Fan Fiction ❯ Halfling ❯ Pro- ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
 
I remember the old stories my father used to tell me of demons and angels. He used to tell me how the demons and angels of earth were here to prove their worthiness of Heaven or Hell, like the ones before them did.
“But father, why would anyone want to be worthy of Hell?” I asked.
“Well, Kira…” he then smiled upon me, “it's simple really, there are people who look up on Satan as a God…therefore wanting to be with him. And also, those who were not accepted into Heaven would rather be in Hell than on earth.”
I never understood what he was saying so I would quickly change the subject. “Tell me of the Halfling.”
“Ah, the Halfling…” he looked up in a small daze as the story filled his head.
I loved to hear of the Halfling. The one who was both demon and angel. My father told me that he had features of both the demonic and the angelic. For example; the Halfling had black feathered wings. Not white and feathered like angels but not black and skinned like demons. The Halfling had hazel eyes when normal but when angry or sad they were crimson red.
Like angels, he cried when sad but like demons he cried tears of blood. His nails were claws and he had fangs like demons but he had pale skin of angels, not black or blue.
His hair was short like angels but was colored black like most demons.
He was truly a Halfling.
My father enjoyed telling me of the Half-breed, for he said that my eyes were always bright when he spoke of him. And bright they were.
I was amazed by the by this demonic-angel, but when my father spoke of his fate it always saddened me.
What was the Halflings fate?
As I said before, demons and angels of earth wanted nothing else but worthiness. The Halfling was no different, foe he wanted this as well.
“Father why did Heaven reject him?” I asked.
“They took him…” My father started, “But they cast him out.”
“Why?”
“For he was too coldhearted and evil for Heaven.” Was the reply.
“But what about Hell? Why didn't they take him?”
“he was still an angel. Just a fallen one. But they tried to turn him into a demon and when they attempted it, he was too pure of heart from being an angel. So the angel in him collided with the demon…”
“And?”
“They cast him back to earth. Where he couldn't be with either Heaven or Hell.”
I paused and sniffled as my eyes filled with tears. “Heaven can't have a demon and Hell can't have an angel.” I whispered.
“Exactly.”
Each night after my father and mother went to bed, I prayed. I prayed to bo0th God and Satan saying, “Please take him in to your land. He deserves it.”
Then I would sleep a deep sleep and dream of what it would be like to meet the Halfling.