Fan Fiction ❯ Healing Angel ❯ Burning Hell ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After spending a total of seven months with Raziel, Althea has become fiercely loyal to him. She even pronounced his name correctly.

Althea was tending to cleaning when she heard a sound like a gasp of pain from Raziel. She quickly got up and ran to his quarters.

"Raziel?" Althea said in panic. What she saw made her cover her mouth to baffle a scream. Raziel was crouching down on his knees. His breathing was ragged and fast. On his back were pair of newly fledged bat-like wings.

"Raziel?!" Althea screamed as she ran and knelt down to help him. His eyes set on her. They were full of revulsion.

One of Raziel's wings came down on her and pulled her closer.

"Careful Raziel!" she hissed as she looked at his back. His wings were very viscous and needed tending at once. She tried to stand but a wind held her down with him.

"Stay...," Raziel whispered. Althea understood in a way. He wanted to be comforted… something has gone terribly wrong with his body.

"It okay Raziel," Althea said quietly as she put a hand on his clawed one. He looked up at her, startled.

Is she really going to stay with me?

Raziel's wing lifted enough for her to leave and get a cloth to dry his wings. She came back and told him to sit up. She patted at the wings as gentle as she could.

"Althea,"

"Hmm?"

"Why do you help me so kindly?"

Althea blew gently at his wing, which flinched a bit.

"Raziel is a friend," she said simply.

"A friend? Is that what you think of me?"

"Uh hu,"

Raziel sighed quietly. The subject ceased.

No more than three hours later, Raziel was suited in Lieutenant uniform and left to see Kain, Althea following close behind. Outside the doors, Raziel turned to Althea.

"Stay here," he said and opened the doors, his wings tucked behind him.

Althea waited a few moments before peeking into the room. She saw Kain move toward Raziel (whose wings were unfolded) in a slow manner. Raziel rose to his feet as Kain moved behind him, touching his wings very delicately.

In the blink of an eye, Kain tore the young wings right off Raziel's back. He screamed in pain and fell to the ground. Althea covered her mouth and a tear rolled down her cheek.

She ran down the corridors to the Abyss, were Kain said to throw Raziel's body in. Reaching it, she was too late. Raziel's body fell in and all she heard was his screams of pure pain.

"RAZIEL?!" she screamed. Her voice echoed around the mass falls. Kain spotted her from a peak. Althea couldn't move. Her fear kept her in place. Kain came to her and took her away…