier to follow you if we knew your name," Teresa hinted meekly.

"Ah yes, where are my manners. My name is Waren, Prince of Earth and the Sol Solar Colonies. Now come along, there is much to tell you and unfortunatly, not enough time to allow for much fun." He turned again to leave and was followed by a Prince of the 16th century and a 20th century girl through a brightly lite corridor.

"Where no one has gone before...," Teresa muttered under her breath as she got the feeling she would never be the same again, but not noting any fear in the possibility, 'I need to go through with this, whatever it is.'

***

"So what are we doing here?" Kevin asked impatiently as the three walked down the hallway, him to the right of Waren and Teresa on Waren's other side, her attention moving from her surroundings to her companion.

"Yeah, you never did tell us. Do you expect us to trust a complete stranger or something?!"

"Actually you already have," Waren spoke quietly to them keeping his eyes on the hallway as if he had never traveled it before.

"What do you mean we have?" Kevin asked before Teresa had the chance to.

"You both had a choice to come with me. Although you did not say it or even notice it, you trusted me and proved it by entering the vortex," he answered still staring at the ground.

"Vortex?! I had no choice about coming with you and it wasn't by choice it-" Kevin started to yell.

"Yes you did!" Teresa interrupted, surprising Waren and Kevin, along with herself, "we both reached into the winds that brought us here, we weren't taken here or kidnapped. Those winds were the vortex, right?" she continued, asking her future counterpart.

"Yes," he said surprised and looked into her face, "you seem to know a lot more than your time does. This 'Star Trek' must be a great resource."

"What does she know, she's a common woman."

"How would you like to be beaten up by a common woman?" Teresa threatened, again surprising herself with her new found courage.

"We're here," Waren said quietly and stopped in the middle of the hall as the other two looked at the door before them with white words printed on it stating 'CONFERENCE ROOM'. The door swung open and the three entered. "Please sit," he gestured to the chairs to the left of the door and Kevin and Teresa took their seats. "To explain this as simply as possible, we are part of the Triumvirate of Life. A triangle of soul, nature, and mind; of past, present, and future to guard time."

To Be Continued in "Fate: Part 3: Training"