Fan Fiction ❯ I am in Love ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Don't own any of these guys, so don't bite my head off.
 
I am in Love
 
Chapter 2
 
Who could have forgotten that stupid idiot? I know Nigel claims that he doesn't have feelings for her, but the way he looks at Lizzie tells me that he is not telling the truth. Well, that means that he is cheating on her. This gives me some interesting options that I have to weigh before I make my move.
 
“Numbah 4… Numbah 4… NUMBAH 4!!!”
 
“Huh? Sorry, I kind of zoned out there.”
 
“It's ok. So, how is the meal? I had the chef prepare some traditional Australian cuisine.”
 
I smiled at the plate before me. It was rare to have some old fashioned Outback food since being moved over here to America. I was impressed that she made note of my country of origin; she wasn't leader of the KND for nothing.
 
“It is great; whoever cooked this is a genius.”
 
“I looked over your file when I heard that you single-handedly defeated our most vicious enemy. I have to say that I am impressed with some of your records in training camp. In fact you still hold several track records in the arctic base.”
 
“Really? I would have thought someone would have beaten me by now. So which records do I still hold?”
 
She looked at a file that she pulled out of a sack next to her chair and began listing a few names off. “…the most notable of which, of course, would have to be your record on the torture course. No one has even gotten close to your toleration time. I have to say, I am slightly envious. My time isn't even half of what you made.”
 
I chuckled, “I don't think that the ability to take pain is so great compared to great skills that I lack in the way of intelligence, leadership…” I began to list off several records that I came close to failing when I was in training. I may have held the record for feats of strength, but when it came to mental skills, if it wasn't in relation to combat, I had no ability at all.
 
“That is nothing to be ashamed of Wally. There need to be good leaders just as much as there need to be good fighters. Imagine what would happen if there were no one to fight under the leaders of all the KND cells. Our battle would be over before it began. You are as important a feature as Nigel ever will be.”
 
She must have noticed that her pep talk didn't really cheer me up and she reached over to put her hand on my shoulder. I smiled at her show of affection; I secretly wished that it was Kuki caressing my body. Oh well, I guess that there is nothing that can be done about that until I get back to Earth. I stood up and gazed out of the massive view port to look upon the surface of the moon. It was barren, covered only with craters. Each crater was separated from the others and all alone. They would remain that way for an eternity; or at least until time granted them another visitation by a hurtling meteor. Who knows how long that would be though? It might as well be forever.
 
I sat down and concluded my dinner with the head of global command. She was very kind and provided me with a secret access code to a handful of satellites designated for my area. She said that I might find a use for them some day. I don't know what she meant by it, but my instincts told me that I would be finding out very soon.
 
She recommended that I go and see the prisoners one last time before I left back for sector V. I thought it was a good idea, since I would never be able to make fun of them to their faces again. I put a grin on as I was coming up with some good puns to whip at em. When I arrived at their cells I realized that they would never be unfrozen again. Damn it. What was the point of coming down here and thinking of some good puns if I can't make them feel bad because of it? I glance over at their faces and realize what a horrible punishment this actually is. They all had a look of horror on their faces and I could just imagine being frozen until the day they died feeling that exact same feeling of horror no matter what. It's kind of depressing. It sort of reminds me of my own situation. I am stuck like this until someone else does something that will help me.
 
Wait a minute!!! I forgot about Lizzie. I can inform her about what Nigel is doing and she'll make him stop. No, that'll never work. That will only make Nigel pissed off and force him to break up with Lizzie bringing him closer to Kuki. I have to think harder. Suddenly I realize what I am actually doing. It hit me like a ton of bricks slamming right onto my balls. Nigel is a good guy. He'll treat Kuki really well. I should be happy for the both of them. If I try to ruin it for them then I'll just make Kuki sad, and I care about her too much for that to happen. The only way I can ever be with Kuki is to either betray my friends including Kuki, or just be patient and hopeful. Either prospect is not enjoyable. They both seem like being drug behind a car going 5 mph. I'll have to meditate on this and decide what kind of a person I really am, if I am an ass or a real man. Those are my options.
 
It was time for me to leave and go home. The moon base what not my favorite place to be anyway. It was quiet and cold. The only nice aspect about it was that global command was there and she was very nice. Of course, numbah 86 was also there, and she is a total pain. So I suppose that balances out. Either way, I would rather be on Earth going on a mission. So I headed on my way to the shuttle and took off. When I arrived back home, everyone greeted me and wanted to know what took me so long. I explained how I met global command and that we had dinner together. Nigel started asking questions about what it was that we would have to talk about; as if I would have nothing to say to a high ranking officer. Jerk... I told him it was just chit chat. Things went on as normal from there on out and I went off to my room.
 
When I arrived, I began to investigate Lizzie in hopes of gathering some proof that she and Nigel were still actually dating. I know that I could get information to Lizzie that Nigel was dating Kuki, but in order to get Kuki to break up with Nigel I would have to let Kuki know that Nigel was two timing. That would be the only way that I could accomplish this mission.
 
I suddenly stopped. “Is this the way that I want to get Kuki?” I asked myself. I then realized that I couldn't do it this way. Nigel is my friend and it would be traitorous of me to do that to him just so that I could be with Kuki. I said that I would keep my eyes open for anything useful, should Nigel become a huge ass. There is no reason for me to be courteous to him if he doesn't do the same for me.
 
My thoughts then began to stray to Kuki again. That is what worried me the most. If I couldn't keep from thinking about her, I wouldn't be able to keep my personal promise. My feelings for her grow stronger every second that I don't have her in my arms. I know that I should be happy for her now that she has found someone who can take care of her and keep her happy. I know that I should be happy for her now that she has such a great guy rather than finding some sleaze-ball. I guess there is only one thing that I can do. Work it out.
 
I then proceed to work out all day until I pass out of exhaustion on the floor. I did this for days on end. I thought I was strong, fast, agile, and skilled before. Now that I have some extra motivation I really was unstoppable. I hardly saw either Nigel or Kuki this way, and that is how I liked it. The only time I saw her was when I was doing squats and she came in to ask if I wanted to play her new rainbow monkey board game. I told her no and she said that I would have to do it next time. She can be totally clueless at times. I hardly saw Nigel at all too. I liked it that way. I only saw him on the bus ride to school. I was happy that way. I didn't have to talk to him and I didn't have to think about him with his hands all over Kuki. All I had to do is lift weights. That's it. It was a dry spell as far as missions went after I caught Father and the Delightfuls. So Nigel didn't have many orders for me, especially with me working out ten times harder then anyone else. He knew that was my forte and he could tell that I had made some sort of breakthrough and was reaching a new plateau. Besides, I'd like to see him try and stop me. NO!!! Don't think like that Wally. Nigel is your commander and you have to listen to him. Don't try and start something with him.
 
So that was basically everyday for about four months. Fall had turned into winter and everyone else was getting bored out of their minds. Of course, that meant that Nigel and Kuki snuck off to be alone more often. I don't think that anyone else noticed but me, and that was almost depressing in a way. The only person that I could share my pain with was global command, and she was all the way up at the moon base. I occasionally saw Nigel on dates with Lizzie. It infuriated me, but I chose not to say anything. I only documented as much as possible. I stored all of the information in those handy-dandy satellites that global command offered me to use. I promised myself that if it went on for another month I would have no choice but to step in. I mean come on. What kind of a jackass strings along two women for nearly half a year? It's unacceptable. I had to come up with some sort of game plan that would allow everything to return to normal without causing any dissention in the team. I thought it would be a good idea to enlist some special aid in this one.
 
 
Author's Note: At this point I need some feedback. I dumped the last three projects that I have worked on. I like where this is headed, but I need someone to let me know that they are reading here people. I would appreciate and constructive criticism too. I'll be working on the next chapter's outline, but without an audience, I have no reason to continue. I look forward to hearing any comments. Peace.