Fan Fiction ❯ How Did I Ever Live Without You? ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

How Did I Ever Live Without You!?
 
Disclaimer: I unfortunately do not own any of the Dark Hunters! They belong to the goddess Sherrilyn Kenyon who created them! *Bows at her feet* “Forgive me I have not yet read them all! But I had to write this!” Ohyeah and Leann Rimes awesomely wrote the song“How do I live without you?”
 
I guess this needs a spoiler warning…SPOILER!
 
This is a fun littlesong fic. What if the Dark Hunters put all their differences aside to prove to their doubting wives that they still and will love them…forever?
 
Muse whispers in author's ear. Author answers*Yes I know it is sung by a girl! Use your imagination! Boys can sing it differently!*
 
“Ingrate.” Tabitha growled throwing herself into the chair next to her sister.
 
What's wrong?” Cassandra asked.
 
“Him.” She growled.
 
Amanda chuckled. “Argument with Valerius I wager?” It was a girls only vacation for the wives of the one time Dark Hunters; Amanda, Tabitha, Cassandra, Sunshine, and Astrid. The kids were all home with their fathers and they were out having fun. They all shared a bond that made them close friends even in the eyes of certain danger and controversy.
 
They were drinking and dining in a private dining room on the penthouse of a very expensive hotel in NYC! Tabitha had just returned from a phone call with Valerius and she was steaming.
 
“Yes. You would think that after all the shit I went through to bring him back from the dead he would at least show me some gratitude.”
 
Astrid laughed. “I know how you feel.”
 
“Come on now we can't be too hard on them. I mean they did pay for us to go on this vacation.” Cassandra reasoned.
 
“She's right.” Sunshine replied.
 
Tabitha sighed. “I'll give him that, but still…”
 
Amanda sighed. “We know, we know, but it must be hard for them adjusting to normal life after hundreds of years of soul suckers and goddess intrigue. No offense.” She said looking at Astrid.
 
“None taken.” She smiled.
 
“Well we must remember….” Cassandra said. “They are slightly old fashioned if you catch my drift.” She took a gulp of her drink to hide her smile.
 
Sunshine smiled back. “Yes I suppose that they are still stuck in thoughts of the old days where women were there to serve them.”
 
“Well they are sorely mistaken.” Tabitha shouted lifting her glass in a toast. “To us, the only women to ever marry a vampire and live to talk about it!” They all laughed and raised their glasses.
 
“I'll drink to that!” Cassandra said jovially.
 
After their laughter died down Amanda sighed again. “Kyrian is better now that he has immortality again, but he still worries far too much.”
 
“Oh yes, Wulf loves Erik, but he is far too protective! That child is going to need therapy when he is older or worse end up like Chris!” Cassandra added.
 
Tabitha looked at her twin's sad face and elbowed her. “Come on Mandy! Cheer up. You know Kyrian loves you.”
 
“I know, but ever since…” Amanda could barely talk about the night when she had almost lost everything she loved, her family and even her life.
 
Astrid touched her hand lightly and smiled. “Oh come now Amanda, enough of these doubts. We know they love us. We wouldn't be here with burns and scars to boot if they didn't.
 
“I know.” Amanda said her smiling slowly returning as she rubbed her finger along the imprint in her hand where she had held Kyrian's soul medallion. Amanda held up her glass. “Another toast! To the men we love! Regardless of how stubborn they are! ”
 
“Here! Here!” They all shouted before downing their drinks.
 
Just then the waiter came in and bowed before addressing the table. “Ladies. Some special entertainment for you tonight.” We motioned to the elevated steps and the curtain to the left of the table that they hadn't even noticed. The curtain elevated and music started to play. The stage was dark and suddenly all the lights in the room dimmed and different colored lights illuminated the stage revealing the former Dark Hunters dressed to impress with microphones in their hands.
 
 
 
How do I get through one night without you
If I had to live without you
What kind of life would that be
Oh I, I need you in my arms
Need you to hold
You're my world, my heart, my soul


If you ever leave
Baby you would take away everything good in my life
And tell me now


How do I live without you
I want to know
How do I breathe without you
If you ever go
How do I ever, ever survive
How do I
How do I
Oh, how do I live
 
They all sand the first couple of verses together which was astounding in and of itself. Kyrian and Valerius could barely be in the same room together and now they were singing!
 
Kyrian stepped down and knelt at Amanda's side. Amanda was grinning like a fool as he took her hand. He was dressed in the black leather pants and black t shirt she had always been fond of seeing him in.
 
Without you, there'd be no sun in my sky
 
Valerius did the same intertwining his fingers with hers. His hair was down for once, the way Tabitha liked it, but he was still dressed in a fine tuxedo. Tabitha raised an eyebrow at him accusingly yet he could see the smile that played on her lips.
 
There would be no love in my life
 
Wulf was next wearing the same clothes as Kyrian. (A dark hunter favorite and a must for all these ab fabulous men!) He put his hand on her cheek and caressed her skin with his thumb. Cassandra smiled and sighed softly, he was always so wonderful.
There'd be no world left for me
 
Talon grabbed Sunshine's hand and kissed it standing behind her chair dressed in leather pants and a tight leather jacket with no shirt under it to accentuate his muscular chest. Sunshine gave him a small smile as she gazed lovingly into his eyes.
 
And I, oh Baby, I don't know what I would do
Zarek had on a similar outfit to Kyrian and Wulf and he took both of Astrid's hands and touched his forehead to hers.
 
I'd be lost if I lost you
 
Then they all sang together and to the women at the table it was the most amazing sound they had ever heard.
 
If you ever leave
Baby you would take away everything real in my life
And tell me now

How do I live without you
I want to know
How do I breathe without you
If you ever go
How do I ever, ever survive
How do I
How do I
Oh, how do I live

Please tell me baby
How do I go on
 
Suddenly women began to sing as well and their chorus filled the room as the Dark Hunters and their wives proved their never ending undying love for each other.

If you ever leave
Baby you would take away everything
Need you with me
Baby don't you know that you're everything good in my life
And tell me now

How do I live without you
I want to know
How do I breathe without you
If you ever go
How do I ever, ever survive
How do I
How do I
Oh, how do I live

how do I live without you
how do I live without you baby
how do I live....
 
The music stopped and each woman kissed their dark hunter. Tabitha ravished Valerius's mouth before pulling back with a playful grin. “I didn't know you could sing?”
 
“Only for you mi amo.” He pulled her back into the kiss.
 
Astrid giggled as Zarek devoured her. “Zarek where are the kids?”
 
Zarek grinned devilishly. “Acheron volunteered to baby-sit them. All of them.”
 
Cassandra laughed lightly as Wulf pulled back to smile at her. “Acheron babysitting all our kids. Now that is something I never imagined happening.”
 
“He thought we deserved some time to make things right with you ladies.” He said staring longingly into Amanda's eyes. “Amanda no matter what I may say or do. I really am glad I gave up my immortality to be with you. And now that we are both immortal I just want to spend forever loving you.” Amanda smiled and her eyes shimmered with happy tears as she through her arms around his neck and kissed him.
 
“What say we go back to your room and make up some more?” Talon teased as he held Sunshine's chin in his fingers and lightly kissed her again.
 
“That is a wonderful idea.” Sunshine whispered.
 
Needless to say they all followed Talon's advice.