Fan Fiction ❯ Homecoming ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Teen Titans, etc, etc, it all belongs to the many geniuses at DC, etc. You know the deal.
 
Pre-read by Kr@bk@akes
 
Thanks to those that have reviewed so far, I appreciate it.
Rurouni Tyriel: Thanks for the nice review. Glad you like. The Titans maybe have accepted Terra back but they don't really trust her yet. You'll see how it plays out.
Well, Read and Review, and most importantly, enjoy!
 
 
Homecoming
 
Chapter Three
 
In the darkness of her room Raven floated, her legs crossed in her usual style, calm and at peace with herself. Meditating wasn't something she did just to control her emotions. Raven loved Meditating. It relaxed her. Allowed her to think more clearly and see things in a different light.
 
Raven's room was full of gothic looking items, many of them being handed down to her by Azar, and because of this Raven treasured them. Her bed was pushed up against the left hand side of the room, out of view of the door. Bookshelves covered most of the walls, with books cluttering their shelves in a manner that looked almost haphazard. An occasional gothic item was spaced between the large collections of books.
 
Raven normally allowed her empathic abilities to search out the others, but not now, not tonight. She didn't want to feel her. Terra. Seeing and feeling Terra brought back memories she did not wish to remember, feelings she did not wish to feel, and could not allow herself to feel. She knew Dick would allow her to stay. She could tell. She always knew what he was thinking. She also knew that he would no doubt talk to her about it sooner or later, knowing she would not be happy with his decision. When that happened she didn't know what she would say.
 
Well, maybe she did, but she didn't know if she should say it. If asked honestly if she had a problem with Terra, Raven would say yes. If asked if she trusted Terra, Raven would say no. And if asked if she would allow Terra to become a Teen Titan once again, Raven would say no. Raven did not want to see Terra. She did not want to feel Terra. She would not allow Terra to be a Titan. Terra didn't deserve to be a Titan. Even just for being a copy of Terra.
 
Instead Raven allowed her mind to calm and relax itself with mediation. She wanted to think about something good. Not something bad. Not Terra. She relaxed. Banishing all thoughts that made her heart clench almost painfully, thoughts and feelings that made things blow up. She couldn't think about them. She had to, and wanted to, think about good things. Happy things. Those she could think about. Those she could feel.
 
Two years ago Trigon revived Slade for the sole purpose of fulfilling a prophecy that stated Raven would destroy the world. That Raven would bring hell itself to Earth. Slade, under Trigon's influence, marked her for the ritual on her birthday by activating a dormant Trigon Seed inside her. This Trigon Seed had always been apart of her, something she was born with, passed on when the demon raped her mother and impregnated her. Then Raven started to feel it happen.
 
Raven felt her control loosening, falling apart and no longer working. Her emotions went crazy, and Trigon seized control. Trigon (in Raven's body) and Slade performed the ritual and opened the portal to hell. Trigon's minions arrived first. That's when the Titans arrived. The following battle left them all but defeated. Then that was when He arrived. Trigon.
 
Trigon released her from his control so that she could watch as one by one he murdered her friends. Fortunately that didn't happen. That's when the Justice League arrived. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and The Flash. When all was thought lost for Trigon he put his backup plan into action. With the portal failing and his only link to Earth - Raven - kneeling in pain at his feet he attempted to implant her with another Trigon Seed: something that would allow him to continue his work through Raven. This Trigon Seed was unlike the one currently residing inside Raven. Whereas the first Trigon Seed only allowed him to influence her through her emotions, particularly Rage, this one would give him full control without her being able to do anything about it. Before that happened though a green T-Rex came out of nowhere and sent him flying backwards. Garfield took the enraged demon by surprise and with a quick swish of his tail was able to hurl Trigon through the portal and back into Hell.
 
After learning of the Trigon Seed inside of her and of it being the reason she couldn't feel strong emotions without resulting in her father gaining control over her Raven decide to dedicate herself to somehow getting rid of it. She didn't have to look far. In a daring manoeuvre Garfield was able to enter her body (much to her disgust, but gratitude) and destroy the Seed inside of her. Raven found that she could now feel emotions, to a certain extent, without consequence. Well, almost all of her emotions anyway. It would seem that Rage is something directly related to Trigon inside her, and that that particular emotion has an attachment to Trigon that goes beyond the Trigon Seed.
 
However, even with that small hiccup wasn't enough to sour her mood when she finally felt the happiness of friendship and camaraderie flowing of the Titans, all directing towards her. She could finally feel. At that time Raven was truly happy for the first time in her life. Then came the confusion.
 
She understood most of the emotions she felt. To Kory she felt a strong bond of friendship. To Garfield she felt a friendship based more on annoying each other, kind of like a brotherly feeling. It was the same for Victor, although the relationship was more of respect. The confusion, however, was directed towards Dick. She couldn't figure out how she felt about Dick.
 
Raven had begun to suspect she loved him. She was attracted to him, what girl wouldn't be? She respected him, understood him. How he felt, how he thought. She defiantly understood him more than Kory did. Not that she was jealous. No. Course not. More importantly, he respected her and he understood her. And she could say confidently that not many people did. That was why it was such an impact on her. That was why she loved Dick.
 
…But did she?
 
That was the confusing part. She just couldn't figure out if she loved him or not. She thought she did, but what did she know about love? Nothing. That's what. Raven didn't know anything about any emotions, not really. Sure, she had a basic understanding of them but she had never felt them, and defiantly not one as strong as love.
 
That was the problem. Should she risk it? Should Raven profess her love to Dick. What would he say? What about Kory? Could she hurt her best friend like that? Would Dick laugh at her? After all, why would he love her? He had Kory - a beautiful golden Alien goddess. She was just Raven, half demon and harbinger of death.
 
Tough choice.
 
“No!” a voice suddenly cried, and Raven's eyes snapped open in the dark. She dropped down onto her feet and walked softly over to the door, opening it with a Swish.
 
Terra.
 
“Terra?”
 
(----)
 
Tara looked up in surprise, finding herself outside Raven's room, kneeling on the floor at Raven's feet. She wiped at her eyes, ashamed to be seen this way, especially by Raven. After making sure her tears where at least partially gone she stood, trying not to look at Raven, who was just standing there, watching her with a raised eyebrow.
 
“Sorry.” She mumbled, still not looking at her.
 
“Is…is something wrong?” Raven finally asked, although she didn't sound as if she really cared.
 
“I'm fine.” Tara whispered, turning her head away from Raven, hoping the girl hadn't noticed her tears.
 
“You're lying.” Raven said. “Again.”
 
Ouch. Tara looked up instantly, locking gazes with Raven, eyes narrowed. Tears began to leak from her eyes again.
 
“Just leave me alone!” she yelled, turning and begin to walk down the corridor, angrily wiping at her eyes.
 
“Stop.” Raven's voice was calm, and for some reason Tara found herself stopping, although she did not turn to face the gothic looking Titan. “You're upset. You think I hate you. You're afraid of me. You don't think I'm capable of understanding you or of comforting you. And you don't blame me.”
 
“So what?” Tara whirled around, facing Raven again, scowling slightly at her, tears staining her cheeks. “You can read minds now?”
 
“Emotions.” Raven replied calmly. “I don't hate you. I don't like you either, but I don't hate you.”
 
“That makes me feel better.” Tara said, trying to stay calm. “I'm not asking you to forgive me.”
 
“But you're worried I won't let you join.” Raven stated.
 
Tara nodded her head.
 
“I'm still deciding.” Raven continued. A pause. “Have you spoken to Garfield?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“How does he feel?” Raven had not yet moved from the position in her doorway, and was craning her neck to study Terra.
 
“He wants time.” Tara answered. “I don't think I should stay. No one wants me here. I can tell.”
 
“Really?” Raven was amused. “Believe what you want to be believe, but if Dick does let you stay I want to you to know something.” Raven approached her now, stopping just before her, practically inches away. “I don't trust you. I wont take my eyes of you. You make one wrong move and I'll be there to stop you - without a second thought. I will not let you endanger my friends. Understand?” Her tone was not angry, but calm, and Tara found that even more frightening. She nodded.
 
Raven turned and made her way back towards her room. She stopped before entering however, not turning to look at her, but speaking clearly:
 
“One more thing. If you hurt him I'll make sure you're gone from the team in seconds.”
 
There was no question as to whom she was referring. “I understand.”
 
Raven left her alone in the corridor then. The door closed with one final Swish. Tara turned again and resumed her walk down the corridor.
 
Again, Tara couldn't blame Raven. If the position was reversed she doubted she would be able to forgive her. Tara just wanted a chance to prove herself. Maybe then, in time, Raven could come to trust her. Maybe Gar would learn to love her again. She did want that, even if she had said she didn't. She was Terra after all, and even a clone feels the same things. They are the same person. The only difference being she wasn't raised to be a psychopathic nut job. She would be patient though. She'd let Gar get used to her again. Patience is a virtue after all, right?
 
(----)
 
Being a half machine teenager had its advantaged. Victor Stone never liked sleeping, even when he was still a complete human. He used to spend all his time running around, always full of energy and playing sports. He never spent more than seven hours sleeping. Now, being half machine, he didn't even need that. That's why he sat alone on the couch of the Titans living room at six in the morning, watching early morning TV and wondering why they're wasn't anything good on.
 
With a dejected sigh he turned the TV off and tossed the remote onto the seat beside him. Of course it also had its disadvantages. He stood, getting ready to go do some training, weight lifting, you know, whatever came to mind. That's when the door to the common room open and a rumpled, sleepy looking Garfield Logan lugged his way in, ignoring Vic and plopping himself down on the couch. Vic sat back down next to him, glad to have company, even if it was half asleep.
 
“S'up?” Vic asked.
 
“Tired.” Gar yawned.
 
“It is six bro,” Vic pointed out, motioning to the large clock over on the wall to his left. “Go back to sleep.”
 
“Can't.” Gar leant back, resting his head on the back of the couch and closing his tired eyes. “Can't sleep.”
 
“Ah.” Vic sat back as well. “Bugged about Tara huh?”
 
“Guess.” Gar sighed. “I don't know how to act around her. It's so confusing. Sometimes I just want to…you know…and then other times I…” Gar made a funny sound and weakly lifting his arms and shoulders in a shrug before resting them back down, like he was moulding himself into the couch.
 
“Sometimes you want to hit her and others you want to jump her and make sweet love on the floor.” Vic laughed at Gar's horrified expression. “I get it.”
 
“We talked last night.”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“She wants to be friends.” Gar clarified. “I said I'd think about it - That I needed time to get used to her. Truth is I don't know if I'll ever get used to her.”
 
“Understandable dog.” Vic stood again, stretching a little. “I think. Maybe it feels like that know, but given time, you will get used to having her back. I know it's hard. I'm still a little suspicious of her. We all are I think. Even Star. Just hang in there.”
 
“Yeah.” Gar yawned again, closing his eyes. “Thanks.”
 
“No problem.” Vic turned to face him again. “So you up to a game of…Gar? Gar?” Vic smiles. “Sleepin' like a baby.” With a final smile at his best friend Vic strolls of out of the room, heading for his delayed training session.
 
(----)
 
Hope that answered some of your question RT, if not, keep reading. Don't really think I have anything important to say so…review!