Fan Fiction ❯ first draft ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1

As night falls on the land, the only light that can been seen for miles is a large castle. The Castle of Duke is located in the center of one of two large kingdoms that reside on the eastern part of land. Beside the Kingdom of Duke is its twin, the Kingdom of York. Years ago these two kingdoms were apart of one huge kingdom.

This large kingdom was ruled by a man named Darokin. As king, he fought for many years against evil rulers around him trying to claim part of his land. After seeing that this is no way to rule a kingdom, Lord Darokin decided when he dead that his twin sons would get equal shares of the kingdom. Being only seconds older, Darokin's son Duke got first choice of land which was on the west side, it contains a road for trade. Darokin's younger twin son, York, got the land on the east with the ocean by it for trade.

Duke is the older son of Darokin but he has away felt threatened by his younger brother. Nothing he did was as good as York. He tried everything to get more praise from his father but everything he did York was right there getting praise with him. Darokin loved his sons equally and nothing they did would make him love one son more than another. Upon Darokin's death, Duke carefully selected the west side of the kingdom because he believed that the west road would make him more rich and powerful than York. To his sadden ness, a year after Darokin's death it became known that ocean trade would replace trade on the road ways. Duke was discussed when he saw that his brother's kingdom became more rich than his own kingdom. When this happened, something in Duke's mind snapped and his only thought was to destroy his brother.

"I need a way to destroy York," said Duke as he paced around his private chamber. Within his chambers, Duke is around his two most trusted allies, Selina and Calvin. Selina is a witch of the black arts and contained few skills as an assassin. Besides her powers and skills, this black haired woman has a beauty that is indescribable for words. This was more advantages she had, to make Duke take her as his love. Calvin is strong built like Duke but just a little smaller. With his years of training as a knight and warrior, he now holds the rank of General of all Duke's armies, plus he is the leader of Duke's private taskforce.

"Lord, there is no way a standard attack will win against your brother's army," Calvin said as he thought about ways to aid in defeating his king's enemy. "If only there was a way to increase your amount or maybe form some alliances with other kings to overpower your brother."

"Can it be done?" ask the king as he stood still waiting for an answer.

"Maybe it would be done my ledge. Unfortunately it would take years to raise that many," Calvin said as he fought for answers. "By the time we have that many, your brother would still have a larger army with that entire time passing. We can't ask for help from anyone because they wish for peace. They don't see any evil in him."

"My lord, I have an idea," spoke Selina as she got up from her set. King Duke watched her as she walked to the map wall. This wall had a large decorated map of all the land east of the Fire Mountain. As she stared at the map she continued her idea. "If the others won't join us on their own, maybe we should make an example of him."

"Go on," said the king as he stood locked on her every word.

"The other kingdoms would happily join us if we were in need of help."

"Go on."

"Say that your brother attacked a part of your kingdom. Then all the others would see evil in him and then join you."

"I don't agree my king," Calvin said as his right fist hit the main table. "They wouldn't believe all that. They would need proof."

So give it to them," answered Selina as she walked back to the table. "Send your private army to one of the border villages. If you destroy all of a southern border village, then the other rulers would have their proof and none would be around to tell the truth of the attack."

"Do you know what you're saying?" asked Calvin. "You are talking about killing our own people."

"Yes, I know," said King Duke. "The good of the many will always out way the good of the few. Take my chosen army and wipe out Sir Williams and everything around him."

"Yes my lord. It will be done," Calvin said as he bowed to his king and then walked out.

"So did you like my plan?" ask Selina as she stood in front of her king.

"Yes I did," King Duke said as he looked into her eyes and smiled. "Whatever did I do to deserve you?

"You are so evil," Selina replied and then they kissed.