Fan Fiction ❯ June ❯ Chen vs. Sakai ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

June

By Houou Kazoku-Kaga and Kaede Nakamura

Epilogue: Chen vs. Sakai

31 January 2042

Sakai Hiroyuki is ninety-nine years old.

He had long since retired from the role as Iron Chef French, serving as an honorary tetsujin. Most of his fellow tetsujin have passed on. Chen, Kobe, Morimoto, and Kazoku were still alive.

Chen and Morimoto both retired and joined Sakai as honorary tetsujin. Chen was succeeded by his son, Chen Kentaro, and Morimoto's successor was Nakamura Kaede (no relation to Nakamura Koumei, but she would have been proud to claim it.) Kobe was still the Iron Chef Italian, but rumor has it that he was looking for a replacement. After Kaga died, Iron Chef International Kazoku Houou became Chairman Kazoku-Kaga Houou.

His wife, Sakai Kumiko, fulfilled her destiny as a culinary critic. Many have nicknamed her the Neo-Kishi Asako, after the most famous of the judges, Kishi Asako. Of course, she never judged for her husband's battles, neither her…

And as for their son, Sakai Takeshi…

______________________________-

Another King of Iron Chef's tournament was being held. The finals were about to happen. One of the finalists was Hou's husband, Chen Kentaro. Chen Kenichi was beaming like there was no tomorrow, not only because his son made the finals, but because of the parallelism of this battle and his final battle.

"Going against him: Iron Chef French Sakai Takeshi!"
Sakai retired at 2036. By then, coupled with training from both his father and his mother, Sakai Takeshi became the French tetsujin.

Sakai and Kumiko sat next to each other to watch their son's battle.

"If someone told me this was where'd I be by now, I wouldn't believe them," Kumiko whispered in his ear.

"Why?"

"Didn't think I'd be this happy."

"And are you?"

"I have a good job, a loving husband, an amazing son, and all the love in the world. Of course I'm happy."

"And I wouldn't have it any other way." Sakai went to kiss his wife.

"Allez cuisine!!!"