Fan Fiction ❯ Fate ❯ Lorid ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Fate
Chapter Five:Lorid
**I've FINALLY added a chapter. Thank you Jasmine for the review, although I would like the other readers (if there are any) to review too, yeah that means you, yeah you hiding in the corner...better calm down huh...well anyway another instillation of Fate has arrived, surprisingly and as for whats gonna happen, your guess is as good as mine ^^;;**

After three days of getting used to the new surroundings, Teresa and Kevin seemed to be settling in. They each had been given a room, each next to Waren's so he could keep an eye on the two. Krizia's powers had been popping up every so often, usually targeted at Kevin since their bickering never seemed to sease, but rather than things being said to hurt the other, it seemed to bring the two closer together; neither of the two actually getting too angry to try to seriously hurt the other. They were each in Waren's room, since their rooms were ajoined, trying to learn as much as they could about the new time they were in by going through anything they could read, on computer consols anyway. Waren watched them as they each sat on the floor, facing away from the other after another round of verbal sparing. Each were going through the history of the world, starting from where they had left off. This gave Teresa the advantage but not for long since Kevin refused to let a 'simpleton' beat him at anything, especially a girl.

Teresa, although ahead in history, seemed to be taking longer to digest the material, either that or she just kept her pace slow enough so that it appeared she was studying but really waiting for her team-mate to catch up, Waren suspecting the latter. Her studied her as she twirled her pencil in the air, since she still couldn't figure out how to get the voice recognition equipment to accept her voice pattern. She looked to be 17 years old, average height for her time of 5 foot 7 inches, she had brown colored hair that seemed to have red highlights cut down around her face in jagged edges (like the Huntress from TV but different colors). Her eyes were brown, but seemed to flash colors when she reached for her power, like when she called upon air they would flash white, fire would be red, earth would be green, and water aqua. It was an amazing transition that Waren found interesting and Kevin just used in their next spout of insults. She is dressed in normal clothes of his time which was a sort of red suit with gold trimmings, which seemed to flatter her nicely but she complained were somewhat confining but was happy they were pants.

Kevin, also studying his history, was looking over the twentieth century, commenting on how barbaric and incivilized the people looked. He was about 5 foot 11 inches, short by Waren's standards but probably very tall in his own time. Kevin had short brown hair, cut very traditionally but wavy. His eyes looked to be a dark blue color, like most from the center of Europe with also pail skin. He too wore a similar suit, but blue.

Everyone sat there quietly, reading their work, ignoring the other as the night wore on. Eventually each getting very tired and very bored with the uneventfullness of their life.

"Why do we have to keep reading like this?" Kevin asked Waren after a few hours of none stop reading and note taking.

"Do what?" Waren asked, looking off of his own consol.

"Do nothing," Kevin said exastperated, "if we're supposed to protect time and all that why haven't we done anything besides practice and read?"

"For once I have no complaint with anything Kevin's said," Teresa chimed in, leaving her work to stand and strech out her aching limbs.

"Because neither of you are trained."

"Well then lets go train. Anything's better than just sitting here reading through the past," Kevin said, also standing to stretch out.

"You are being trained, you are learning what has happened so that when we do go back to fight, we don't change naything," Waren explained, though admitting to himself that all this reading was making him crosseyed.

"What do you mean change things?" Kevin asked him, "I mean if it has already happened how could we change it?"

"Uh oh, I hear paradox," Teresa muttered and received a surprised look from Waren and a confused look from Kevin, so she decided to explain, "A paradox is what you get when you think too much about time travel. Like if you go back in time to stop something from happening and you end up making it happen by you being there. The paradox part is that if you never went back the thing would never have happened and you wouldn't be thinking about stopping it. Or if you do stop it then how can you possibly have gone back in time to stop something that never happened? Its really confusing, and this is why a paradox is a BAD thing."

"You're strange," Kevin said and looked back at Waren.

"Actually she's right, almost, I think if she's saying what I think she's saying," Waren said, putting a hand behind his head and scratched as he began to ponder.

"How about a simpler question then?" Kevin continued, forgetting about the craziness that came from his companion's mouth.

"Sounds like a good idea," Waren said, dropping paradoxes for another time.

"Who are we to fight?"

"Lorid."

"And he would be?" Teresa pushed.

"An evil man," Waren said darkly.

"No fooling," Teresa muttered sarcastically.

"Come now Waren, if you expect us to do battle we must know something of the opponent," Kevin said.

"In other words, spill it," Teresa added and sat next to Waren, followed closely by Kevin.

"He was a scientist, and the first to figure out how to traverse through time. He was highly intelligent but also twisted. He, like everyone else here in this time, knew that I possessed the power of the mind, the third member of the triumverate and planned to travel and find the other two."

"Doesn't sound so bad, thats what you did," Teresa said calmly.

"He didn't wish to gather you, he wished to destroy you. The legend of the Truimverate of Time said that there would be a great evil that would challenge and almost destroy all and bring about the awakening of our powers, since mine were already awakened he brought it to himself to become that evil."

"Why would he do that?" Kevin wondered aloud.

"Because then the world would be harmonious or so goes the legend."

"But your time seems very 'harmonious'," Teresa said, "I mean I haven't heard of any wars or famines or anything."

"You haven't seen outside, outside there is all that and more. There are mutations."

"Mutations? You mean unhumans, demons?" Kevin again asked, half expecting Teresa to answer again but she remained eerily silent.

"No, they're human. After Teresa's time there was another world war, a devistating and even worse than the other two combined. Not only were nuclear weapons used but also biological and chemical. Those who survived were mutated, different from the rest of society and were thus shunned to live out in the wastelands outside. That forest I took you to is one of the few remaining on this planet, although we are traveling and colonizing other planets the probability of everyone escaping the Earth before its too late is nearly impossible."

"So this Lorid has decided to turn 'evil' in order to bring us here and alter time so that none of this happens?" Teresa asked, shocked at what will happen in the future.

"Yes, in a way, he has chosen to change time itself to stop this from happening, but we can't let him."

"But if we don't change time, the Earth will die?" Keivn asked, outraged by all of this.

"But if he were to change time, none of us would exist. Because the only way to stop humanity from fighting is to..."

"...is to destroy humanity," Teresa finished for him as she hugged herself trying to stop a chill that ran down her spine and hold back the tears at hearing of the immanent destruction of everything she knew. Kevin drapped his arm around the girl, trying to comfort her as she had when they first learned of their new gifts.

***

"So Waren, now they know but that won't save these children from me," the shadowed figure whispered as the image of Kevin and Teresa dissolved from view. The robbed figure stood from his seat and let the hood slip from the top of his head to release a long flow of raven black hair and a pale face with eyes as bright as the stars themselves. He was, for lack of a better term, beautiful but his chiseled features and small grin lent to a cold air about him, a cold and mysterious feeling that followed the man as he moved to the window of his chamber. The window showed what lay beyond the bubble Waren and his companions had begun to call home, it showed the outside wastelands where no man traveled willingly. "You children should be afraid, be afraid of everything that humanity has accomplished, but once I am successful, no one shall have to worry or fear, no one will have to do anything. Poor children, so much is expected of you I almost feel simpathy, almost. But now," he raised a gloved hand to the window and an image began to appear, "now we shall meet and I will tell you the truth, the truth that not even Prince Waren himself is permitted to know." Lorid removed his hand from the glass and an image of a courtyard appeared into veiw, the place where Kevin had been before he was taken. The image tightened to an archer, Kevin's gaurd, as the man began a paniced search of the grounds. "It should be no time at all now."

**Wow that was long, not what I planned but oh well ^^ Anyway, I have been told that I never described what the people looked like (oops) so I tried to fixed that, maybe I'll even draw a pic for each character...maybe but until then give me a response, tell me what you thought and I'll see what I can do**

To Be Continued in "Part 6: A Mission"