Fan Fiction ❯ Lang-Fa's Floral Sweater ❯ Chapter 3

[ A - All Readers ]
As Sup Yun planned, Lang Fa did come back during the sixth month.
“Now you can certainly give back my sweater because summer has arrived. It’ll be too warm for a wool sweater,”
“True, but there will still be winds a little rain,”
“Believe me, there’ll be no more winds or rain,”
“Are you sure?”
“Well, not really...”
“Then you’ll never know. Also, I...sort of... lost it,”
“You lost my favorite sweater?!”
“I am oh so sorry. At first, my second oldest brother was teasing me about how I always wear the sweater all the time and when I took it off, he took the sweater and threw it up a tree, but he would not tell me which one,”
“You fool! Did you try looking for it?”
“Yes, in fact, exactly three times. You may look for yourself,” suggested Sup Yun.
“You know? Maybe I will!” and Lang Fa climbed every tree in sight looking for her sweater, until the sun started to set.
“Oh just my luck. I’ll never find my sweater now,”
Sup Yun stifled her laugh, “Tell you what. I will continue to look for it for one hundred days. Then you may come by again to see if I found it or not. Deal?”
“I don’t see why not. I’ll see you again in one hundred days. Goodnight,”
“You too,” replied Sup Yun as she saw Lang Fa slumping down the mountainside.
Sup Yun went inside and started laughing loudly because she tricked Lang Fa again. Then she went into her bedroom, grabbed the sweater, hugged its soft, fluffy wool, and laughed some more.
***
Once again, it was time for Lang Fa to get back her sweater.
“I wonder what excuse it is this time,” she sighed as she knocked on Sup Yun’s door. This time , Gheek Jorn answered it.
“Yes? How can I help you?”
“Is Sup Yun there?”
“Oh. You must be the girl who always comes by each start of a season. Sorry. If you’re looking for my little sister, you missed her a month ago,”
“Where is she now?” asked Lang Fa.
“My little sister got married and is now living with her husband in southeastern China,”
“Oh... SUP YUN! How are you going to give back my sweater now?!”
“Before you go, my sister wanted to give you this letter,” Gheek Jorn smiled and said, “Have a nice autumn day, Miss.”
Lang Fa unfolded the letter and it read:
Dear Li Lang Fa,
If you got this letter, that means you
caught on to my plan. Gosh, you are dumb!
You should have known that I wanted to keep
the beautiful sweater the whole time. I even
got married to a handsome man with your
sweater!
Again, you are a gullible person and will
always be tricked by flattery.
Good luck without your sweater,
Sut Sup Yun
“Oh how I hate that witch! How dare she outsmart a Li! All the Wongs and Suts will be cursed Forever! I’ll seek revenge on you, Wong Sup Yun, so prepare for it!”
A week later, she forgets all about her revenge somehow. In fact, she even forgets about the sweater too. That is, because her lover gets her another sweater just like the one that was “stolen” by Sup Yun.