Fan Fiction ❯ Kasume The Ninja Swordsman ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey! Most people say `I don't own this. I don't own that'. So I'm here to spice things up a bit saying; I OWN EVERY SINGLE LITTLE PART OF THIS STORY AND IF YOU STEAL IT I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you. Now, if you want to use any part of this story please ask permission in a review. Have fun! ^__^

Chapter 1

His sword pierced my armor. It stabbed right through my right shoulder. I could feel my warm blood oozing through my clothes. The pain shot down my arm. It started to throb. I screamed. The pain was so intense. I noticed I was losing a lot of blood. Escera fell from my hand. I fell back. He put his sword to my throat. Everything went black.

I woke up to terrible pain. My hands were tied to a board. I looked at my right shoulder. The movement itself hurt. My shoulder was bandaged but bloody. I looked around my surroundings. I guessed it was a small cabin. I noticed a table. On a chair asleep was Shirato. His chest slowly rose and fell in a steady pattern. He had reddish-brown hair. We were both 17. Our skill with the sword was even. By his hand was a beer bottle. He would be out for a couple hours. Near him on the table was my bow, quiver with arrows, and Escera. Every generation a sword was made for the best person in the village. It was a strong and beautiful sword. Its handle was inlayed with sapphires. It was approx. 40 inches. It was of the strongest steel and could not be broken. I dozed off again.

I woke again. My shoulder was throbbing but hurt less than before. Shirato was awake and eating. He noticed me.

"Ah. So you're awake I see. You ruined my life, Kasume, so I will ruin yours." He said in a menacing voice. I didn't know what he was going to do. He got up and took out hid knife. He saw the fear in my eyes and smiled. "You stopped me from stealing the Varasor stone and made me an outlaw. I can never return to our village. So I'll make sure you can't go anywhere." He took his knife and carved something into my left cheek. He stopped and the blood ran down my face. It hurt. He held up a mirror.

"The Symbol of a Dragon! But…it…"

"Yes. The Symbol of a Dragon is for traitors. Now you can't go to any village without being arrested. Your life is ruined!" He laughed and walked over to get his stuff. "I'll see you later." He laughed evilly and walked out the door. I wondered what he was doing.

I looked around the cabin more thoroughly and noticed it was more of a shack. It had no windows and the only light came from a lantern in the middle of the room. My hands and feet hurt from being tied together. My shoulder hurt and still bled some. When I moved it hurt. Otherwise it was a little more than throbbing. I remembered how this all began. It was three years ago. I was training at the academy for ninja/swordplay. I was ranked at the top of my class along with Shirato. Neither of us was any stronger than the other. We were good friends. Then that dreadful day came. It was raining and I was walking to my house when I saw Shirato sneaking around. I decided to follow him. I was shocked when he stopped in front of the village shrine and knocked out both guards. I realized then he was going to steal the Varasor stone, the life force of our village. As he reached for the stone I asked him why. He turned around shocked. Then he slowly smiled. He told me. `To have control of the village' he had said. As he was talking I noticed his hand on the hilt of his sword. I put my hand on my sword too. He then drew his sword and attacked. We fought for nearly an hour. Then the guards awoke and, hearing the clash of swords, came up here. We both saw them. Shirato cursed and ran away, but not before saying he would return for his revenge. I had lost a good friend that day. One year passed and I graduated from the academy at the top of every class at the age of 15. In my graduation ceremony Escera was presented to me. I trained for another year with Escera until my 16th birthday. That day was the worst day of my life for that was the day Shirato returned and killed my parents. I vowed revenge and set out to find him. A year and three months passed and I had only glimpsed him once. Then that evening that I was caught off-guard. We fought for two hours until he struck me in the shoulder and here I am. He had become much stronger. I didn't know what to do now.

My thoughts were broken due to voices.

"He is in here?" An unfamiliar voice said.

"Yes." Shirato said. The door opened and Shirato and a stranger walked in. Shirato brought his fist from above my head down. My vision went fuzzy and slowly went black.

I woke up in a cell due to a commotion. It was dark. A struggling man was thrown into my cell. As he landed in my cell he started cursing my ears off. Then he smiled.

"Ha! Idiot!" He said looking at a key in his hands. "This is my ticket out of here."

"I'm coming too." I said. He turned and looked at me. He looked me up and down. Finally he stopped.

"Who are you?"

"Kasume."

"Well, since we are in the same cell I guess you're coming no matter what. But I'm not waiting if you get left behind."

"I can pull my own weight."

"Good."

We waited until night. The guards were all asleep. We quietly unlocked the door and crept out.

"Do you know where they keep our weapons?" I asked.

"I glimpsed it on my way in. You have weapons also?"

"Yeah."

We crept around until we came to a locked door. The strange man took out the keys he had and unlocked it. It took awhile to find the right key. We went inside. The walls were covered with weapons and it took us awhile to find them. After I got my sword and bow with arrows I turned to leave. I noticed that my `friend' had gotten a dagger and short sword.

"That your sword or are you stealing it?"

"It's mine. I assure you."

"Sweet. It's a beauty!" We left and ran into the woods. By morning they should notice we were gone.

So, how did you like it? Please review and tell me how you liked it and who else should join up with the soon to be duo. Thanks! ^________^