Fan Fiction ❯ Gene Splice ❯ Goddamn Assholes ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Read disclaimer in first chapter.

Chapter 2: Goddamn Assholes

Lucia sat quietly at a desk all the way in the back of a classroom. She had gone back to school like usual after that strange little incident a week ago. The order she was given floated around in her head and even she could not dispell them entirely. The strange man named Arthur, who only communicated through a laptop in a deserted and dilapidated building, had ordered her to go back to her school like normal and wait for signs of activity. When Lucia had questioned him about what she was supposed to be looking for, her response was,

"Don't worry. You will definitely notice it. No need for me to tell you," said the laptop. The connection was abruptly cut off then, and she had left hesitantly. He had held her back after assuring the other five assassins payment for the jobs he had each assigned them. 'Special job, my ass...' Lucia thought for the fifth time that day. She had been hoping for a job that could get her far away from the penitentiary prison that disguised itself as a "school." She absolutely hated school, and she hated everyone in it. 'Damn asshole who assigned me this goddamn job...' she silently fumed. Even though she had a feeling that she could trust Arthur, she still found it hard to follow orders that she couldn't understand.

"Well, no sense in worrying about it now..." she murmured. Toying with the piece of paper that she was supposed to be jotting down notes on.

"Miss Nerald, could you please explain to me why I haven't seen your pencil move once after half an hour's worth of notes?" The vice principal/ math teacher, Mrs. Geraldine, demanded. She had walked up to Lucia's desk while patrolling her classroom.

"Gee, Mrs. Geraldine, I don't really know, maybe it's because you taught the same thing yesterday?" Lucia replied in a voice that emitted toxic fumes at the teacher. She smirked. Everyone in the school hated this teacher beyond words. Mrs. Geraldine was always making a huge deal out of nothing and Lucia always loved to get the detestable woman in trouble. The teacher gasped,

"Oh no you didn't! I did not just hear you say that!"

"On the contrary Mrs. Geraldine, you just did," replied Lucia, happy for something to get her mind off of the boring lecture. Everyone in the class either scoffed gently or rolled their eyes. They all knew Mrs. Geraldine was about to issue a referral for Lucia. She always did that to all the kids that weren't popular. The kids that she liked got special favors and such. Just thinking of this caused loud teeth grinding and clenched fists on Lucia's part. She absolutely despised this pathetic scumbag of a woman.

"Do not give me that attitude! I am the teacher and you are nothing but a kid. You don't talk to me like that!" Mrs. Geraldine yelled back, miffed that her reign of power was being disrupted by an unpopular brat.

"I'm not giving you an attitude," responded Lucia, glaring at the woman. Every ounce of self-restraint she had was being focused on not punching the annoying adult in the face.

"Did I just hear you raise your voice at me? I'm the adult here, and you are supposed to respect me! A kid should know their place!" Mrs. Geraldine screamed. She was always quick to get angry because she loved it when students got in trouble....well, not her special kids of course, just all the other kids.

"Is that so? Then I suggest you buy some hearing aids, Mrs. Geraldine, because, 1. I did NOT raise my voice at you, 2. YOU are the only person who is raising their voice around here, and 3. You can't COMMAND respect," replied Lucia, seething with hatred. 'I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you,' said her thoughts, repeating itself over and over again.

"You know something, I've been very patient with you, but you're just TRYING to cause trouble aren't you?" replied the vice principal. She wrote a pass to the principal's office and gave it to Lucia. "I'll escort you there myself," said Mrs. Geraldine, pushing the 13-year-old girl out the door.

As the two walked down the hall, Mrs. Geraldine muttered to herself silently, "That annoying little brat...how dare she...willful disruption..." Lucia, hearing all this, rolled her eyes. 'What a pathetic pile of shit. She won't admit to losing the argument so she covers it up by sending me to the principal's office. Like I care, this'll just give me more oppurtunities to embarrass her,' thought Lucia, grinning maliciously.

"What are you smiling about? When I'm done with you, you'll regret even meeting me," yelled Mrs. Geraldine, noticing the grin.

"Please, spare me the feigned threats, I regretted meeting you the moment I SAW you," replied Lucia, scoffing loudly.

"You...." responded Mrs. Geraldine, at a loss as to what she should say next. She kept trying, but nothing witty came out. Luckily for her, they had reached the principal's office.

As they walked in, Lucia immediately plopped herself down onto the cushioned chairs. The principal looked up from his papers, surprised.

"Why, hello Lucia, is there anything I can help you with?" he asked politely.

"Yes, actually, could you please tell Miss Geraldine that she needs to teach something other than the quadratic equation for five days in a row?" Lucia responded, playing the role of innocent eighth grader, complete with huge puppy eyes and clasped hands sitting neatly in her lap, while her voice dripped with feigned sincerity.

"Just look at her Mr. Amadio, playing innocent when she has just willfully defied, and insulted a teacher!" Mrs. Geraldine said immediately.

"Mrs. Geraldine, I hope you know that this is the seventh student that you have sent to my office TODAY. Now I know that you are an intelligent woman, so I hope you be alright with me having a word PRIVATELY with Lucia," Mr. Amadio replied. Mrs. Geraldine made a coughing noise, and left the room.

"Lucia, I won't ask what happened, but I must warn you, I don't want to see you in here again, all right?" Mr. Amadio said, chuckling gently, "I know how......impulsive...Mrs. Geraldine may be, but she really does have your best interests at heart......I hope," he added.

"Mr. Amadio, when you say she's intelligent, I must warn you that she is rather idiotic when it comes to handling children," Lucia responded, glaring at him. He had ruined her fun. She wanted that pile of shit in the room she she could humiliate her. Mr. Amadio's face hardened. He stood up and walked over ot the phone on the wall. Picking it up, he flipped several papers on his desk and began dialing in a number. Lucia hissed slightly. 'Accursed principal, I'll make you pay...' Lucia thought. She sat and listened to the conversation.

"Hello, this is Mr. Amadio from Sienna MIddle School, is this Lucia Nerald's parents?.........Yes....that's right, how did you know?......All the time?.........No, no, ma'am, this case is different, she has insulted a teacher and disrupted class.......yes, she's here right now...........I'm not sure, let me ask her," said Mr. Amadio as he put the phone on hold, "That was your par---"

"Yes, yes, I can hear you know. Stop stating the utterly obvious Mr. Amadio, unless you plan on boring me to death," Lucia cut him off, dropping all pretenses of innocence.

"You know Lucia, I was planning on letting you off with just a warning, but now I'm thinking of giving you a suspension, and if you continue this inappropriate behaviour, I will have no choice but to call the police and let them handle it," he said, wagging a finger. Lucia growled menacingly at him, baring her abnormally sharp teeth. He hurriedly withdrew his finger and glared at her.

"I see, so you insist on this absurd and foolish behaviour," he responded, picking up the phone and dialing three numbers; 9 - 1 - 1. He told the police pretty much the same thing, then asking her parents to come in, and placed the phone back. "Well, Lucia, I have just notified the police about your behaviour and one of them is headed here as we speak. Your parents will also be here soon."

"Heh, police huh? Alright, let's see what they can do. It really doesn't matter what class or title you have, you're still people like everyone else. If you can't do anything, I doubt the police would fare any better," Lucia replied.

Soon, her parents, one policeman, and the principal were gathered in the room with her. Her parents had said that they would not help her and that they will just wait to see her punishment. Lucia had shrugged at this, she couldn't care less about what they decided. Now, to deal with that annoying policeman......Mrs. Geraldine came in abruptly and seated herself next to the policeman and began telling him something. He gasped and nodded, then turned to glare at Lucia. She rolled her eyes and stared back, unblinking. He eventually lost the staring match and looked away towards her parents.

"You realize that your daughter will be suspended for this..." he said. This particular policeman was an extremely obese Mexican who looked about as stupid as he was fat.

"Suspended? Really? For how long?" Lucia asked, interrupting him. She was unable to hide the joy in her voice. Finally, she would get a break from the godforsaken school. Everyone looked at her suspiciously. Lucia changed her expression to that of a worried girl and this seemed to alleviate some of the stares directed at her.

"You will be suspended for a week for willful defiance and disruption to your teacher/ vice principal, and the principal," the policaman said, "Now, I want to talk to you about this. Do you realize why I'm here?"

"Hmm......your commanding officer decided that it's time for you to get some exercise for once?" Lucia responded staring pointedly at his protruding stomach which was causing the buttons on his shirt to strain. She snickered as the policeman turned beet red and even her foster parents couldn't suppress smiles.

"Look you, I'm a police officer who---" he was cut off again.

"Needs to get a bigger uniform!" Lucia interrupted, "That shirt is gonna burst one day and I sure hope it doesn't happen when you're in public! I feel that no one needs to see your huge amounts of fat flop over your pants and bounce up and down before settling."

"You know something, that's it. You deserve whatever punishment you got!" the policeman shouted.

"Thank you! Took you long enough to get the hint!" Lucia responded gleefully, she loved tormenting jackasses. At this the policeman left the room in a huff. Several minutes later, another officer came in. She was an extremely tall and willowy person who had steely gray eyes and auburn hair tied up in a ponytail.

"I heard from the other officer that you have been extremely rude to him, so perhaps if I, a fellow female, speak to you, we'll actually get somewhere," the woman said immediately, giving an air of indifference to Lucia.

"Why not? Now, where do we want to get?" replied Lucia. For some reason, she didn't hate this woman, but on the other hand, she didn't like her either. The woman smiled kindly when she was accepted by the 13-year-old girl. Just by looking at the female teacher sitting next to her caused a slight frown to form on her face. This teacher looked like a spoiled brat.

"Okay then, my name is Officer Lilith and you must be Lucia. Well, let's talk about the problem at hand here. You seem like a smart girl Lucia, why don't you tell me what you think the problem is?" the officer said kindly. The 13-year-old girl sitting in front of her reminded her of herself when she was 13.

"The problem......well, perhaps it's the fact that Mrs. Geraldine likes to make mountains out of molehills?" Lucia responded, smiling at the officer.

"How dare you? You insolent little......Officer Lilith, did you hear that? She has just insulted me with no remorse!" Mrs. Geraldine shouted, pointing an accusing finger at Lucia.

"Mrs. Geraldine, please, I'm trying to get to the source of the problem here, if you would please refrain from further interruptions, perhaps I'll actually get somewhere. Now, please stop pointing and calm down, otherwise, I'll have to ask you to leave the room," Officer Lilith said calmly, directing most of her authoritiveness at the weasel-faced woman. Needless to say, Mrs. Geraldine sat down grudgingly and glared. "Now Lucia, I see you have a......oh, let's be frank here, you just plain HATE Mrs. Geraldine don't you?" Officer Lilith asked, laughing gently.

"That's right Officer Lilith, Mrs. Geraldine is an unfair, spoiled, power-hungry egomaniac who plays favorites with her students and makes huge deals out of nothing," Lucia said happily, finally, someone who understands her. Mrs. Geraldine stiffened when she heard this and bit her bottom lip, trying not to scream out.

"Lucia, in light of current news, I'll pardon this one offense seeing as Mrs. Geraldine here is rather......how shall I put this.........befitting...of that description. Now, can you tell me why you acted the same way with the principal?" Officer Lilith said, looking grim now.

"Well, you see Officer, when I pointed out to Mr. Amadio about Mrs. Geraldine's stupidity when it comes to handling kids, he called my parents immediately," Lucia responded. 'So that's it? I'm off the hook just like that? Wow, I think this lady's not half bad when it comes to kids...' Lucia thought in amazement.

"Lucia, that may not have been the best thing to do......however, seeing as this is your FIRST..." she turned to Mrs. Geraldine when she said this, "--time being in here, I think a warning will be QUITE sufficent, wouldn't you agree Mrs. Geraldine? After all, calling in the police for a trifling thing such as this is rather......overextravagant if I do say so myself. Now, I must be off, and you should be getting back to your class no doubt," Officer Lilith said as she stood up and walked out. Mrs. Geraldine had turned tomato-red and was on the verge of screaming something at the officer. Lucia stood up and walked out as well, leaving her parents and the two adults in the room alone. She ran and caught up with Officer Lilith.

"Thanks, Officer Lilith! I can't believe you told Mrs. Geraldine off like that!" Lucia exclaimed. She was liking this woman more and more by the minute.

"No problem, Lucia. Personally, I think she deserved it! But don't tell anyone I said that. Lucia, try not to get into trouble anymore. I might not be the one coming next time," she said, ruffling Lucia's hair gently.

"Okay Officer. Thanks," Lucia called as she ran to class using the inside way rather than outside. Officer Lilith smiled back at her and stepped outside, motioning for the other officer to come.

As Officer Lilith walked outside, followed by the other officer, she noticed a figure clad in a full, black suit walking across the roof of a house across from the school. The figure seemed to be carrying something in their hands. Something that looked suspiciously like a.........Officer Lilith's eyes widened as the figure turned directly to her. They couldn't have seen her....could they? Inside the principal's office, Mrs. Geraldine was still arguing with Mr. Amadio about the punishment when a scream, a loud bang, and a splattering noise was heard outside the office door. Everyone rushed to the door. The fat officer was on the ground, writhing in pain. On closer inspection, his stomach had been shot and the blood had been absorbed by his dark uniform. He was in shock and blood was starting to flow more as the violent spasms opened the wound. The female officer had been shot in the head. The wall behind her was splattered with dark, red blood mixed with bits of brain that was slowly sliding down the wall. Officer Lilith's head had been blown half off. Only half of her face remained and the sinews and veins covered with dripping blood winked in a horribly life-like fashion. Some of the veins still spurted blood and was writhing around. Part of her brain was oozing out from the side that still remained and her other eye had dropped down into her mouth after the blowout fracture broke the bones beneath her eye that supported the eyeball. Blood streamed from the bloody hole left vacant by the late eyeball that was currently lolling about in Officer Lilith's mouth. Mrs. Geraldine screamed and ran inside, mr. Amadio collapsed in a dead faint and Lucia's foster parents froze in fear, the blood quickly draining from their faces. Half a minute later, the Code Red alarm had sounded. All the students frantically ran to the closest classrooms and stayed there shivering in fear as the teacher turned off all the lights and barricaded the door with all possible materials. The message was sent to the other schools as well and soon, all the schools in the entire Charlemonte District had undergone a lockdown.

Lucia had been halfway to class when her over-sensitive ears caught the sound of gunfire. She had rushed back to the office entrance and immediately smelled a lot of blood. She stepped outside the moment the lockdown initiated and was locked outside with no one noticing she had gone. She kicked the spasming form of the fat officer and spat on him. Then her eyes fell on Officer Lilith. She observed everything about the damage. Walking over to Officer Lilith's corpse, she pushed it aside. 'Hmm......no doubt a bullet designed to have a high-kinetic impact........no normal bullet demolishes half a head. It should be here among the corpse........but with all the brain shit, it's gonna be hard to find it........and it's not like the killer will give me time to look for it either......" Lucia thought as she grabbed the big pieces of brain, inspected it, and threw it aside. Pretty soon, all that was left was a pool of blood with small bits of brain floating around in it. Sighing loudly and swearing, Lucia bent down lower and began sweeping the blood around with her hand and forearm, hoping the bullet would turn up. If she could find the bullet, she would know what kind of gun fired it, and having this knowledge will enable her to easily track down the killer. 'Damn it Arthur, if this is supposed to be a "sign," then I sure as hell don't want to see the real thing....' Lucia thought, now covered in huge splatters of blood. Suddenly, she heard a whistling sound, like that of something cutting through the air extremely fast. Her extremely enhaced reflexes pushed her out of the way just as a bullet whizzed past the spot where she was and hit the bulletproof doors of the office. Lucia sighed, thank God for gene splicing, if she hadn't been a DNA-enhanced experiment, she would have died.

"Goddamn assholes, you wanna play bitchy? I can do that....." she said, grinning as she pulled out a small black sphere......


To be continued...

Hope you liked this chapter, I realize that it might be boring, but please bear with me. Review with total honesty, thanks. If you are religious and find the swearing in this chapter offensive, please do not rate me badly for it, just tell me so. I can't guarantee that I'll do anything, but I will read your comments. Thank you.