Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of the Warrior ❯ all of me ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6

All of Me

Diane woke to fingers entangled in her hair, ones encased in black leather. The radio was still playing. ..she was guessing Sephiroth had neglected to turn it off before dozing off with his fingers twined in her hair. She closed her eyes as she recognized the song playing.

~I'm so tired of being here suppressed by all of these childish fears. If you have to leave, I wish that you would just leave. Your presence still lingers here, and it won't leave me alone.~

How frightened she had been when she arrived. A whole new world was around her that she didn't understand. But when she had seen him, despite knowing who he was and what he'd done, she'd had to smile. He was familiar to her in a way few could comprehend. And his presence still stuck with her, even though she knew he'd soon be gone. It would forever linger.

~These wounds won't seem to heal. this pain is just too real, there's just too much that time cannot erase. When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears, when you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears. I held your hand through all of these years yet you still have. ..all of me.~

BUT I SHOULDN'T FEEL THIS WAY. ..MIKE LOVES ME. ..MY KIDS NEED ME, Diane sighed as that thought rang through her mind. BUT I CAN'T HELP BUT WANT TO HOLD HIM WITH ME FOREVER. . .HE DESERVES TO BE LOVED AFTER ALL THE CRAP LIFE HAS THROWN AT HIM.

~You used to captivate me with your resonating life. . .~

She thought again of how bright his smile had been more than once, that smile he turned on those who he considered friends. It was beautiful, taking up his whole face, making his green eyes dance, so full of life.

~But now I'm bounded by the life you left behind. Your face it haunts, my most pleasant dreams. Your voice it chased away, all the sanity in me.~

Then his face as he walked through the flame pops into her mind. . .it wasn't something she'd experienced personally, yet she still knew how horrible it was. ..his face, drawn into a smirk, yet behind that smirk was an anguish so few could understand. She understood, for she had been in a place equally as dark at one point in her life.

A groan echoed beneath her head, one which indicated he was waking up. "Di. ..you still here?"

"Yeah. .. do you mind if I stay here just a little bit longer?" She snuggled down into the wide chest.

He shook his head, lips curving up into a softer version of the smile she knew so well now. "Not a bit."