Fan Fiction ❯ Healing Angel ❯ The divine touch ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In the time when Raziel was a Lieutenant of Kain's empire was when he met this child…

Raziel was ambushed by a Sluagh. He was wounded in his back before he could kill the hell demon. Why has he been so careless? He sat on the now rotting demon and waited for his wound to heal. Being a vampire enables him to heal quickly but this wound would take a good hour.

"Bloody hell," he mumbled under his breath. His eyes were closed as he listened for any sound of a human, demon, or vampire. He was rewarded when something smaller than him fell to the ground with a soft thump. It rustled about and then was still.

A chuckle escaped Raziel's mouth as his eyes opened. They set on a figure of a small human child.

"Pathetic aren't you?" he asked with some amusement. The child nodded. Since the child was hooded, Raziel couldn't tell if it was male or female.

The hell with it. Let's have some fun before I feast. He thought as he slowly stood up.

"Child, reveal yourself from that cloak," Raziel demanded in a calm tone. It obeyed. The child lowered its hood and the cloak fell to the ground.

A female human stood before him. She was no taller than up to his hip. Olive skinned and had white hair with blood stained tips that touched her elbows. He could not see her face.

"Properly stand wench. I wish a better look at your face,"

She obeyed again by raising her head. Hair shifted from her face to reveal a rare eye color. Her left eye was Blue topaz while her right was Emerald green. Those eyes were looking away from him. She wanted to look at him.

"You may look child," Raziel said. Her eyes darted all over him. Pale skin, raven black hair, and beautiful golden eyes. He wore a uniform fit for a Lieutenant of his kind. She slowly nodded her head in greetings.

"Do you have a name or shall I make one for you?" Raziel responded as his greetings. She shook her head.

He looked at her.

"Do you know how to speak?"

She shook her head slowly. Her eyes crept to Raziel's wound. It still bled but was healing. She pointed at the wound and made a whimpering noise.

"Its not your concern," Raziel said casually but sharp. The girl then pointed to her eyes and then back to the wound. She wanted a better look at it.

"If you desire. Be quick about it," Raziel said lazily as he sat on a near by rock. The girl ran behind him and examined the wound.

It was healing, but very slow. She looked up at his shoulder to see if he was looking. He wasn't.

Quickly, she closed her emerald eye, licked the tip of her index finger and touched the deepest part of the wound. A quick flash of her topaz eye and the wound was instantly healed. Leaving no scar.

Raziel only felt a small pinch but it made him jump a bit. He watched from the corner of his eye as the little girl ran in front of him and smiled.

"What have you done?" Raziel asked in suspicion. The girl hitched a thumb over her back and tried to point at her back. She began to rock on her feet. She seemed happy with her work.

Raziel stood and looked over his shoulder. The wound was gone.

"Why? How?" he whispered. Then he looked to the child.

She may be more use to me more than just a snack.

His eyes narrowed and the child stopped her little play.

"Get your cloak and follow," he said as he turned slowly on his heal. The girl ran for her cloak and followed Raziel. She was wise to keep her distance though.