Fan Fiction ❯ Fate ❯ Training ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Fate
Chapter Three: Training (revised)
**Please review, I'm begging you**

"We're WHAT?!" Teresa yelled as Kevin's jaw dropped to the floor.

"We are here to protect time," Waren said as if it was a normal, everyday response.

"We heard you," Kevin said angrily, "we just don't believe you. And do not try to say that we do since we came here in the first place! I'm not a simpleton and do realize that such assumptions are utter rubbish."

"And are you saying that I'm a 'simpleton' because I actually acknowledge the fact that I was drawn to this…this…" Teresa faltered as she digested the whole of what Waren had said, "How are we supposed to save and protect time? We're just teens?"

"That has been accounted for Teresa. If you both would follow me," and Waren began to lead them once again through the large and futuristic hallways.

"Why couldn't you have taken us where ever we're going the first time?" Kevin asked, getting annoyed at this unstructured behavior.

"Because I thought you would need more proof than just the feeling."

Kevin lifted a finger to point to Teresa and said in a disgusted tone, "She had the feeling, I just want to know the truth."

"Then why are you following if you didn't have the same feeling? Or are you afraid to be left alone?" she said in a mocking way.

"Can you two not bicker all the time?" Waren asked, shocking them with his harsh tone. "We are here to work together. We cannot protect anything if we can't even agree on a feeling or presence we ALL felt."

"I will if she does."

"Fine," Teresa said, folding her arms in front of her in a huff.

The three walked several more steps in silence as they rounded corner after corner, passing several people in the process, all looking very curiously at the strange foreigners. Then all of a sudden the hallway ended and they entered a grand forest.

"Now we practice."

"Here?!" Teresa demanded.

"Why not?" Waren wondered out loud.

"Now who's afraid," Kevin teased, but then stopped when he saw the glare from Waren.

"I'm just not the rough outdoorsy type of person," she said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Simpleton," Kevin muttered, but not softly enough.

"What did you call me?!"

"SIMPLETON, a silly, female, common, simpleton," Kevin said, watching as Teresa began to clench her fists and glare directly at him. *Maybe I will let them argue* Waren thought *if anything, they'll find their powers before we even need to teach them* As Waren watched the two bicker back and forth he noticed that Teresa's hands began to glow a soft red with each of Kevin's criticisms. *She has the power of nature!* was the last thought Waren had before a burst of energy flew from Teresa.

To Be Continued in "Part 4: Another"