Fan Fiction ❯ Guardian Angel ❯ II ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Guardian Angel ch 2 - Day in and Day out
 
 
The weeks went by and Tyreal saw less and less of Kaci, until finally, she just stopped coming. Part of him was glad for her, but the other was angry and jealous. How could she just forget him after all the times he's been there for here? He would never leave her, never hurt her… But then again, she couldn't be best friends with a statue for the rest of her life. He had never let the fact that he was stuck on that pedestal get to him before but now. He wished he could be like he was before and to go to Kaci instead of her coming to her. Tyreal let out a sigh, thoughts of Kaci weighting heavily on him. The creepers and vines that covered him seeming as heavy as lead.
 
 
Kaci's alarm sounded loudly in her ears. “Grrr… Monday already? Jeez don't they know teenagers need more sleep?” thought Kaci angrily as she fumbled for the off switch.
 
 
It was the second week of freshmen year and Kaci was very thrilled at the change from middle to high school. She had already meet a lot of new people from other grades, and was having a lot of fun as well. The classes where harder, but they only ran for half the year which was wonderful to Kaci. “Thank you Jesus, only algebra for half the year instead of all year round, someone loves me.” thought Kaci as she ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. He older brother Mike, a senior this year, was lying on the couch watching the local news draining the milk for his cereal bowl in loud slurping noises. Her father was sitting at the table eating a large bowl of cereal and glancing at his watch. No matter what he did he was always late. Her younger brother, Drew, was actually sitting at the kitchen table with her father like a civilized person. Kaci opened the fridge and got out a bagel and popped it into the toaster.
 
 
Kaci leaned up against the counter and teased him, “Wow baby brother you trained yourself to sit, I'm amazed!” She could hear muffled chuckles from Mike in the living room.
 
 
Drew stopped eating his cereal to give the look. The look that says `hopefully I'm adopted and not related to you.' Her father just sighed and looked up from his watch to address Kaci, “Kaci lay off your brother please. OH shoot, late again! See you three at five. Bye.” And thus it went every morning, with the exception of Drew eating at the table, that was just plain rare.
 
 
7:15 rolled around and the three of us where finally off to school. Band, Algebra, Science and Art Survey all came and went and they day finally ended. This was truly the best time in Kaci life. She had friends in every class, no being left out, no huddling in the Corner. Kaci had never truly forgotten the pain that was dealt to her, how could she? She felt for the outsiders, and knew that one day they would be happy, but today was not the day.
 
 
Finally the last bell rang. Kaci would have liked to take her time after school to make sure she had everything, but because of her older brother, who liked to get in and get out as quickly as possible, she had to make a rush for the door and the car. Of course her baby brother was already there, and had taken shotgun, do to the fact that the middle school got out 15 minutes early than the high school did. Kaci let out a sigh and open the back passenger door. She stuck out her tongue at the sight before her, a backseat garbage dump. Drew turned around in his seat with the smuggest smile known to man. “Have fun with that, big sis.” Kaci rolled her eyes and began moving all the junk to on side of the car.
 
 
And thus is went every school day, routine, routine, routine.