Fan Fiction ❯ Ippiki-Ookami (lone-wolf) ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Running. The darkness all around me. Somehow, I've managed to not run into anything that may cause damage to my skin. I never seem to grow tired, keeping me from stopping. Why stop? To do so may only result in never moving again. After running for what seems like eternity, I reason with myself and finally stop, at the site of a red dot in the middle of the sky. Just as I had thought, my feet refuse to leave their position on the dew-covered grass. I continue to stare blindly at the slowly increasing one-red-eyed monster, gaining speed as it nears. After journeying to within a few feet of me, I quickly turn sideways, though my feet still don't move, in attempts to save me a few more seconds before death.

around, I run into something hard. I land on the soft, fluffy, mocha carpet. The carpet wasn't any of my concern at the moment. It was the hard, pale, mini-shelf, next to my bed, that had collided with my head, during the landing that was on my mind. later, my alarm clock flashes 6:14 a.m. with the annual beeping, yelling at me to get up like my head isn't already pounding. I quickly shut it off and head towards my closet. Pulling out one of the million outfits I own, I head towards the bathroom across the hall and continue my mourning routine. Minutes later I rush down the stairs for a quick breakfast before grabbing my pack and heading out the door. Rounding the corner at the far end of the street, I come face to face with non-other than a rival at Ryuu High.

What are you doing here Honoo?" she asked me.

Simply going to school. Which would be the opposite way in which your walking. Is there a reason for a wrong direction?" I asked back

Meeting up with an old friend which is starting our school today. He just happens to live on this street." She replied. Obviously not very happy to have to deal with me this early in the mourning.

away I soon come across the two girls from school, who I consider friends. Both wearing identical outfits as I. Consisting of a black and red plaid mid-thigh skirt, a red button up, long sleeved, thin shirt, with a black over jacket. Due to the warmth of the season, all three of us had tied the sleeves of our jacket around our waist.

weird as it sounds, Ryuu Translates into dragon, in one of the three forms of Japanese writing called, Kanji. The district's mascot is a dragon, along with the elementary school named Kaida, or little dragon. Even though Kaida would be a name for a girl, this world seems to break every rule a live.

rivaling districts, Ookami, translated into wolf. Tora means tiger, and Kitsune is fox. While Ryuu and Kitsune have a different elementary name, like Kaida and Neko, cat, Ookami, and Tora simply have the same middle and highschool name. Weird enough, no one here, in this world, is Japanese. Even the people are named after a Japanese word.

legend goes, four Japanese men found this world, escaping a horrible monster that came out of nowhere. They were suddenly thrown through some sort of blue and green portal, while running. Then, here they were. Having to count on complete strangers to survive. Of course, nothing went as planned. Soon the four of them became two teams, hating the other. They teams split, into four individuals, all rivaling one another. Who knew one little argument could do such a thing. Only one was smart enough to write the experience down, giving us the knowledge and rivalry we have today. Before they died, each of the four claimed land of our planet, also giving us territory we constantly fight over for power. Form that day on for one entire millennium, there are constant gang fights.