Fan Fiction ❯ Healing Angel ❯ Divine friend indeed... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's been a month since Raziel met the healing child. She was appointed his servant and personal healer. She was given food, clothing, shelter, protection, and even a name.

"Althea," Raziel called from his quarters. Althea was her new name.

Althea came running in the room with an arm full of clothing. She bowed when his eyes set on her.

"Tend to your duties later," he simply said. She set her pile down on a near chair. She then looked at him with a perplexed look on her face.

"You shall meet Lord Kain and my brethren," Raziel added as he stood up. Althea nodded her head. She left the room and returned with Raziel's cowl that will hand over his right arm. He took it and fixed it on.

"Come now," he said as he left the room. Althea followed.

Althea knew very little about neither Kain nor Raziel's brethren. She has seen some of the brethren but never laid eyes on Kain. Raziel said he would instruct her more when she was to meet him in person.

After some labyrinths of corridors, Raziel came to a stop at two colossal doors. He put a clawed hand on her shoulder and whispered not to disobey Kain's commandments. She nodded.

Raziel opened the door and led Althea inside. The room was colossal as to its doors. Five of Raziel's brethren stood in somewhat of a circle. In the middle was a throne and behind that stood nine pillars.

Raziel got to a knee and bowed. He put pressure on Althea's shoulder to do the same. She did. They both stood.

Althea looked at the owner of the throne, and felt the blood drain from her face. Kain sat as he spinned his sword on the tip lazily. He slowly sat up and eyed Althea with little interest.

"Raziel. What is this you have brought me?" Kain asked in a very low but rich voice. Raziel removed his clawed hand from her shoulder.

"This is the healer child I have told you about Lord," Raziel said coolly. Kain suddenly took interest as he slowly stood. He gestured Althea to come closer.

Althea felt a nudge at her back from Raziel. She took a couple of steps closer to Kain.

Kain examined her.

"Ah yes, I've seen your sort. Very extraordinary indeed," Kain said. Althea felt the need to run and hide behind Raziel's leg (which would indeed hid her) but stood her ground. Kain gazed into her eyes.

"The power lies inside each eye. One is stronger than the other. Topaz controls the foremost wounds while as the Emerald handles the insignificant wounds," he hissed coolly.

"Have I misspoken?" Kain asked her with some amusement. Althea shook her head slowly. Kain returned to his throne. He waved his hand lazily and one of the brethren approached Althea. He took her arm and clamped a golden arm band on her arm. The band bore writings that Althea did not recognize but was in aw at the beautiful Ruby jewel in it.

"That band is a warning to all clans not to assassinate the child. I will be in need of her soon enough Raziel," Kain said loudly to all the brethren to hear. All bowed to him.

Kain gestured them to leave. Raziel approached and lead Althea out.

Once out side of the chamber, Raziel herd an exhale of relief. He looked down to Althea with a slight grin on his face.

"Frightened were you little Althea?" he said with a small chortle. She nodded.

Months after the encounter with Kain, Althea began to speak little words. Raziel also allowed small periods of time for her to `play'. Though he was annoyed at it.

"Razel!" Althea squeaked. She had a hard time in pronouncing his name. Raziel looked down from gazing around the empire he patrolled. Althea pointed to someone walking with a spear.

"Pay no mind to him," Raziel said before lifting his gaze. She sighed and found interest in a lizard that crawled on the ground behind Raziel. She chased after it.

Althea chased it until she ran head on into someone's leg. She rubbed her head and quickly got up.

"Sory!" she said as she bowed her head and backed a few away. She heard a small chortle and looked up. Kain stood before her. She fell backwards onto her rear from looking up so high.

"Speaking are we?" he asked. Althea nodded. Kain had a fierce look on his face.

"Return to Raziel's side at once," he spat. Althea jumped. She got up and literally ran back to Raziel.

She found Raziel and hid behind him. He seemed not to mind.

"Nine years of age and still you hide from those who appose you little Althea?" Raziel spoke softly. Althea didn't answer.

"No matter. Well shall work on that fear," he said into the breeze. Althea couldn't believe her ears. Raziel, a blood lusted vampire and one of Kain's six `sons' is trying to comfort her? She paused.

"Razel?"

"Yes,"

"Thea tired," she told him with a shaky voice, unsure of the question she asked. Raziel released her hand.

"Very well. Go back and rest," Raziel demanded casually. Althea quickly left his side and back to his quarters.