Fan Fiction ❯ June ❯ The Golden Scarf ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

June

By Houou Kazoku-Kaga and Kaede Nakamura

Ch 2: The Golden Scarf

5 June 1998

Kumiko's right palm was pressed against the cut, trying to stop the blood flow. For sure, she'd be anemic tomorrow.

"Your hand's still bleeding?"

She picked up her head to see Sakai Hiroyuki in the door.

"Yes, it is."

The tetsujin came over and held her hand out to him.

"It's mostly stopped; you've just need a better bandage." He thought for a moment, then pulled the scarf he wears around his neck off.

"Sakai-san," Kumiko breathed. His own scarf!

"It's okay. I'm sure I have another one, and if I don't, one of the Costume Gurus will."

He wrapped his scarf around her hand, trying the knot. Then he lowered his head and let his lips touch the scarf.

Kumiko pulled her hand away. "What are you doing?"

"Kissing it to make it better."

"How childish."

"Is it?"

Sakai and Kumiko looked at each other. Blush began to creep upon their cheeks, although it was more prominent on Kumiko. The silence between them spoke volumes of their feelings.

Kobe and Houou's predictions were correct. Cupid's arrows hit home.

One of Hattori's books fell off a shelf and hit Sakai on the head. That released the tension in the air as the two of them laughed.

Kumiko got up from her chair, walked to Sakai and kissed him on the head.

"What was that for?"

"Kissing it to make it better."

"Oh, who's childish now?"

They looked at each other again. Then Sakai stood up and kissed Kumiko on the lips.

Kumiko grabbed Sakai's shoulders, and he thought maybe she didn't return his feelings. But she was just steadying herself. In fact, she was the one that deepened the kiss.

An "ahem" brought them back to the world of the living.

Kaga Takeshi, Houou's granduncle and the chairman of the Gourmet Academy, stood in the doorway.

"If you care to know who won the battle, I'd go to the stadium. However, I'd say you both won something, ne?"

He turned and left.