Fan Fiction ❯ From Hell and Back ❯ The Joys of school ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Claimor: MINE! NO TAKEY!

And now, long overdue, Chapter 4 of From Hell and Back: A hobbi. er. nevermind. ^_^;;; Oh, and try not to mind the formatting oddities. my comp is possessed.

~*~*~*~*~

        "But the collar chafes!" Yasuo complained pathetically. Katherine, in typical female fashion, ignored his whining and continued to button the uniform's shirt. She squinted, fairly certain that the shirt was no longer as black as it had been when she'd first started putting it on her personal demon.

        "We really do need to get to school, you know. I can't have you be late on your first day! Now hurry up!" She grabbed onto his arm and once again began to drag him through her house, not listening to his pleas for her to stop so he could pull on his other pant leg.

        The bus ride was an experience best forgotten after the third stoplight that turned a polka-dotted pink. It was at about that same time that Yasuo truly began to suspect that his brother just might be in the area. This was, of course, a very bad thing. Yasuo's horrible luck and Ran's sheer chaos reacted unpredictably. Counselors were already on standby at the school to deal with the traumatized students.

        Katherine quickly pulled Yasuo free of the concerned psychologists and guided him up to their homeroom. She directed him to the empty seat behind her, sat down, and prepared to breathe a sigh of relief. However, the moment she let go of Yasuo all the other females in the room teleported to his side and he was immediately pelted with questions such as:

        "Who are you?"

        "Where are you from?"

        "Do you have a girlfriend?"

        "You're cute! Do you wanna have sex tonight?"

        "Mine!" yelled a small voice from outside the ring of females.

        Yasuo, in the mean time, was promptly turning a stunning shade of red. He raised up his hands, as if hoping my some miracle he could fend off the verbal onslaught. Or maybe it was to fend off the horde of looming boys who had materialized behind the girls. Most of these same young men shoved their way rudely through the women, though a few fell to well placed knees. And the barrage began again.

        "Who are you?"

        "Where are you from?"

        "Were you staring at my girlfriend?"

        "Do you wanna fight?"

        "Hey! You're cute! Want to have sex tonight?"

        "MINE!" the voice yelled again and a hand reached through to yank him from seat and to freedom, just as the bell rang. Their sensei walked in at that moment and ordered an immediate return of order. Order, being a rebellious sort and not particularly caring to be ordered around, decided to sleep in that moment and was happily running several minutes late.

Once everyone had at least returned to their seats Yasuo was required to stand up as Katherine introduced him and told his cover story. The girls all cooed at his sad plight and several vowed to make him forget all his sorrows. If Yasuo had known this he likely would have fainted from fear. The Universe was both kind and sadistic and decided to let him discover their various plans at a later date.

The lunch bell rang, and before Yasuo could blink the entire room was empty of students. Even Katherine had magically vanished from view. He slowly got out of seat and headed for the door, remembering all to clearly the rushed pandemonium that was the lunch hour at this place. He took one step out into the hallway and was promptly run over by a flailing horde of hungry students. The footprints didn't stand out too badly, he realized, thanks to the already gray color of his uniform. He grumbled silently at the color, at the school, and at Kat as he walked down the hall scanning the milling faces.

He blinked, but sure enough all he continued to see was faces, no bodies in sight. He looked up and growled at the opaque form of his half-brother. "Stop messing up my vision! I've got enough to worry about right now!" The faces edged away a bit and looked nervous. "Psh. You're no fun." "Stop making me float. People are staring." "You're really no fun."

Yasuo continued his walk down the hallway, trying to ignore Ran as he changed locker combinations just for fun. Kat was nowhere to be seen. No, instead she was quite clearly heard and the demon poked his head into an empty classroom just in time to see Katherine come barreling at him. The pair collided and crashed to the floor where Kat proceeded to latch onto his leg. "I was just about to go looking for you! Why didn't you follow me when the bell rang?" "I blinked," came the dry reply. "Sorry about that." She grinned happily and was eventually persuaded to let go of his leg. "I promise I'll hang back next time so you can follow me." With one hand firmly entangled in the fabric of his sleeve she led him to the cafeteria. Silence reigned again as Yasuo entered the giant room, at least, after he had soundly kicked a cough that kept trying to make itself heard. The chatter quickly erupted again and several young girls began converging on him, clearly determined about something that he was quite equally determined to not find out about. He followed Kat's insistent tug and picked up a tray when she loosed herself from his sleeve. By the time he'd gotten through the line there were more love letters than food on his tray. Hell, there were love letters in his food and one of the lunch ladies had asked him out by writing a message with the mustard on his burger.

Lunch was relatively uneventful after his fries had turned into a monument to Cthulu. He'd tried to remain inconspicuous when it had crawled off of his tray and began guzzling the ketchup. The students around him were still trying to teach it tricks and one girl had already claimed it as her pet. Yasuo was the only one could hear Ran chuckling in a corner and he shivered.

The only good thing to really happen was that all the little notes strange girls kept trying to give him started bursting into flames. Well, his burger bursting into flames hadn't been that good since the thing had pretty much exploded and he was now sporting bits of meat all over his clothes and hair. He spent the entire time he was cleaning himself up trying to figure out if Ran had caused it or whether it was a combination of their "talents" that had led to the rather spectacular mushroom cloud in miniature that had followed the window shattering explosion.

He lingered in the bathroom longer than necessary, dreading with all of his existence the remaining classes of the day.

History class was next. He shuddered and had a nasty feeling that the teacher wouldn't appreciate him banging his head against the desk in order to stay sane.

He was right. The teacher, one of those evil types who reveled in trying to destroy the souls of his pupils. As such, he stuck Yasuo right in the very front and far away from Katherine. He was also surrounded by a bunch of large, muscular, and very unhappy young men who proceeded to keep him awake by jabbing him with pencils whenever the teacher wasn't looking.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

Katherine hissed from her seat as she watched Yasuo jerk to attention again, her eyes narrowing in speculation. All she had with her that made a good weapon was the textbook but she was sure that it would do. The bell rang after a seeming eternity and within seconds she was clobbering the young men over the head and snarling like a rabid animal. It took only seconds more for them to all whimper apologies and flee the room.

She glanced around at the other students, who were all whispering and sending her frightened looks.

"Come on. Let's go home." She put her book into her bag and trudged away. Yasuo was assaulted with offers to walk him home, the girls literally throwing themselves at him in their attempts. Kat just continued to walk ahead, forcing the half-demon to plow over the girls in his attempt to keep up. When he finally reached her she smiled up at him.

"Sorry about going berserk like that. I protect what's mine." Yasuo raised an eyebrow at this claim and she chuckled. "Well, you are my guardian aren't you?" She poked him in his arm until he capitulated.

The walk home was completely normal and this made Yasuo worry. It could mean that Ran had gone back home, but it was more likely that he was happily making people at the school and the surrounding neighborhood completely miserable. Even Kat seemed to pick up on this fact, critically eyeing nearly everything around her.

"I think I'm not going to watch the news tonight. I just don't want to know." Yasuo nodded his agreement as they entered the house. He had enough to worry about. It was, after all, only Monday.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Ooooooh! Look! An update! Gasp! Shock! Horror! Muse: Shut up. I was on sabbatical.