Fan Fiction ❯ Halfling ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter two-
 
I put my bike against the side of my house and ran over to the front door. On the ride home it had started to pour out rain and flood the streets so I had to bike extra hard to get home.
I opened up the screen door and when I went to grab my key from my backpack, I saw that the door was cracked open.
“Thought I had closed and locked that.” I whispered to myself as I let myself in. “Guess mother left it open.”
It was completely dark so I reached over to the light switch next to the front door and flicked it up.
Nothing.
I flicked the one next to it.
Nothing.
“The hell?” I flicked the first one up and down a couple times and then grunted. “Fine then.”
“Mom, ya here?” I called out, feeling my way through the darkness.
No answer.
“Mom?”
No answer yet again.
I rolled my eyes and then thought, Still out.
“Oh well.” I sighed and felt around for the lighter which was always on the counter, after I reached the kitchen. Once I found it, I shuffled over back to the living room and found my gas lamp under the table after a couple stubs of my toes.
“Okay.” I whispered and flicked the lighter on, wincing at the sudden brightness, and then lowered the flam down into the candle's wick.
Gradually it lit and I let go of the lighters button, making the fire evaporate while the candle kept lit.
I turned around and set the candle in the coffee table. The room was a little bit brighter with the dim soft glow of the fire.
“There we go.” I smiled and then yawned. “I think I will go and change.”
I then stopped. “Wait…why am I talking to myself?”
I shrugged and took a step towards my room down the hall where the light barely hit. When I reached my door I noticed it was closed. “Hmm…”
I placed my hand on the knob and gently turned it until I heard the click of the door and felt the door loosen its pull against me.
I was about to push it open when I felt a sudden chill go down my spine of adrenaline. I lowered my eyebrows in confusion but shook it off and proceeded to open the door.
The door creaked like it always did and I unknowingly tried to flip on the light.
No use.
“God damn light!” I snorted as I walked back to the living room and grabbed the candle, carrying it back to my room.
As I neared the doorway, another chill shook up down my spine.
“Why am I getting the shivers?” I said trying to reassure myself. “Nothing is in my room.”
And oh how I was so wrong. For when I walked into my room, there on my bed in the dim light was a man.
“Ho, shit!” I screamed and dropped the candle. It went out instantly.
Darkness, me and the man were all in my room.