Fan Fiction ❯ Flappety-Flap ❯ Flappety-Flap ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

I mock one of the most annoying late-night ads ever. Mock, mock. 250 words.

~

~

Flappety-Flap

~

~

"I am vengeance. I am the night. I am… Batman!"

"Riiight. Are you aware that you're standing in front of a Cartoon Network sign?"

"… What?"

"A Cartoon Network sign. Turn around and wait for lightning to light up the sky again. Or use a flashlight."

"Huh." Batman looked rather nonplussed at the sign. "Well I'll be. What does it mean, I wonder?"

The mysterious young woman rolled her eyes. "We're in a cartoon, that's what."

"What?"

"That's what it means. Even worse, not really a cartoon." She looked around her, causing him to do the same and notice that not much was going on at all. He didn't even know where the wind that was rippling his cape was coming from. "It's a cartoon advertisement, a cheap one at that. Good grief, this is so embarrassing."

"Um…"

"I mean, I can't even swear in this! It's awful!" Suddenly she looked thoughtful. "Hm."

"What?"

"Careful with that word, you'll use it up. It just occurred to me: we have already broken the fourth wall, so…" She reached out and tweaked a dial that hung in midair.

Reality snapped in, giving him whiplash. Gothem City was back to its usual busy self, the breeze ruffled nicely, and rain began to pour matching the dark clouds and previously mentioned lightning. Thunder boomed not long after it.

"What a lovely night to be out in," the woman muttered, taller and oddly metallic. "Damn, I hate it when the rain plings off my skin."

~

~

~ complet ~

~

~

:: you can freak out about me / but you'd lose your mind without me ::