Fan Fiction ❯ Immortality ❯ Immortality ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Immortality

Cervantes' lithe fingers scratched out a small plea within the sand with a broken shard from his Soul-Edge. He closed his eyes and mustering up his remaining strength, the once proud pirate kneeled upon the sand, rubbing his forehead into the sediments. His white wisps of hair stained with the blood of his sins enveloped his fearsome face.
He finally turned to face the starless sky, but the moon illuminated his shame. His hands stretched into that of prayer, the blood dripping from his scars. His sapphire eyes were shut once more, but the eyelids leaked with crystalline tears that traced down the familiar channels of his hard face.

"A soul once so powerful and respected was I," Cervantes' deep voice stated, however it had lost the charisma and authority it once held. Now it sounded helpless, as if longing to not ever want to speak again.
He let out a sarcastic laugh, then winced with the pain to use his vocal chords any longer.
"Respected..." he repeated the word with a sense of irony. "More like feared...and-and...now..."

The man let out a scream that made such a void in his heart, chilled his bloodied skin and trembled the atoms around him. It was a sight of one to feel sorrow for the man could have everything, yet nothing at all. The one whom everyone feared and he now he feared himself.
Cervantes scratched at his skin with the remaining shards of his Soul-Edge that he'd destroyed in agony. He scraped at his skin where there were not yet any signs of a gash or scar. He stopped the scratching and screaming when his body and voice couldn't take it any longer, then broke into violent sobs.
This was what had become of the man who tried to capture immortality. He did get it, yes- but alongside this, he had also received insanity.
He had always wanted to be the one in control, to be the one who held the power- not the power holding him at his will. His whole body trembled as his sapphire orbs landed upon the illuminated shards of Soul-Edge.

"Perhaps...perhaps..." the man looked at them with a glimpse of hope.

A fire was burning into his eyes, a fire that wished to be put out because now the Soul-Edge was destroyed. His eyes roamed at his handwriting in the ground.

Let me go

The waves came in silently, swept the painfully thin body alongside his small prayer. Yet the Soul-Edge still remained, broken, but still a sort of dignity was shining within them- of course, Soul-Edge would never die.