Fan Fiction ❯ Kiranai Hebun-Year One ❯ Part Five-Princess of Illusion ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Year One-Part Five

Princess of Illusion

**WARNING** There are some adult scenes in Part 5. Be aware.

Kiei sighed greatly as the three made their way down the long path. They had just made their way from Athens and he had been complaining about how he was never going back. To this, Akki would snap and yell at Kiei telling him that Devona and himself did all the work.

"I hate walking..." Kiei complained again. Though, this time it was about something else.

"OH! Stop complaining. You really are a baby if you can't stand walking for thirty minutes. I swear Kiei..." Kouner sighed.

"EXCUSE ME!" Kiei snapped at her, "But I AM royalty!! I AM NOT USED TO WALKING!"

"Oh be quiet!" they all yelled this time.

They walked for a few minutes in silence. Kouner watched the trail around them. Small animals wondered freely around them As if they didn't even notice that they were there. Just continuing on their days as if it were any other.

"So, Urufu, any idea where we are going?" Kouner asked. Akki shook his head. None of them had a clue where they were going. Still, they continued to walk.

Devona watched a little squirrel following her on the trail. It seemed to walk in sync with her every move. She giggled and waved to the little animal. It stopped and stared at her funny. Devona stopped as well.

"Hi there little guy. Sorry, I don't have any food to give you if that is what you want," Devona said to it. It cocked it's head to the side and blinked.

Akki stopped as well and looked back at Devona. She seemed to be lost in the conversation with the squirrel.

"Devona...?" Akki said hesitantly.

"Huh?" In hearing this the other two stopped and looked back. Watching Devona for a few seconds, then lowering their hands to the weapons.

"Dev-chan...back away from the squirrel..." Kiei told her.

She looked up at him blankly. "Why? It's so cute."

"Devona, move."

"WHY?!"

Kouner made a strange scared sound and took a step back. Akki and Kiei stood their ground. Keeping their glaring eyes on Devona. Her eyes were blank like a black abyss. The squirrel was now on her shoulder, as if it were a pet. It's eyes were the same black color of Devona's. The squirrel seemed to chatter something to Devona and she slowly nodded.

Suddenly, she launched herself toward Akki, as if she were attacking him with her nails. As soon as she moved, Kiei screamed and hid behind Kouner. Akki continued to stand his ground, and reached for his sword.

"URUFU!! ARE YOU NUTS!! SHE'S THE PRINCESS YOU CAN'T HURT HER!!" Kouner screamed. Kiei would have said the same, but was too busy shaking.

Akki quickly drew his sword just as Devona hit him and dug her nails it. In one quick motion, Akki sliced off the squirrels head. Sending it rolling to the ground one way, and it's body the other. Devona blinked her eyes as they changed back to their original blue color. Waking to find herself against Akki's body.

She blushed, remembering nothing of the squirrel situation. Swiftly, she pushed herself away from Akki, and turned her back to him. Hoping he didn't see her blushing. It was then she saw the dead squirrel on the ground, with it's head severed.

She gasped and turned back around to face the others. Kiei, who was still hiding behind Kouner, was shaking and making a strange whining noise.

"What happened?" Devona asked.

"That squirrel thing had control of you or something along those lines. So Urufu had to kill it," Kouner responded.

Devona turned to Akki. "Is that true?"

"Yes, it is true. If I wouldn't have done it, you would have clawed me to death."

Devona shook her head, "I am so sorry. I don't remember any of it."

"Don't worry Princess. It's taken care of now."

Devona sighed. She wasn't sure if it was because she was happy, or because she was scared. Slowly, she started toward the others. Walking past Akki, to stand in front of Kouner. They were all looking past her, at something behind her.

Blinking a few times before she moved, Devona turned her head back to see a young girl and boy examining the dead squirrel's body. Abruptly, she turned back to face them. In their little hands they were each holding a part. The head was held by the boy, and the body by the girl. Eyes locked on the part that they held. Not with sadness, but with curiosity.

"You were right sister," the boy commented. "You knew the man would remove it's head."

"Yes brother," the girl replied. "I had heard he likes to kill quickly. So the victim doesn't feel much pain. The heat of light from the sword makes the death fast and easy."

Devona's eyes fell to the sword. There was hardly any blood on it. The heat must have stopped the bleeding. Her eyes glanced around to see scarily any blood spattered about. Petite drops here and there, that was it.

The two children stood up, turned, and walked away. Leaving the guardians and their Princess standing there is shock.

"WHO THE HELL WERE THEY!?" Kiei yelled at the top of his lungs. Kouner rolled her eyes and went to stand next to Devona. Akki was glaring at the spot where the children had been. Wondering how they knew what they did.

"Urufu, how do you think they knew about you so much? An old member of your pack?" Kouner asked. With a glance toward him, waiting for his answer.

Took him a while, as if he were processing the information through his head. "I have no idea Kouner. Maybe they just know about Koudo."

"Koudo?" Devona asked.

Kouner turned to her. "It's the name of the sword."

"It has a name?"

Kouner sighed. "Of course it has a name. It's Japanese for 'intensity of light'. "

"Strange name."

Kouner was up in Devona's face now. "IT IS NOT STRANGE!! It is a sacred sword of Kiranai Hebun! You say it to anyone else and they would understand and respect it!"

"Geez, I was just asking. You don't have to get all protective an stuff. It's not even your sword. I don't see why you care."

Akki snickered a bit. "Sounds to me like Devona has been around Kiei too much."

Kiei immediately stopped shaking and jumped in front of Akki. Getting in his face. "WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN!"

Akki ignored Kiei and started walking to where the kids went. The others pursue after him. "We have to find those kids and find out what is going on," Akki stated.

=^-^=

The two children walked into the palace. The palace was hidden deep inside the cave. Little candles aligned on the wall served all the only light. Everything looked as if sunlight had never touched it. They walked onto a huge golden door. The little boy used his free hand to touch the door. It opened inward, just by the slightest touch. They walked into a dark room. Again, only lit by the candles. A thrown was at the end. The person who occupied it was hidden in the dark.

They walked to her and bowed. In their frail hands, they still held the animal body parts. Awaiting review of it's body.

"Princess, we have brought to you the animal killed by the wolf," The girl said with a pause. "As you requested."

"Did it control that Itsutsu Hime?" the Princess asked from where she sat in the darkness."

"Very much so Princess," the boy replied. "She even attacked the wolf. Almost as if she thought she could win."

The Princess was shocked by this. "And...he let her?"

"Yes," they both responded.

"Incredible. He certainly has changed." She paused and rested her head on her hand. Being propped up by her elbow. The ends of her roseate hair were visible now. Just as well as her light white skin. Also looking as if it had not seen sun in years. "The Tiger Prince...is he with them too?"

"Yes. He acted just as you said he would. He hid behind the bird girl," the girl laughed. "It truly is amazing for royalty to act like that. Is it not Princess?"

"Give him a while to mature. He will come to. You wait and see."

"From the way he acted, he has a lot of maturing to do," whispered the little boy. But the Princess still heard him and laughed. A lethal laugh, as if she knew something that no one else did. This was true.

"We haven't had men for a while have we children?" she asked with a smile.

"No Princess."

"We will truly enjoy them...well, at least I will."

"Yes, Princess Meimu."

=^-^=

The four came to a small cave in a mountain. The size seemed for only a small child to get through. Akki surveyed the area. Looking to see if there was any other place they could have gone. There was none.

He smiled and looked to Kiei. "All right Kiei, you go in first. Once in...find a way to make the hole bigger."

"ARE YOU NUTS?!" Kiei yelled at the top of his lungs.

Kouner and Devona both bopped him over the head, knocking him to the ground. "You want them to hear you?" they both asked.

"No...oww..."

"Well Kiei, you are the youngest and smallest. Besides Devona, and she is the Princess, so we can't send her in. So, that means you go!" Akki said with a sarcastic smile.

"Why not you?"

"Because I am the oldest, and best fighter. We can't risk me dying."

"You're scared..."

"No I'm not! I have assigned you this mission and you are to do it!"

Kiei grumbled as he made his way to his feet. Slowly he walked over to the cave and looked in. There was a long drop once in. Kiei pulled his head out of the hole and laughed strangely. "Isn't there anyway we can make the hole just a bit bigger. Then, give me a parachute or something..."

Kouner and Akki glared at Kiei and crossed their arms. Then pointed to the hole behind Kiei. Laughing insecurely, he turned back to the hole. He cautiously walked up to the hole and stuck his head in again.

He gulped and began to try and pull himself through. But, he got stuck.

"AHH!" he screamed. "I'm stuck!!"

"I told you not to eat so much back at that restaurant! Now you know why!" Kouner snapped.

"Come on Kiei. You can do it, don't be a baby," Akki sighed. This made Kiei angry, and he tried to pull himself into the hole, but he still wouldn't budge. He was about ready to give up, figuring he was going to spend the rest of his life in this tiny hole. No food...no sun...no air...no Princess.

Suddenly, he felt a hand on his butt, pushing him into the hole. He slowly began to move. "GET YOUR ASS IN THERE!" Kouner yelled loudly.

"Aww, Kouner. I had no idea you felt that way about me," Kiei said(pervertedly).

"Shut up and just get in all ready," mummered Akki. Who was now pushing on Kiei as well.

"HEY!! AKKI! I don't want you touching my ass!" Kiei yelling, waving around his arms.

Neither one of them replied this time. Just gave him a giant push sending him flying from the hole and to the wall on the other side. He barely grabbed onto the wall with his claws before he fell. Over his shoulder, Kiei saw Akki draw his sword and begin to cut a bigger hole into the rock.

"Hey now!" whined Kiei.

"Sorry about that Kiei. We just wanted to push you around. No hard feelings," Kouner said with a smile as she jumped down the hole. Kiei growled and slowly began to slide down the wall to the bottom. They just wanted to make fun of me...I knew I didn't like them...he thought to himself. Now...I hate them.

=^-^=

"Hmm," Akki thought to himself. He looked around the dark cave. Kouner did the same thing. Kiei sat in the corner, silently. Devona sighed. They had been so mean to him. Not even seeming to care about how he felt...

"I see a path way," said Kouner. She started down the path and Akki quickly followed. Sighing, Kiei got to his feet. Devona walked over to him.

He looked down at her. Not saying anything. As if she wasn't even there, he followed after the others. Leaving Devona behind. She quickly chased after them. Going past Kiei and up next to Akki. As they got deeper into the cave, they began to lose light. Akki looked at Kouner, who nodded and raised her hand with the bracelet on it. She created a fire ball in her hand to light the way. Deeper and deeper they went into the Earth, not even sure what they are looking for.

"Akki?" asked Kouner. "Why are we doing this?"

"We have to find out how those little kids knew so much. Someone here could work for Mushin. Anyone we come across like that, we can't let live."

Kouner nodded and continued on the path. They continued until they got to a golden door. The door must have been almost 2 stories high into the side of the cave. Akki slowly out stretched his hand to touch the golden door. It made a loud creaking noise and slowly opened inward to reveal the palace inside the cave.

In side were tall golden pillars the same size of the door, maybe even taller. Around their base were tiny candles that lit the floor. Another band of candles toward the top, was the only light in the room.

The floor was a golden marble. Kouner looked down to see her own reflection looking back at her. At the end of the room sat a giant golden chair which was hidden in the darkness. They could only see the seat of the chair, and it's front legs which looked like dragons. Also, the legs of the person who sat in it.

Kiei stepped in front of Devona, protecting her. Akki made his way closer to the person. The woman sitting in the chair, raised her hand. Stopping him in his tracks.

"Who are you? Why do you enter my hidden kingdom?" asked the girl. Akki didn't know what to say, so he let Kouner step forward and answer.

"We are the guardians of the Itsutsu Hime. We saw two children and followed them here."

"Why?"

Kouner looked to Akki, who looked back at her. She looked to Kiei, who was still pissed off. Giving up on him she looked to Devona who shrugged her shoulders.

She laughed a bit and looked at the woman (her legs at least)

"Um...we don't know. Heh..."

"That is quite all right. I led you here," answered the woman with a laugh.

"What?!" the four of them said. Shocked apparently.

"I wanted to meet the three guardians and a Itsutsu no Hime." She stood up from the chair to be revealed as a beautiful white hair girl with hair just to her chin. She wasn't wearing much, and what she was wearing was barely covering her private areas. "Please Princess. Save my kingdom."

Kouner looked over to her shoulder to see Kiei's eyes wide and looked like he was drooling. Kouner narrowed her eyes and ran over to him and bopped him across the head. "YOU PERVERT!"

Kiei rubbed his head and glared at Kouner. "What did I do to deserve that?"

"You were being a pervert!"

"What about Urufu?!"

"He's not getting stiff about some girl who is not wearing much!"

"How do you know?!"

Kouner blinked for a second and ran over and bopped Akki over the head too. He glared at her and she giggled slightly.

"Please don't fight," said the woman. She had tears in her eyes now and one tear going down her cheek. "I don't want you to fight. I wish you to help me..."

Akki smiled. "We'll help you as much as we can ma'am."

Kiei quickly got up next to Akki, with a bigger smile on his face. "Anything for you!"

Kouner and Devona sighed from behind them. "Perverts.."

=^-^=

The woman, a Princess as she told them, led the four of them to two different rooms. Kiei grabbed Devona's hand and pulled her close to him. "I get to room with Devona this time Akki!"

"What did you call me!?" snapped Akki as he drew his sword. Kiei laughed nervously and pushed Devona to Akki.

"Nothing, heh, I'll be rooming with Kouner again."

Kouner sighed. "I feel special..."

Akki placed his sword back to his side and walked into the room to his right. Devona right behind him. Kouner walked up at bit to the other room, which was on the left. Kiei followed after her. Whispering in her ear when he got to her. "I am still pissed off at you."

Kouner turned to Kiei. "Kiei...I am sorry about that. I don't know why we did that to you. Maybe..." she sighed. "I don't know."

Kiei narrowed his eyes at her. Kouner sighed again and walked into the room which they were left with. Luckily this time, there was two beds in each room. They could sleep in peace.

=^-^=

Devona laid down on her own bed and hugged the pillow she had. Finally, maybe she could have a peaceful nights sleep in a bed of her own. Not on the ground, or sharing with someone else, on her own. She looked up at Akki who was sitting on the other bed. Looking as if he was pondering something.

"Akki?" Devona asked. He looked over at her. "Whatca thinking?"

"I was just wondering about this place. That Princess girl reminds me of someone that I knew a while back. I'm not sure who though...it's all so strange Dev."

"I think I understand, but not quite. She doesn't remind me of anyone I know, but people here kinda remind me of people from home. Like The Wizard of Oz or something."

Akki had a puzzled look. Tilting his head to the side like a confused dog. "What is The Wizard of Oz?"

She blinked several times before answering. "You've never heard of it?" He shook his head. "Do you people even have television!?" He shook his head again. "What the hell do you do when you are bored. Sit around and skip rocks?!"

Akki laughed at Devona's comment. It was the first time she had seen him do so. Was she breaking down his walls? Would she actually become closer to him? Could they...become a couple.

"You are silly girl Princess," he said with a smile. As soon as he said this, Devona knew she had no chance with him. She would be nothing more to him then the Princess...forever.

Devona decided to change the subject. "So...anyone know her name or something?"

"No, she never told us."

"And we are going to stay here and just assume that it is ok."

"Yup."

"She could kill us or something! She could...she could...she could be a rapist! I mean, look at what she was wearing! Come on."

Akki shook his head slowly. "I highly doubt that Devona. Besides, you wouldn't have to worry about that now would you?"

"STILL! I think you want her to rape you!"

"Maybe."

Devona growled. "Urufu Akki, you are a pervert."

He smiled and laid down on the bed. "Thank you Devona."

"You are almost acting like...KIEI!"

He shot a look over at her. "That is going too far!"

Devona crossed her arms and glared at him. "Maybe...maybe not. But I still think you want her to rape you."

"I told you, I don't think she is rapist Devona. Stop over reacting and go to sleep." He leaned over and blew out the candle over by his bed. Leaving him in the dark. Devona rolled her eyes and did the same thing. Laying down, and then going to sleep.

=^-^=

Footsteps were heard behind them. They turned to see the Itsutsu no Hime. Gasping, the little boy reach for his knife. The Hime raised her hand to stop him. Just like his Princess would.

"I even fooled my own subjects like this, I can easily fool the others," said their Princess. In the tongue of the Itsutsu no Hime. She smiled wickedly. "It is time for those men to join Mushin."

The children smiled and nodded. The Princess laughed slightly.

=^-^=

Kiei yawned and laid down on his bed. Alone for once. Thank God! Kouner had left to go get some changed or something . Kiei could finally be alone.

Or so he thought.

"Kiei?" a whisper asked from behind his door. He shot a glance over to the door. It began to open, golden hair was seen from the crack.

"Devona?" he asked, amazed. Wondering why the hell Devona would come and see him.

"Can I come in?" she asked softly, and sweetly.

"Sure."

The door slowly opened to reveal Devona standing there in a white robe. Something the Princess must have given her no doubt.

"Do you mind if I stay here with you? I couldn't sleep, and Urufu's snoring wasn't helping much."

"No, come on in. I'm sure Kouner won't mind."

"Why would she?"

Devona walked over, gracefully and sat on Kiei's bed. Looking up at him with her admirable blue eyes. All most begging him to reach out and touch them. This look from a girl who had looked the same way are Urufu...who seemed to be strongly attracted to Urufu. She was looking at him this way now, not Urufu.

"Kiei," she whispered, extending her hand toward him. He reach up and grabbed it quickly. Intertwining his fingers in hers. Wondering if this was really happening. A warm smile lit up her face as he touched her. She brought up her other hand and placed it on his cheek, before Kiei could intercept. He did the same with his free hand to her. They looked into each other's eyes for what seemed for ever.

Slowly, they grew closer to each other. Kiei lowered his hand from Devona's cheek to her hip. She smiled some more. Their lips touched, sending warmth all through Kiei's body. The kiss became more passionate and Kiei began to rub Devona's hip slowly and tenderly.

Devona pulled out of the kiss abruptly. Shocking Kiei, he looked up at her. She looked very serious and loving all at once. She lowered one side of the robe, exposing more of herself to him. He blushed greatly.

"I want you to make love to me Kiei," she said passionately. Lowering herself to him, exposing herself even more.

Something told him that it wasn't right. That he shouldn't do this, but it seemed so right. He began to kiss her again, putting both arms around her this time. Pulling her closer to him so that he could feel the warmth of her body against his. She kissed him deeply and wrapped her arms around his neck. Rubbing the back of his neck slowly.

=^-^=

Kouner walked around the halls of the castle. Alone and wanting to escape the argument with Kiei. She hated him being mad at her. The truth was, she really didn't know why Akki and her had done that to Kiei. It was horrible.

"Kouner?" a voiced asked from in front of her. Kouner looked up from the ground to see a figure standing in the darkness. It was Devona.

"Dev-chan, what are you doing?" Kouner asked with a yawn.

Devona yawned too. "I couldn't sleep, so I was going for a walk."

"Did Urufu let you?"

Devona made a funny face and looked away. "He doesn't know..."

"Devona! He's going to kill you if he finds out."

"Yeah, IF he finds out. And I would appreciate you not screaming so loud that he hear you."

Kouner nodded and turned to go back to her room. "Devona, I am going back to my room. I suggest you do that same."

Devona sighed heavily, "Fine."

Devona did so, and left Kouner alone again to worry about how she had treated Kiei earlier. She didn't know why, but she felt really bad about the entire thing. Some how, she had to find a way to make it up to him.

Maybe, let him play a joke on her or something. MAYBE! She would let him hit on her and her not hit him BACK! Yeah! He would like that. Or would he?

He seemed very interested in Devona. Urufu too. She guessed that is what you get when you travel with a great Itsutsu no Hime. One that every guy in the world seems to be in love with.

Kouner came to her room, and noticed the door was opened. She heard some strange sounds coming from the room. As if two people were kissing, and more.

Kouner peeked around the corner into the room to see a naked Devona sitting on the bed with a half naked Kiei. His shirt lie on the other side of the room, along with the band her wore around his head. Kouner stood there in shock. Devona, who was well aware that Kouner was there, turned back to Kiei. Pinning him down on the bed.

"Forget her. Make love to me Kiei, like you said you would." She began to kiss him again.

Kouner growled loudly and looked around for something. She found Kiei boot, and picked it up and threw it at Devona. It hit her hard in the back of the head.

"What the hell?" cried Devona as she grabbed her head. Glaring at Kouner out of the corner of her eye.

"YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING BACK TO YOUR ROOM YOU LYING BITCH! YOU SAID NOTHING ABOUT COMING HERE AND FUCKING KIEI!"

"Why the hell do you care?!"

"BECAUSE THIS IS MY ROOM TOO YOU KNOW!"

With all this shouting from both parties, it brought some more people to the room. The other Devona and Akki to be exact. Devona stared at the "naked her" on the bed, pinning Kiei down. Kouner looked quickly from one to the other.

"Which one is real?" Kouner asked. The Devona next to her hit her over the head hard.

"Me you idiot!"

They all watched in amazement as the other Devona became the other Princess. Her skin seemed to melt off as she returned to her true form. A huge smile of amusement on her face. Kiei stared in a dire shock. This was not Devona at all.

The Princess reach down and picked up the robe which laid next to her. She covered herself up with it. She then stood up and laugh wickedly.

"You all are so foolish. Didn't the freaky children give it away? Or that fact that the palace was far under the ground? Or even that you were so mean to Mr. Mouko for absolutely no reason at all." She raised her hand and the robe disappeared. Leaving her wearing a mid-drift leather top with a long red skirt. Which was made of Swede.

"They call me, Meimu Hanshin. It means Half dead illusion. I have the power to create illusions. I am truly the Princess of a fallen kingdom. Myself, and the two children you met earlier are all that remains. If you hadn't caught on by now, I work for Mushin. Very high in rank. I am one of her minions who helps her steal souls."

Her mouth raised in one corner, to form a wicked smile. "You do know how she steals souls don't you? She has to sleep with a person. Other wise, they just wear the collar and she controls them. Enough talk! NOW I WILL KILL YOU ALL!"

"Over my dead body!" screamed Kouner. She placed her arm in front of her. Whispering something with her eyes loosely shut. A flame shield appeared around herself, Akki, and the real Devona. The woman named Hanshin just laughed. Thrusting her hand toward Kouner.

They watched the woman, wondering what she was doing. Suddenly, giant black birds appeared from the air, and began to attack Kouner. Breaking through the shield of fire. Stabbing her with their long sharp beaks. She gasped and winced in pain.

"Urufu! Get Devona out of here!" she was just able to get out. Akki grabbed Devona's hand and ran from the room. Leaving Kouner and Kiei alone with Hanshin. Kouner dropped the shield of fire and the birds disappeared.

"You want to fight dirty eh?" Kouner asked. She placed her hand on the bracelet, and pulled out of it a large knife. "Then, I'll give you the fight you have been waiting for bitch."

Hanshin put her hands on her hips. "Bring it on."

=^-^=

Akki and Devona were running down the halls in the great hidden palace. Knowing that any place could be a trap. Akki found a room, hidden in the darkness. He opened the door, and motioned to Devona to stay. He drew his sword.

Slowly, he walked into the room. Waiting for any second when spikes would pop out of the wall, or soldiers would attack them, Nothing, it seemed almost too perfect.

From behind him, he heard something rolling. Glancing behind him, he saw a huge object swinging toward Devona from behind her. Her ears would never hear it.

He launched out toward her, and tackled her to the ground. Just in time for the ax like object to swing over them. Devona blinked several times, staring at Akki.

"Are you ok?" Akki whispered to her. She was barely able to get out a nod. He wasn't too happy about leaving the others to fight Hanshin, but Devona was the number one priority. If she died, everyone and everything died too.

He just hoped that they could take her.

=^-^=

The long battle had began. The Princess named Hanshin had the upper hand the entire time. Kouner lay on the ground now, cuts and bruises all over her body. Hanshin now held Kouner's knife in her hands and was making he way toward Kouner with it.

Kiei hadn't helped at all, he still sat on the bed in shock. Leaving Kouner to get beat by the Princess of illusions.

"Stop fighting me with your fucking illusions, you coward! Fight me yourself!" Kouner yelled at the girl.

Hanshin gained a terrible look on her face. She quickly went to her knees and put the knife to Kouner's throat. "You think I am not fighting you myself?! This is the way I fight! This IS who I am!"

Kouner looked down at her knife. It's red blade was going to take her life. Killed by her own weapon, a un-honorable way to die.

Just as Kouner thought that Hanshin would slit her neck, her attention was drawn else where. Hanshin's eyes looked away from Kouner, and to Kiei. He was now standing behind Hanshin, his ball and chain held firmly in his one hand.

"No one plays with my head like that and gets away with it. Definitely after hurting my friend!" he yelled at her.

A tear ran down Kouner's cheek. "Kiei..."

"You are a fool! To think you can take on the great power of Mushin! You will be the one to pay!" Hanshin raised her hand to face Kiei.

Kouner could see the darkness traveling down her arm. Just as it had done with Mushin. When she killed Tenshi and Boya not too long ago. Kouner had to stop this...she had to save Kiei!

"NO!" Kouner yelled. She grabbed her knife away from Hanshin's other hand. Hanshin paid no attention to her. As if Kouner were nothing more then a fly a simple house fly. Kouner quickly trusted the knife into Hanshin's arm that she was holding toward Kiei. The darkness stopped it's movement through the arm. Leaving Hanshin with a look of shock on her face, covered in pain.

"Bitch..." Hanshin was able to get out, barley. Kiei raised the ball and chain over his head. Ready to strike her and finish the whore off.

"Kiei...no," Kouner whispered. Shock appeared on his face. "Don't do it Kiei, don't be like her. Let her live with her pain..."

"Kouner! Are you crazy?! After what she did to me?!"

"Kiei..."

"She'll come after us, you do know that!"

"I will explain later."

Kouner brought her hand to the bracelet and touched it. Taking a small red bean looking thing into her hand. Quickly, she placed it into Hanshin's mouth, and made her small. Hanshin fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Come Kiei, let's go catch up with Akki and Devona."

=^-^=

The four of them continued on the road to no where. Akki and Kouner in front, Devona behind them, and Kiei far behind her. Maybe he was ashamed of what happened. It was the only thing that she could think of.

"You know Urufu, none of our battles have been that big. Just little fights. Nothing that big yet," Kouner said, sounding as if she were complaining.

"Well Kouner, we should be glad for that. The big battle is at the end," he replied.

"Yes..."

Devona was listening in on them, but not really paying attention. Out the corner of her eye, she was watching Kiei. Watching as he slowly dragged behind, his eyes firmly on the ground. Gradually, she slowed down her pace and ended up beside him.

"Hey Kiei, why so glum?!" Devona in a cheery voice. Hoping the cheeriness would transfer to him. It didn't he just looked up at her slightly. His head still lowered, facing the ground. "Aww, Kiei, it's not that big of a deal."

He laughed slightly. "Devona, I know you are just trying to cheer me up. But, I know the truth." He looked toward her, turning his head to her. "Every time you look at me, you think of what I did. What I almost did...probably wondering if I would have done the same thing to you...heh. They are right I am a pervert." He then looked away from her again.

"Kiei, I know that Hanshin seduced you. She made you think I...I wanted you to sleep with me. I know you are attracted to me..."

"It's much more then that Devona," he interrupted her. "I am in love with you."

Devona stared at him, her eyes wide. She had no idea that he cared about her like that. She knew that he liked her, that he cared about her. Though, That he loved her had never entered her mind...

"Oh Kiei..."

All this time, she had been so busy with Akki, she never even noticed that Kiei loved her. Maybe, Kiei was the one she should be with. Maybe Kiei was the one she should go after, not Akki. Who did she really care for?

"Hey, Devona, come here for a second!" called out Akki. The call awoke Devona from her daze, and went up to join them.

She looked up at Akki, to find he was looking down at her sadly. "Just leave him alone for a while Devona. I think he needs some time to get over it," he whispered. She nodded slowly. Poor Kiei, Devona felt bad for him. She was the reason this happened, his feelings for her caused this.

Her eyes fell to the ground in shame. It would be better if she just left them all. Or would that just make them even sadder?

No, Devona thought to herself. I will not run away from this. No matter what happens. There is nothing I can do about it. Just live with it and hope it works out.

=^-^=

Hanshin awoke not to long after they left. The two children were at her side.

"We are sorry Princess, they escaped," explained the little boy.

"We thought you would enjoy killing them more," the girl continued.

"Yes children, thank you for that." Slowly, she rose to her feet and made a fist. "I want to be the one who kills those guardians and that damn Princess of theirs!"

=^-^=

NEXT: Search for the Star Point