Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden Powers ❯ Prologue ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
**I own all these characters in this story. Don't take them unless you have MY permission. It's restricted. I created them and designed them. Everything about them was my idea and mine alone. Don't flame me though! Enjoy the story.**




PROLOGUE



"Get her! Don't ler her escape!"
"She has the child with her! If you capture them, kill them!" They shouted. The troops seperated and went each a different way, disappearing into the deep forest.
"Cap'n. Must we kill them right off? It is a woman and her child, sir." The young rookie who just joined the sqaud looked up questionally at his commander. He had never heard of any squadran to ever kill a woman and her child- never until now.
"We must do what we were ordered to do, Leutienant. That woman is evil and her son carries the same blood as his mother. They carry evil spells they can cast and aren't human. We cannot have them wandering around the town like so and cause such disruption." The lead commander stated calmly as he watched the rest of his troops travel deeper into the forest.
"Aye, Cap'n. But can we not just arrest them and give them a fair trial?"
"You forget yourself, soldier. We were given strict orders to find the woman and kill she and her young child. Do not question orders. Learn that, and you will be spared a great punishment." The commander finished and walked away back to his post leaving the younger soldier confused but with no other choice but to relent.

-----
"Get her! Don't let her escape!
"She has the child with her! If you capture them, kill them!" Was all Marina heard last as she ran feriously through the forest, dodging branches that tore at her face and jumping over uprooted roots from huge trees. She held the child pressed close to her and ran harder, trying to ignore then small whimper that he made at her bosom. She couldn't let them get him. He was a child- her child and she would do anything to protect him. And that is exactly what she did.
They had scorned her and marked her as a witch and traitor. Because she knew powers no ordinary human would know, she was considered evil. Her son was also claimed as one because he was her blood.
It was her own fault. If only she wouldn't have tried to help that old man by using her spells. Everyone had accused her of trying to kill him and that was the last straw for her. The town's soldiers would hunt her down and kill she and her young baby. But only if they caught her. She hoped that by staying low in the forest and being a good distance away from them, they would evidentually give up. She hoped that that would be the case. At least enough to protect her baby.
To her utmost realif, a cave sat perched and perfectly covered by trees and bushes. She knew she had been heading in the right direction of it. The cave would give she and her boy enough time to recover and stay hidden until night fall. She felt so reassured that she had known where the cave was. She had nevered ventured inside of it but now was the best time as any. She hoped she hadn't been spotted to know where she would lay hidden. Entering the cave quietly, she gently sat down against the wall and held her son closer to her. His big purple eyes gazed frightenly up at her and clung to his mother tighter.
"There, there my son. I will be here to protect you always. No need for tears and a look of fright in your eyes." Marina hushed him softly and rocked him in her arms as the boy's eyes closed. "Mommy." He whispered as he fall into a deep childish dream.

Marina woke with a start when she suddenly heard male voices a few yards away from the cave. How had they found it so easily and so soon?
"I see her footprints in the soil. They are sorta fresh so she definitely ran through here." she heard one soldier tell his comrade.
"She's around. Search the area." The other ordered loudly.
"Oh no..." Marina peeked out the cave entrance and spotted movements along the trees. She glanced back quickly at her sleeping child and felt her heart skip a beat. There was only one option left for her.
Hiding her son further down the cave, she put down all she had been carrying next to her baby and knelt down beside him. Crying, she kissed her baby and brushed his hair back then slipped a silver chain around his neck with an ingraved symbol on the front shaped like a wolf. She then turned away and ran out of the cave as fast as possible. The young boy woke upruptly when he heard a distant gunshot echo through the woods.

Walking cautiously through the forest, the younger soldier held his gun tight in his hand and aimed forward at anything. He was just about to relax some when he heard a gunshot and a woman's scream.
"Bloody hell...They killed her." And as he walked in the direction of where the shot had rung out, he heard a child's cry not too far from where he walked. He knew instantly that it was the child that Marina woman had carried. It came from the south of him and he ran towards the cry. There he spotted a wide cave and knowing the child was inside, he stepped in. There, indeed, was the young child sitting upright, clinging to his tiny blanket while screaming out his cries.
Knowing that his fellow soldier's would kill the boy, the young rookie scooped the boy in his arms and shushed him, glancing at his necklace around his neck.
"Did your mommy leave you?" He asked softly, trying to speak gently to the frightened child. The boy only nodded and stared at him with wide, scared eyes. The soldier knew he couldn't bring the child back. They would kill a this child instantly. Then he had an idea.
Picking up the rest of his belongings that were on the floor, he wrapped the boy in the blanket and asked the child quietly to stay quiet and not make a move. The boy squirmed some but complied. Then the soldier ran through the trees and ran past streams going in the direction he was familiar with.
"I hope to God that old man and woman still live in that old place." He knew that kind couple would take the boy in. They had lost their 2 twin boys a few years ago, he knew. He heard that either they had drowned or were killed by a wild beast in the forest. Whatever the reason, the couple still remained in their cabin, never leaving it except to go into town for food and supplies.
Then he saw the cabin in a clearing and ran faster just in case he was spotted. To his realif, he old woman was outside hanging some towels on an old line that her husband had hung up for her.
"Mrs. Nomura!" He yelled and raced towards the older woman as she turned around surprised.
"My! What has gotten you in a rush, young soldier." She smiled sweetly and glanced at the moving blanket in his arms. "And what is it that you have?"
"That is why I am here. Please, take him." The soldier unraveled the blanket and let loose the young boy with dark purple hair with a lighter shade of eyes. He was simply precious. Mrs. Nomura gasped and covered her mouth.
"My word! He is adorable! But isn't this the child that was to be killed? Where is his mother?"
The soldier took a breath. "The mother was killed. I found him in a cave not too far from where the shots were fired. They would have found him if I hadn't gotten to him first. But I cannot bring him back with me. They'll kill him because they think he has evil powers. They would actually kill a baby." He said angrily and gave the crying boy to the older woman who craddled him in her arms.
"Leave him with me. Satoshi and I shall protect him." She said seriously and thanked the soldier as he ran off back into the trees
The older woman glanced down and the trembling baby and studied his chain around his neck with the ingravment of a wolf.
"Blood of the Wolf." She read aloud and carried the child into her cabin.


Disclaimer:
Like it? If ya do then I'll keep writing! I'm kinda making this up as I go really guys. And hey maybe I'll take some ideas from anyone willing to give them. I kinda have an idea of how to start the first chapter whenever I write it. Thanks!
Converting /tmp/phpVHZHXv to /dev/stdout