Fan Fiction ❯ Fate ❯ A Mission ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Fate
Chapter Six:A Mission
**Yes, another chapter, be proud everyone!!! Well, so far I only know of one person who reads this so, be proud Jasmine ^^ Anyway I'd love to know if there is another person out there who enjoys the story, it would be nice. Just drop a line, I promise I don't bite and I swear I'm not as crazy as my writing makes me appear**

*Last time on Fate*

"So Waren, now they know but that won't save these children from me," the shadowed figure whispered as the image of Kevin and
Teresa dissolved from view. The robbed figure stood from his seat and let the hood slip from the top of his head to release a long flow of raven black hair and a pale face with eyes as bright as the stars themselves. He was, for lack of a better term, beautiful but his chiseled features and small grin lent to a cold air about him, a cold and mysterious feeling that followed the man
as he moved to the window of his chamber. The window showed what lay beyond the bubble Waren and his companions had
begun to call home, it showed the outside wastelands where no man traveled willingly. "You children should be afraid, be afraid of everything that humanity has accomplished, but once I am successful, no one shall have to worry or fear, no one will have to do anything. Poor children, so much is expected of you I almost feel simpathy, almost. But now," he raised a gloved hand to the window and an image began to appear, "now we shall meet and I will tell you the truth, the truth that not even Prince Waren himself is permitted to know." Lorid removed his hand from the glass and an image of a courtyard appeared into veiw, the place where Kevin had been before he was taken. The image tightened to an archer, Kevin's gaurd, as the man began a paniced search of the grounds. "It should be no time at all now."

*Now on with the chapter*

"Where could Prince Kevin had gone?!" the young archer wondered aloud. He was about twenty, very young for a guard but none had questioned his position after seeing his abilities with the bow. He was almost 6 feet high with short blonde hair and a small beard on his chin. He had watched over Kevin for three years, now being able to tell when the young prince was up to something and where the young lad would hide but today he could find no trace of his charge. The footprints lead him no where, stopping in the center of the courtyard where he had left to check on the king. If his highness were to find out that his first born son was missing, the meeting with the Protestant rulers would've been for nothing since they would be the likely suspects and the first to pay for any abductions or kidnappings that took place. He knew the king well, and knew that if he did not find Kevin soon, blood would rain throughout the land until Kevin was found and the kidnapper put to death. The archer shivered at the thought of what might happen to him as well, since he had left the prince alone. "I must find his highness before his highness, the king, finds out!"

***

*MEEP* *MEEP* *MEEP*

"wha...huh...oh great," Waren murmured as he rose from his bed, his normally neat, sholder length black hair giving the perfect definition of 'pillow hair' as he stood and walked groogily to the consil to find out what was happening.

*MEEP**MEEP**MEEP*

"urg...what now?" Kevin woke grumbling as the sound invaded his dreams of home, in simpler times, "Now I know why Teresa said she hated alarm clocks so much, they're damned annoying!" He got up and walked over to the consol opposite of his bed to see if he remembered how to turn off what he thought was an alarm. He looked over to the clock display, which read 3:17 am. "Blast it all!" he exclaimed as he ran to the doorway to Waren's room.

*MEEP**MEEP**MEEP*

"Mom, turn off the stupid alarm, its Sunday!" Teresa yelled as the sound continued to disturb her sleepy mind and rolled over to hide her head underneath the pillow. After what seemed like forever in the teenager's mind she rolled over to finally open her eyes and find herself in the futuristic room she now occupied. "oh right, I forgot," she murmured to herself as she rolled out of bed and walked over to the door to Waren's room just in time to see two very groggy and sleep deprived boys look into the consol near the exit.

*MEEP**MEEP**MEEP* (see its even annoying the readers ^^)

"Is there anyway to turn that infernal noise off?!" Kevin yelled over the noise to his companion who was frantically trying to remember the correct buttons to press before he gave into the urge to throttle the poor machine for doing what it was programmed to do, or just hurt Kevin into oblivion, whichever occurred first. Kevin looked over to the other side of the room as he heard the sliding door open into Teresa's chambers. "Finally woman, it seems as though you can sleep through anything."

"And a good morning to you too Prince Charming," she said sarcastically back as she reached Waren's other side.

"Can't you two be civil to each other for once in you lives while I figure out what buttons it was," Waren managed out of his grinding teeth. His sleepiness had worn off about three minutes ago after the first combination of buttons refused to work and he noticed the time on the clock.

"Well, someone woke on the wrong side of the bed. Do I dare ask what this alarm means or are going to bite off my head?" Teresa said in a huff and she tried to read the writing that kept flashing in and out of focus, 'I really shouldn't have read so much history last night, I think my eyes are becoming permanently crossed'.

"It means that there's a disturbance of some sort but I can't figure out how to switch the alarm on silence."

"Why not?" Kevin asked, looking at the controls, trying to remember if he read anything about that or if it was just a lack of sleep that was making it impossible to remember anything.

"Because I haven't had to use the commands for quite sometime now would you please be quiet?!" Waren snapped as he smacked the offending consol, only to have the sound switch to a shrill whistle.

"Oh that's much better," Teresa moaned as she covered her ears with her hands.

"If you can do better than be my guest," Waren said, waving his hands up in defeat.

"Alright," she happily and cracked her knuckles. She looked at the consol and then back to the pair of boys watching her, "I suggest you back away."

"Now Teresa, lets not do anything hasty-" Waren tried to say as Kevin dragged him slowly away from the wall. Teresa watched as they backed to a presumably safe distance and then back to the wall.

She closed her eyes and said softly, "electricity...electricity...feel the pulse inside of you..." she opened her, now flashing white eyes and raised her arms to the wall as lightning hit the consol and short circuited every system there, the wail from the alarm dying to nothing as the smoke arose from Teresa's raised hands. "That better?"

"Smart alack," Waren muttered as he walked to his toasting consol to hopefully find out what the whole commotion was about. "Next time don't use so much power, you must've sent through over 1 million voltz, the thing's toast."

"Let me try," Kevin walked over and placed his hands on both sides of the consol and closed his eyes to concintrate on repairing the broken monitor.

"Uh, Kevin I don't think your powers can-"

"Shh," Teresa cut Waren off as they watched the smoke get sucked back into the frazzled (I like that word) and broken screen. As they watched a white light emitted from Kevin's hands a grew to such brightness that Waren and Teresa had to hide their eyes from the blaze. When it died down they looked to find Kevin puffing from the exersion and a message in bright red text flash across the screen, reading: DISTURBANCE CIRCA 1538.

"There seems to be a problem in your time Kevin," Waren said reading the message and looking to the other boy.

"What's happening? Is my father in danger?!" Kevin asked hurridly, obvious concern painted across his features.

"It would appear Lorid is making himself known," Waren continued.

"Well, what can we do?" Teresa asked meekly of the futuristic prince.

"We have to go back, back to 1538. Its our mission."

**Wow all done, I appologize for how long it took for me to write this but I just couldn't get to what was gonna happen but fear not because I actually have a fair idea of their adventure in the past. Man I seem to pick on Kevin an whole lot, poor guy but fear not he gets a main part in the next chapter and of course a lot of Teresa bickering. Imagine and 20th century girl in a 16th century Holy Roman Empire court ^^ man I could have so much fun I don't know where to start. Any suggestions, comments or criticisms please leave a review. Thankx for reading, and to Jasmine: I BEAT YOUR DUE DATE BY ONE DAY, BE PROUD ^-^**