Fan Fiction ❯ Kiranai Hebun-Year One ❯ Part Two-Mushin Appears ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Year One-Part Two

Mushin Appears

Urufu lead the way with Devona close behind. The other kept their distance. Kouner turned to Boya. "Is it just me or does something not seem right. This was too easy. The girl didn't even freak out."

"I think she's to attracted to Urufu to even understand what is going on," Boya replied. Kouner followed his gaze to see the girl trying to keep up with Urufu. She had a stupid smile on her face. Kouner narrowed her eyes toward them.

"Are you jealous?" Kiei asked.

"No, it's just that...I want to know why he's being so nice to her. He let's no one call him Akki but Ka. She comes and calls him it and there is no reaction."

"Maybe he is just trying to be nice," Tenshi stated.

"Trust me, he can't be nice," Kiei replied, Kouner could hear the snarl in his tone.

"Kiei, that wasn't his fault you know that..."

Kiei stopped and the others kept walking, they then stopped and looked back at him. He was breathing heavily. "I don't care if it was him or not. He killed my family and that's all there is to it!"

"You know he was going through hard times!" Kouner yelled at him.

Kiei got up in her face. "Hard times! My entire family is dead because of him, and you expect me to feel sorry for him for he was going through hard times?! I think not!"

"Kiei, drop it," Boya sighed.

"Never. I will get through this, and then I will go back to killing him. I will not rest until he is dead...him and that entire pack of his."

Kouner sighed. "We are going to end up killing each other."

=^o^=

Devona kept as close to Akki as she could. She wanted to learn more about him. She could easily find her star point and be out of this place tomorrow. No, she had to learn more about this dark man. "So, do you have any family?" Devona asked. He ignored her. "Ok...how about a girlfriend?"

Akki snickered. "No girl would trust me."

Devona stopped. Akki turned and looked back at her. "Why...why not??" Devona asked, almost afraid to.

"You don't know who I am and what I have done. Everyone here does." He then took a step closer to her. "I'll give you some advice right now. You better stay away from me if you know what's best for you."

"Ok...hey, where are the others?" Akki looked past Devona to see the other four standing there yelling at each other. Except Tenshi who was wrapped around Boya's leg. They then all stopped and turned to look at Akki and Devona. Kiei huffed as Kouner started to walk again. Boya and Tenshi followed. Akki's eyes followed Kouner as she walked by.

"What's going on?" he asked her sternly.

She sighed. "I'll tell you later."

Akki and Devona started walking again.

=^-^=

Mayowasu Gorou gave a sigh of relief as he moved the last pile of firewood. "Gorou! Dinner is ready!" his wife called to him.

"I'll be there in a minute. Just let me get my ax!" he called back. She smiled and returned to the house. Gorou looked up to the stump where his ax was implanted on. Gorou started to walk over to it. He then removed it from the stump. Just as he did, there was a flash of light out of the dark sky. Gorou turned to see a black hair woman with red eyes floating in the air.

She gave a wicked smile. "Mayowasu Gorou. Never thought you would see me again did you?" she asked.

Gorou raised the ax. "How did you get out!?"

"Not nice to yell at your master."

"You aren't my master witch!"

"You gave your soul to me. I can make you do whatever I feel like. You are mine to control. I would say that I am your master!"

"Leave here!"

"I can even make you kill your entire family."

Gorou gasped. "You wouldn't..."

"Oh, come now Gorou, you know me better then that...I would do it in an instant."

"I won't let you!"

"Oh, fine then. Just tell me where I can find Urufu Akki."

"NEVER!"

"Then face the consequences!!" The woman raised her ring-covered hand toward Gorou. As black beam shot outward him. "NO!!" Gorou screamed as the woman laughed.

The beam then disappeared, leaving a huge hole in Gorou's chest. The woman laughed as Gorou fell to the ground. "I don't need your help. I'll find the others and make them mine, or kill them as well!"

=^-^=

Urufu sighed and sat down on the ground. Kouner sat down next to him. "How much farther..." she asked annoyed. Kiei kept saying that it wasn't that far and he had been saying it for about two hours now.

Urufu shrugged his shoulders. "How should I know. Kiei is the one who was told where it is. He doesn't seem to be doing a good job."

They both looked at the confused Kiei who was looking at the map. "Damn...I think we got off the path," Urufu hear him whisper.

"Great..." Urufu sighed as he leaned against the tree.

Devona walked over and sat down next to Kouner. She plopped down with a grunt. Her eyes then focused on her sore feet. "I don't think I have ever walked so much in these shoes," she groaned.

"You better get used to it. There is going to be a lot of walking in this trip," Kouner replied.

"Can't we catch a cab or something??"

"Automobiles aren't here. They are part of Earth's discovery. Not culture. Everything here is related to cultures," Urufu said as he leaned toward Devona.

"So. They are part of the American culture. Everyone has them. It's like baseball being part of the American past time. Just, please tell me we don't have to play baseball."

Kouner laughed. "No kid, we don't have to play baseball. I have learned of it though. It sounds like fun."

"Yeah, I guess. If you like chasing a little hard ball around," Urufu said as he looked at Kouner.

"You should like that considering your blood lines," Kouner stated as she got closer to his face.

"What the hell are you two talking about?!" Devona yelled. "I may be this princess person that was suppose to save this place in the past but that doesn't mean I know everything about it here."

Urufu looked back at her with a glare. "Who said you were suppose too?" He stood up and headed over to the river not far away from them and kneeled next to it. Kouner sighed. Devona looked at Kouner.

Worry was on Devona's face. "Kouner....why does he act like that?"

Kouner turned and looked at Devona, "Long story kid...though I'm sure you don't care right? I'll tell you."

Just before Kouner could start they heard a laugh from Kiei. Everyone looked at him. He was cracking up laughing. "HA! Look! We are like right on top of it! The safe house is a little farther down the river!"

Kouner gave a sigh of relief and stood up. "About time."

Devona blinked in confusion and stood up as well.

Kiei pointed to the way and they all followed him. With in fifth-teen minutes they had made it to the safe house. They all gave a sigh of relief. Urufu turned to Devona. "You and Tenshi are in side. We can't take the chance of Mushin showing up." He then looked at Tenshi. "Is that ok with you?"

"YUP!"

"Ok, you two in now. We'll keep a look out."

"I'll go in too!" Kouner said as she stepped up to Urufu.

"Why?" he asked.

"Well, us girls are going to be traveling together we should get to know each other better..."

"The reason Tenshi is going in is because she is young and weak. You are older and know your powers. Tenshi does not."

"Urufu..."

"But I really don't give a shit and you are going to do it anyway so just do it."

Kouner nodded and walked over to Devona and Tenshi. Kiei glared at Kouner. She ignored him and they headed into the little cabin.

Kouner shut the door and looked at Devona. Devona crossed her arms. "You never did tell me..."

"Why do you think I came in here?"

"To chat?"

"No, to tell you why he acts the way he does." Kouner sat down on the ground. Devona and Tenshi followed her.

"Who are you talking about Kouner-chan??" Tenshi asked.

With out looking at the small girl, Kouner replied. "Urufu."

"Oh, I see. He's nice."

"Yes, I guess you could say that." Tenshi giggled and looked over at Devona. Devona was looking at Kouner with a strange look. Almost concerned, but not quite there.

"What do you mean?" Devona finally asked.

"Urufu Akki has been through a lot. When he was younger, all the children in his neighborhood, if you want to call it that, made fun of him all the time." Kouner started, but Devona interrupted.

"Why?" Devona asked.

"He was different from them. You know children, they don't like anything that is different and if they do it's because it's quote unquote , 'Neat'. More then likely, they fear someone that is different for they don't understand. Urufu was one of these. Someone feared for no reason at all."

"Is that still true? They fear him because he's different?"

Kouner shook her head. "They have reason to fear him now. You see, we here usually marry very young. Tenshi here was going to be married a few weeks ago, but her fiancée got the mumps. They then called off the wedding."

"Tenshi?!" Devona turned to the small girl who was curled into a little ball on the floor. "How old are you??"

"I'm 12," Tenshi replied.

"12! Isn't that like illegal or something??"

"Maybe in America. Though, we don't get that from the American Culture. In some countries you are married very young and you have no idea who you are getting married to until the day you're married. I was going to be married too. I then found out who it was and ran away." Kouner said in response to Devona.

"Who were you marring??"

"Chibi Makoto. My archenemy. We hated each other since we were born. That was about the only thing we ever agreed on. So, with that my mother thought we would make a good couple and talked his mother into going along with it. Even though, my mother and his both hated each other as well, they both thought we were cute together."

"Man, I would hate to live here. My mom would probably hook me up with Joey. She's always saying how he reminds her of my father and how we should get together."

Kouner giggled. "I know how you feel. My mother was the same way."

"What happened to her."

"She died soon after I left. I felt so bad when I heard about it. I thought maybe I had pushed her over the edge, I never went back though. I was too scared. So, I kept running until I met Tenshi and her family. I've been with them ever since."

"How old are you Kouner?"

"I'm 17."

"Cool, I'm 16."

"I think you are getting off the subject Kouner-chan," Tenshi pointed out.

"Oh yeah. Anyway, Urufu found the most perfect girl. Her name was Aka. She was really pretty from what I heard. She had long pink hair and ruby red eyes. Though, that's just what I heard. I didn't know him or her then so...They were to be married. He was 12 at the time. He came home one day to find the house where they were both staying burning down. He tried to save her but it was to late. She died. Urufu couldn't live with himself. He kept saying that if only he was a few minutes earlier he could have saved her. He come across someone who worshipped one of the demons. They asked if he wanted to be free of his pain. He immediately agreed and sold his soul with out even knowing it. He then became the feared, 'Black Wolf' at the age of 13. They called him that for, well, he looked like wolf and he had a pack of others who sold their souls too. One of the first places he visited as the, 'Black Wolf,' was his home. He killed his father and tried to kill his mother but was stopped by his sister. The pack killed many people, but the one that no one will ever forget was the death of the Tiger Tribe. A high in power family, they had a kingdom on the North end of Kosui Bangou. A huge lake on the 4th constellation. He killed the entire royal court except for one. He made that one stand there and watch as his family died. He was 10 at the time. That one person was Kiei. That's why he hates Urufu so much. Two more years went by. Finally, Urufu broke free of the spell and he was free of the hatred that had consumed him. His pack tried to kill him. They said he couldn't be free. Some how Urufu freed them too and they all went off the lead normal lives. That brings us to the present and what you see today. Get it now??"

No one said anything. Their eyes were going past Kouner. "What's your problem! You wanted to know!"

"Kouner..." Tenshi said as she pointed behind Kouner. Kouner turned to see Urufu standing there looking down at her. His yellow eyes glowing.

She gave an odd laugh. She waved fearfully, "Hi Urufu."His eyes narrowed. He didn't look too happy. Kouner place her hand at her side slowly. His eyes were still placed on her face. She sighed and looked away, ashamed.

"Aren't you forgetting something Kouner?" Urufu asked. She looked at him questionably. "Aren't you forgetting how I torched everyone that got in my way and tried to stop me? Also, why I left Kiei alive. Do you want to know!?"He was yelling now. Kouner was leaning back, trying to get away as Urufu edged closer. "I'll tell you why," Urufu continued. "I thought he was too weak. He was so young and I had no reason to kill him. Though, that didn't stop me from permanently damaging him! I made him watch as I tortured his entire family and the more he screamed the slower I went. At the end he swore he would kill me, I just laughed. I said, 'You're too weak. There is no way you could hurt me.' He replied, 'watch me Black Wolf. I will kill you.' I laughed again and left. He followed me and I ignored him. Laughing every time he tried to fight me."

Devona had tears in her eyes now. She didn't know why. Maybe because it hurt Urufu to talk about it. He was still glaring at Kouner. Bending over, almost in her face.

He then smiled and stood up straight. "Don't forget that next time." He then turned to walk out. That's when they heard the explosion. The blast threw Urufu against the wall. They all jumped to their feet. Kouner and Tenshi ran out. Urufu got up in pain and looked at Devona who was heading toward the door. He stopped her.

She looked at him. "You stay here. We can't let you get hurt," Urufu told her.

"But Akki. You are already hurt. You can't fight now. You'll get yourself killed."

He smiled. "That's my job." He followed the others out and shut the door. Devona was left alone in the cabin by herself.

=^-^=

Mushin was floating above the forest and laughing at her so called, "art." Her "art" to her was destroying the forest and everything in it."It's so beautiful. Watching the people of Kiranai Hebun suffer!" Her laughter grew. She looked down where a little house was."Aww, the little safe house. The only place in Kiranai Hebun that I can not go. Or so they think." Mushin flew to it. Unaware of what lied below her.

"MUSHIN!" a voice yelled. She looked down to see five people starring up at her. She laughed. She recognized one of them. Urufu Akki.

"Well, it seems I have found you Akki. My searching is over!" Mushin then laughed and got closer to the ground.

"Well, Mushin, you picked the wrong people to fight with!" Kouner yelled up at Mushin as she held up her left arm with their star bracelet. Tenshi did the same.

Mushin giggled. "You think those little bracelets can stop the great Mushin?! HA!" Mushin made a giant ball of black fire and threw it at Kouner and Tenshi. Kouner grabbed Tenshi and jumped out of the way. They hit the ground safely just as Mushin's fire ball hit the ground and made a huge explosion.

"I don't believe it," Boya whispered. Kiei looked over at Boya. Surprise was all over his face. "How the hell can she have black fire? There is no such thing!"

"Trust me, with Mushin anything is possible," Urufu replied.

Kiei glared over at him. He then pulled his ball and chain up from his side. "Well, I for one am not going to let that scare me."

He glared up at Mushin. Fire was all around her and seemed to consume her. The fire then disappeared to reveal Mushin in perfect shape. "Well, are you just going to stand there or are you at least going to try and fight back?!"

Kiei laughed. "Never get on my bad side Mushin."

"Why not?"

"I'll show you why!" Kiei yelled. He then started to swing the ball and chain up around his head. "Genki mari!" Kiei yelled. A bright green energy ball appeared around his ball-n-chain. Glowing so bright, Tenshi had to cover her eyes. The others found it bright as well, but weren't going to take the chance of Mushin getting them. The Ball made its way quickly toward Mushin. She just laughed as it hit her. A long silence followed. Kiei smiled in content. Thinking he had got her. Akki knew better. A red fire ball was sent from the green ball to Kiei. He screamed and was knocked back to a tree. Hitting hard he was almost knocked out. He began to groan. Akki eyes flew from Kiei to Mushin.

Mushin laughed again. "You all really think you can destroy me?! You're so weak, and pitiful! I should leave you alone because it's too sad for me to fight you."

Akki growled in frustration. She's worse then before...Akki though to himself. I guess I better fight her. He leapt into the air. His sword ready. Mushin watched him in amassment. "Hikari kiru!" yelled as he lowered his sword toward her. A beam of light shot from his sword and toward Mushin. She didn't laugh this time. She seemed too shocked. She held up her hand as if to block it.

It didn't work. The light through her hand. Leaving a hole in it with blood dripped down the sides like water. Mushin stared at her hand in amazement. "Nani..."she whispered to herself. Akki hit the ground finally. He glared at Mushin. Her hand was shaking now. "How?" Mushin growled. Akki knew she was talking to herself and ignored her comment. Mushin gave a wicked smile. Her eyes were fixed on Akki. You better watch yourself! I can still control you. She laughed once more.

Akki looked over at Kouner. She was standing there in shock. "It's not good for me to be here. I'll go check up on the Princess. Think you can handle her."

Kouner nodded with a smile. "We'll kick her ass. Don't worry."

=^-^=

Devona looked around the little safe house. She didn't feel very safe. With a battle going on outside, knowing the people for whom she had just met were fighting for their lives. It didn't feel too safe at all. Explosions were heard outside. First one, then another one which seems so much more powerful then the first was heard afterwards. The noises scared Devona. With everyone she kept thinking that someone could be dead. The door to the safe house flew open. Devona gasped and quickly moved to the corner. From around the door came a dark figure. Its glowing eyes fixed on her.

"Why are you scared? You aren't the one fighting are you?" the voice asked. She knew who it was now.

Akki.

"Oh Akki. Is it over? Please tell me it is," Devona said as she stood up and made her way out of the corner.

"No, it's not over," he replied. He shut the door and turned to Devona again.

"Then why are you here...?" Devona asked. It didn't make any sense for him to be here if the battle wasn't over. Was he not as powerful as he had made himself to seem?

He narrowed his eyes are her. "That is none of your concern. Be glad I AM here. Other wise you would still be all alone."

Akki sat down on the ground. Hidden in the darkness with his eyes fixated on a spot on the wooden floor. Devona couldn't even see his eyes now. His dark hair hid them.

"Are we...winning?" Devona asked slowly. Not sure if it was the right question or not. She knew as soon as she said it that it wasn't.

Akki snickered. "How can we win? They'll probably die and they know it. None of their attacks are doing shit to her. I'm the only one who actually hurt her."

"Then why...?"

"Why am I here? Would you like to be all alone? Find your star point all by yourself and not be able to fight anyone until you do?"

"You think they are going to die don't you?!"

"I don't think it Devona. They are weak and for Tenshi this is her first fight. They have no experience. Mushin is going to kill them in no time." Devona had tears in her eyes from his words. How could he say such things about the others? He was the one who ran away.

"You're a coward!" Devona yelled at him. His eyes flew up to her in shock. "That's it isn't it?! You knew you were going to die so you ran away! You left them to DIE!"

Akki quickly rose to his feet and peered down at Devona. She wasn't afraid of the taller man. To her he was nothing more then a scared little coward.

"You have no IDEA! I would've stayed if I..."

"IF YOU WHAT?! Weren't scared?!"

"NO! I would've stayed if Mushin didn't still have some control of me!" As soon he said it, he looked away from her in shame. Devona almost felt a little sorry for him. But she was too shocked to say anything. Kouner told her that he had sold his soul to some demon. She never said it was to Mushin.

"You...sold your soul to Mushin? Even though you knew what she was capable of doing! Akki how could you?"

He didn't reply. He was still looking away from Devona. In shame. His hands were made into tight fists. His eyes moved over to her. Just looking at her out of the corners. "I was nieve. I was in so much heart break from loosing Ako. I ran across someone who said they could take away my pain. My gilt. Funny though, you never loose the pain or gilt. I though I could." Pausing for a second he turned his head back toward Devona. "I was selfish. So I told them to take away my pain. The only way that could be done was to make me a mindless killer. An evil bastard. I don't expect you to feel sorry for me, or want you to. I just feel you should know the truth Devona. It's why I act the way I do."

Devona was surprised by his words. She didn't feel sorry for him totally. It just seemed like he had a hard life...OK. Maybe she did pity him, but he was right. There was no reason to. He made some mistakes and it seemed like he would do anything to make up for them. "Oh Akki..." Devona whispered. Quickly, she made her way toward him and threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly.

He seemed to be shocked at first. Slowly, he gave in and eventually his arms were around her as well. This was different to Devona. For some reason it seemed so special. Maybe because she had started to break down Akki's barrier. Maybe...

"Akki. You shouldn't let Mushin's treats stop you from helping them. They need your help and as you said. You were the only one who even put a scratch on her. She fears you. She playing with your head."

"Devona, you don't understand. She can control me, she did it before..."

"Then why hasn't she done it already? Akki, you got to at least try and see if she is lying or not. We can't just let them die!"

Akki pulled out of the hug and looked down at Devona. "You're right Princess. We can't stand here and let them die. I'm going to go fight..."

"All right!"

"And you're going with me."

"What?"

"Devona, you have to get used to fighting. It's the only way you are going to make it. If you don't see a battle now, you'll never get used to it." She stood there for second. Running his words through her head. He was right. With a reluctant sigh she agreed with a slight nod. It seemed as if Akki wasn't taking any chances. As soon as she nodded, he had flung the door open and was already running toward the others. Devona had to struggle to keep up.

"Will you slow down!" Devona yelled after him. He stopped and waited for her to catch up to him. When she was at his side, he took off again. This time staying next to her. Devona could see a huge mound of black smoke piling above the trees. It looked like a huge swarm of black flies. Twisting and changing shape every second.

Akki growled to himself when he saw it. "How can she do this to our beloved land. Not only that...the first constellation. This is sick." Devona looked over at him. He looked very mad. She had never seen him like this. Well, she hadn't known him that long, but still. Whatever this constellations were, they seemed very important.

As they came over a hill, the others came into view. Kiei was huddled on the ground, holding his side in enormous pain. Devona had never seen him so serious. Kouner as beat over next to him. Her arm wrapped tightly around her stomach. Lovely strands of red flew across her face, hiding its exotic beauty.

Tenshi and standing in front of Mushin, holding what seemed to be a butter knife. The little girl was trying to make herself look bigger. All most as if she were a cat with the hair on her back standing on ends. Boya was sitting down not more the 20 yards from Tenshi. His hand lay on his right eye, with blood trickling down the corner of his hand.

Mushin made a funny look at Tenshi. As all most pitying her. "You're so young. So full of life and adventure." She sighed. "Too bad I have to kill you!" Mushin quickly lifted her left hand. Palm facing Tenshi. An evil smirk came across Mushin's face. "DIE!!" She yelled at the top of her lungs.

It was as if they all saw it in slow motion. The bolt of blackness running through Mushin's arm as it became tense. None of them could move. Devona and Akki were more then 100 yards away. Kouner and Kiei were too hurt. The only one close enough was Boya.

No thought. Only Action.

It was a time where there was no thought process. Only action. Boya leapt to his feet. Trusting himself in front of Tenshi. Facing her, his back to Mushin. Black. A beam of black light shot from Mushin's hand. Hitting both of them. Straight through Boya, to Tenshi. Straight through Tenshi to the ground behind her.

"TENSHI!" Kouner called out from the point where she was running toward the two now huddled on the ground.

"YOU MONSTER! She was just a child!" Devona yelled up to Mushin. She was now down on her knees. Akki was still running toward the two as well.

Tears.

Tears streamed down all of their faces. Devona looked at Kiei who was still sitting on the ground in shock. His eyes wide with little sparkles running down his face as well. He looked as if he were thinking, "If she did this to a little girl, what would she do to us?"

Mushin laughed. "The girl wouldn't become stronger. She was just suppose to be a lesson for you all. I had no idea he would throw himself in the way. Two birds with one stone as the old saying goes. But, I think enough of you have died for one night. I'll see you later." Mushin laughed again. Her laugh flowing across the valley. Thundering loudly. She disappeared once more.

"Tenshi...wake up..." Kouner whispered to the small girl who now lay in her arms. They all knew there was no way anyone could survive that blast. You could've stuck your hand through both of their bodies. Devona slowly made her way other to Akki and Kouner. They both looked so weak. Mourning over stronger allies. Ones that faced Mushin and lost their lives. Tenshi was so young too. "I will avenge your death Tenshi. I will not let the evil bitch kill you and get away with it. No way," Kouner told her friend.

Devona looked down at her. Her light brown eyes were hidden by the dark shadow of her hair. The only sign that they ever existed were the tears.

Moving her eyes, she found Akki kneeling next to Boya's body. Devona couldn't see his face. She couldn't see his tears if he had any that was.

"This will not happen again," Akki growled from where he sat. "NO ONE stands to Mushin alone you hear?!" Kouner turned her head to Akki and nodded slowly.

"Yes..." Devona said, her voice cracking halfway through saying it. Kiei was no where near them so they had no idea what he had said or even if he hear Akki. They each figured it was a silent agreement between them all.

Never again....

=^-^=

NEXT: Moving Toward Destiny