Fan Fiction ❯ In the End ❯ The Escape ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
'Finally!' I thought as I rubbed my wrists. I stood up, the chains that had kept me to the cold, stone wall for all that time fell to the ground, creating a loud bang. I glanced around, hoping I'd be able to make it out before on of the gaurds came. I stared at the wodden beams that supported the walls and smiled. I planned my way and jumped. Silently, I landed on the lowest beam. I winced as the damp, splintered wood poked at my feet. But that couldn't stop me. I jumped from beam to beam, as silent as I could, my heart pounding and my feet throbing from the splinters. I reached the small window above the door, peeked out, and crouched on the ledge. After seeing no one, I lept down.

My feet touched the stone floor and I was off. I crept along the wall, pushing my body as close ot it as I could. After passing a hall, I started to run, looking behind me. Whack! I fell to the ground and looked up. Fear in my eyes, I stood. The guard smiled at me wickedly as I scrambled to my feet. He laughed and reached for his club. I turned to run back down the hall, but I stopped short. 'Crap, where do these gaurds come from?' I thought as I backed down the hall. Suddenly, I turned and ran, blood dripping from my raw feet with every step. I glanced back to see them following. My feet pounded against the cold, stone floor. 'There!' I ran towards a balcony overhanging a huge cliff of about 250 feet. I jumped onto the railing and balenced myself. I glanced first at fall, the waves far below crashed against the rocky cliff. Then I glanced back and smiled. I waved as they had just reached the balcony and jumped.

With my hands in front of me, I sliced through the air. I quickly reached the pounding waves and dove straight in. The gaurds above had long been gone, thinking I couldn't survive a fall like that, and even if I did, the waves would surely bring the end. But they couldn't have been more wrong. I flew out of the water and hovered above the waves, shocked from the icy water. I recovered, my feet and wrist stinging from the salt, and speed away from the waves banging against the cliff. Once the huge stone castle, which had held me captive for months, disappeared over the horizin, I slowed. I smiled happily as I twirled inches above the sea, the small waves lapping happily as I flew by.

But as soon as I started celebrating my victory, I saw sails. Huge white sails loomed on the horizin, waiting for me. I quickly planned my way to get past them, then sped up. As I neared, the captian of the ship, Raa Jom, smiled wickedly. He knew I'd be there and ordered the crew to position the cannons. Determinded, I reached firing range of the boat. Raa barked for the men to fire the cannons at will. Suddenly, white, electric orbs zoomed through the air. I dodged one after another and reached the ship. Raa, who hadn't expected the cannons to get me, pulled a small gun out of his pocket and aimed. Unaware, I neared him and he fired. Pain surged through my body as a red, firey orb dove into me.

I grabbed my stomach and fell towards the deck. Raa smiled his usual evil smile and put the gun back into the depths of his pocket. Darkness began to set in. I realized that someone had caught me. I squinted my eyes to see who, and realized I was, once again, in the cluches of Raa. The last thing was Raa's laughter, ringing through my ears, then, all went black.

It seem like an eternity I battled for life. But once I regainded control ,I realized that I was still draped in Raa's arms. My eyes shot open and my pupils diolated. Unable to control my rage, I lept out of Raa's arms, my whole body still numb from the battle. I screamed, my own blood curled from it, and black knives formed out of no where, my eyes as dark as hell itself. The knives flew in every direction. As the screames of pain filled the air, I smiled as I was filled with a greater evil then Satin. I turned to Raa, who was dodging every knife that came his way. I lifted my arms, a huge sword formed and floated above my hands.

"It's time to die, Raa," I said, hate and evil filling my voice. His face looked calmer than ever, but his eyes had betrayed him. I saw the fear taking over and smiled. "I see your fear," my voice was cold. "And your fear is my way to victory!" I waved my hand in his direction and the sword ripped through the air.

Raa's eyes filled with terror and he stumbled backward and fell. The sword hovered over him, then tipped its blade down. Raa rolled to the left and the sword jabbed through the floor that he had been laying on. Raa stared wide-eyed at me, seeming to be pleading for forgivness. But my heart was filled with hate and murder. I stared coldly into his fearing eyes.

"Die, bitch!" And with that, I waved my hand and pointed at his heart. The sword came up through the floor under him. His puipils expanded and blood dripped from his mouth. He slumped back onto the floor, and the sword disappeared. I glanced around, evil still clouding my thoughts. I smiled as the last crew member fell to the deck with a thud.

I fell to the floor, my knees giving way as my sences returned. I slowly got to my feet (which were still bleeding from the beams), and slowly looked around. Slowly, I realized what had happened. My eyes filled with horror and I stepped back. My foot met the wet blood-soaked floor and I turned. I quickly stumbled back. I gasped at the sight: Raa slumped against the floor, blood dripping from is mouth and pouring out of the hole in his chest. Tears filled my eyes as I realized the truth.

"I...I killed them..." I said to myself, tears stinging my cheeks. I stared at my palms, unable to understand how I could have let it happen. I lept into the air and sped away from the ship, tears spilling from my eyes. My thoughts racing, I realized I had to get off of Jomie. I flew as fast as I could to land. I landed on a large island.

'Get a ship, and get off Jomie, that's all. Don't talk to anyone, don't draw attention to yourself, don't make eye contact.' I walked through a crowd of people, avoiding everyone, I walked faster and into a ship rental store. I grabbed the keys to a ship and ran out of the shop. I glanced around before ducking into the alley. I jumped into a ship that was parked in the back of the shop and thrust the key into the ignition. I turned it hard, hearing the shop owner running out the back door. The engine spuddered to life and I revved the engine. The ship flew into the sky as I headed into the atmosphere.

Once I was traveling through the dark, nothingness of space, I finally figured out how to put it on auto pilot. I uneasly let go of the wheel and leaned back. I thought of all the things that had happened to me on Jomie. 'What a god-forsaken place...' I thought, regretting even trying to escape. I leaned my head against the seat and fell into a deep, dreamless sleep...