Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of a Thief ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Shiro: I'm not sure how much I'll be working on this story. I tend to work on my fanfictions more than I do this one. This is a trial chapter to see if people like the story.

Keitaro: I like it, does that count, Shiro?

Shiro: (sighs) Kei-kun, you're my muse. You help me write it so of course you like it.

Keitaro: (disappointed) Oh, so it doesn't count?

Shiro: (sighs and hugs Keitaro) It counts to me, goof.

Keitaro: ^-^

------------------------------------------

Heart of a Thief

Prologue
A tri-color haired girl curses as he runs her toe into something. “This is stupid!” She hisses, standing still for a moment, trying to get her sky blue eyes to adjust to the darkness. When her eyes finally do adjust, she goes back to moving around, putting everything into a small dark clothed bag. With a smile, she ties it shut and slings it over her back. Looking around the room, the 13-year-old seems to remember something, as she smacks her forehead with the palm of her hand and crosses the room to a small 1-drawered table. Quietly opening the drawer, she carefully withdrawals a silver ornate hair comb and a pure red glass rose and sets the objects on the table.

With a soft sigh, the girl pulls two black gloves from the folds of her long navy dress and pulls them on. Then she quickly ties back her ebony black, red and brown highlighted hair with a black piece of fabric. After looking in her mirror to make sure not much of her pale skin is showing, she turns and leaves her room, quietly sneaking down the hall.

A sad look crosses her face as she pauses outside another bedroom door, then it’s quickly replaced with a look of determination. Quickly and quietly, she opens the door and slips in. Inside is a young boy with messy black, red, and brown hair who is fast asleep. The girl steps lightly over to the bed and slips a piece of paper out from the hidden pocket in her dress. After setting the paper on the boys bedside table, she leans over and kisses the boy on his forehead. “Goodbye, little brother.” She murmurs, before fleeing from the room.

Sticking to the shadowed area’s, the girl makes her way outside without any intrusion. Still, she stays in the shadows as she creeps over to the high marble wall. Glancing around her to make sure no one is around to see her, she tosses the back up on top the wall and then climbs up it herself. Without so much as a glance behind her, the girl carefully slips off the wall with her bag and runs off into the night.

Back up in her brothers room, the young boy whimpers in his sleep and murmurs one word. “Tama…”

---------------------------------------- --

Shiro: Well, there's the prologue. If you're reading this, please tell me what you think. The chapters won't be this short, if you're wondering.

Bast: Hikari! Kyle and Keitaro spilled grape juice in the living room again!

Shiro: -.-; Greeeaaat... (flies off to the living room)