Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: The Harp of Dreams ❯ Invasion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own The Legend of Zelda, or any of it's characters. I REALLY wish I did, but, then again, don't we all ?
 
Chapter 1
 
-Invasion-
 
 
 
 
 
 
The dark, cold sky had no clouds at all. The wind blew fiercely at the tree branches all over the kingdom of Zahra. A tall figure was standing near the tallest tree, his cloak bathed in the full moon's light. A tiny man came running to the tall figure's side.
 
“I'm sorry, my lord!” said the tiny man “I was kept in a meeting with my troops. They are ready, we attack at dawn!”
 
“Patience, Agnahim. You must keep your troops ready for my command. I do not wish to attack tomorrow...”
 
“But, my lord! You said it yourself when we last met! The sooner, the better! What if Harkinian discovers our plan ? He can have us both killed!” he sounded almost desperate.
 
“No. Agnahim, you must listen to me. You and your troops attack in three days.”
 
“But.. lord Ganondorf! That is the engagement dinner at the castle... why don't we..”
 
“That's exactly why it must be in three days. They won't be expecting it.. Now you must go back, before someone sees you here in the desert. Naborou is loyal to Harkinian.”
 
“Yes, my lord! In three days, we will have our revenge! Luongoria will finally take over Hyrule again. Hyrule, Zahra and Luongoria will be one again!” he stated before he vanished in thin air.
 
“I wouldn't be so sure, Agnahim..Muahahaha” Ganondorf's cold, evil laugher echoed in the winds...
 
The winds carried that laugher to the green fields of Hyrule, where it faded away. The sun was rising like pure gold blinking under lake Hylia. Birds where singing and flying towards the most beautiful mountain crater. Gorons worked in their blacksmith city. Zora's Domain was empy, since it was the season for fishing, and the castle town market was even noisier than it was the whole year.
 
People everywhere where excited about the coming engagement party that was about to take place in Hyrule Castle. Princess Zelda, King Harkinian's daughter, was going to get married to Prince Protomien, son of King Alberto, ruler of the nearby kingdom of Phalagya. King Harkinian was working very hard as a ruler; Soon, Hyrule was going to unite forces with Phalagya and with the desert kingdom of Zahra, whose leader Ganondorf, of the Gerudo tribe, had great influence in many kingdoms. The only thing that seemed to be the problem was the kingdom of Luongoria. The king of Luongoria, Agnahim, was known to be a powerful sorcerer. He wanted to take over all kingdoms and rule alone.
Rumors said he was planning an attack against Hyrule soon enough, but the hylian citizens knew the troops were very well prepared for that.
 
A huge royal Caravan was entering the castle town market. Royal trumpets announced their arrival. The main wagon was made of a dark stone that resembled marble, it was very rich in details of pure emerald. It was probably where the King, prince and princess of Phalagya were travelling. There were also two other smaller wagons, that probably brought supplies and clothing. All the market salesman and women had stopped to watch. The wagons were pulled not by horses, but by white creatures that resembled dragons. There were man and women, probably maids and soldiers, on top of each creature. Phalagyans were very different from Hylians. The men were very tall and strong and the women all had blue hair. Hylians where normal sized and all had blue eyes.A hylian with different eye color was considered really rare.
 
Near the entrance to the Temple of Time, a 20 year-old girl was selling milk and eggs. Well, she had dropped a basket full of eggs when she heard the royal trumpets. She was completely taken by the the beautiful creatures that pulled the royal wagons.
 
“Hey Link! Come take a look at this” she said as she shook her long, black braided hair from shoulder. “Quickly! Or you'll loose it!”
 
A blond 17 year-old boy emerged from under the rented balcony where the milk boxes were stocked.
 
“What? The Phalagyan idiots have arrived, is that it ?” he asked annoyed “Really Navi, you shouldn't wake me up for that kind of thing!”
 
“Link! Mind your manners! Inside that wagon is the future king of Hyrule!” she said excited “He is going to become engaged to Princess Zelda in three days... I heard they are going to have a large party at the castle, and only the leaders of the tribes and their families are invited... I wish I could go...” the girl named Navi told her friend
 
“SERIOUSLY Navi... beleive me, you wouldn't want to go to a royal party... its all full of royal highnesses and you have to keep bowing all the time.. “
 
“But I've seen Princess Zelda on the weekly temple gather... she doesn't seem so bad.. maybe this “royal people are arrogant” stuff is just a rumor..”
 
“Nah.. they are all the same...” Link stated as he gathered the milk from the balcony.
 
“Come on cousin, we need to get back to the farm... get things ready for tomorrow..” he told Navi.
 
They gathered the eggs and the crops they had not sold and took off.
 
 
“Your Majesty, King Alberto of the Kingdom of Phalagya!” announced the Sheikah messenger, as the old king entered the throne room in Hyrule castle.
 
“Your Royal Highness, Prince Protomien!” he announced again, now as a young blue haired, tall young man entered the room.
 
“Your Royal Highness, Princess Lavinia!” he finally said as a young woman now entered the room.
 
The young Sheikah bowed and left as King Harkinian stood and greeted the newcomers.
 
“Goddesses, Lavinia, how have you grown!” he said as he kissed the woman's hand. “Alberto, welcome, my friend!” he shook the old man's hand.
 
“And...”he continued “My future son-in-law...” he said as he hugged the young prince. “Welcome all of you! Dinner will be served in a few moments. Now, I'm sorry Lavinia and Protomien, I have to talk to your father about the uniting ceremony that will take place soon after the wedding 6 months from now..”
 
“Please your Majesty, tell me where Zelda is..” the young man asked, not able to contain himself.
 
“She is waiting for you in the courtyard, dear boy... Lavinia, Impa will guide you to your bed chamber.” He mentioned the Sheikah that had just walked in the room.
 
Prince Protomien walked in a fast pace towards the courtyard. There was more than one of course, but he knew exactly where she was waiting for him. In her courtyard, the most beautiful courtyard he had ever seen. It matched he beauty. Zelda was very unusual, even for a Hylian. She had violet eyes, unusual. She had the most perfet skin, very pail, no freckles at all, unusual again. She had golden blond wavy hair, unusual, at least for a Hylian. She was tall and had some kind of passion inside her. She didn't even act like a Princess.. That was what he loved about her. She was so... different.
 
He finally got to her courtyard, it was already early night. She was there, by the small fountain, looking at her reflex at the water. As soon as she heard him come in she ran and embraced him. She missed him so much. She loved him so much. She could still remember the first time they met.. it was three years before and as soon as she saw him with his well built figure and blue hair, dark eyes, she was completely taken. `I'm lucky' she thought. Not many Princesses have choices, and nor did she. She just happen to fall for her father's chosen one.
 
“I missed you so much Protomien...” she said as she looked passionatly into his dark eyes.
 
`She is beautiful' he thought as he caressed her cheek with his right hand. He still held her tiny waist with his left. He kissed her passionatly. A kiss that could last forever.
 
“ummm...” a sweet voice said before they broke apart. “I'm sorry, but the dinner is served” announced the Sheikah girl
 
“Yes Mariele, we'll be there in a minute..” Zelda told her, she she nodded and left.
 
“So.. how was your trip ?”she asked her fiancee as they started towards the dinning chamber.
 
“It was tiring... but it was worth it..” he said as he stopped and looked at Zelda.
He hadn't paid attention to her elegant violet dress, that matched her eyes, or to her hair, that was tied in a bun.
 
“All of this is for me ?” he asked playfully
 
Zelda laughed at this and started walking again. She was happier than she had been in a while. She had been too worried with dreams she was having. She thought it was a prophecy, and if it was, it was a bad thing. Her dream showed Hyrule in dark times. She had never been wrong with her prophecies before, but she wasn't sure this was a prophecy. Her prophecies were very specific. She couldn't even tell who would try to take over Hyrule. She shook that thought off her head as she entered the dinning room with her love.
 
 
“It's just a rumor Harkinian!” said king Alberto as he paced around the chamber of meetings.
 
“I know, I know” said the king of Hyrule
 
“So why are you so worried ?” he continued to tell his friend “The Luongorian King won't do it, if he hasn't attacked yet..”
 
“My Sheikah messengers say the Loungorian troops are heading this way... now tell me Alberto, why ? Why would they be heading this way if the rumors aren't true ?”
 
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
 
“Come in” said the king
 
“The dinner is served your Majesty.” Said a Sheikah boy
 
“Yes, thank you, Makar... We can finish this conversation tomorrow Alberto...” he said as he led his friend towards the dinning room.
 
 
“Link! What happened ? What are you doing here ?” Navia asked her cousin as she sat beside him, on the grass.
 
“I had a bad dream... In my dream Hyrule was in a dark age..... and there was a girl...” he stopped. He could feel tears in his eyes. “She looked like Medli...”
 
Medli was Link's girlfriends, she had a lethal sickness that they didn't know about.. `and now she's dead..' thought Link. What made him sad, was that they discovered that many people had that sickness, but they took a potion and then they would be okay. Medli was very poor.. she couldn't afford the potion. `that is part of the past' thought Link.
 
“It's okay to miss her.. I know you loved her very much...” Navi comforted him.
 
“Navi.. I wonder if we are going to earn money someday... If we are going to have a better life.. If we are going to leave this place..”
 
“Hey there.. You make it sound like it's a bad place to live... I thought you told me rich people were all snobby all the time..”
 
Link laughed at this. “Yeah, I did.. But we wouldn't be snobby.. we would help poor people...”
 
Navi looked at Link. `poor kid' she thought. Loose someone so close to you at such a young age..
 
“One day Navi.. I promise you... We are going to leave this place...”
 
 
 
Princess Zelda....... MUAUAUHAUHAUHAUHAUHUAHUAHUHAUHAUHAU......
 
Zelda woke up in a rush.
 
“I know that face...” she told herself. “It's him..”
 
She quickly undressed her nightgown and dressed one of her daily dresses. She concentrated really hard since her breathing was quickened. A moment later a purple light came of of her hands. She spoke to it: Father, I need to speak to you now. Meet me at the meeting chamber.
 
Twenty minutes later, king Harkinian entered .
 
“What is it Zelda ? I certainly wish that there is a good reason why you would wake me up in the middle of the night.” King Harkinian asked his daughter
 
“It's Ganondorf father! It's him, I know it!” she said desperatly
 
“Nonsense! Zelda, lord Ganondorf is our friend! He is trying with all his might to convince Agnahim to join us as an united nation...”
 
“Is he, really ? Are you sure ? Or is that what he tells you ?”
 
“Zelda... please... the united meeting is in the day after tomorrow.. I'm am going to grant lord Ganondorf with a royal badge..”
 
Zelda couldn't believe that, she was desperate. How could her father be telling that to her..
 
“Father please, Listen to me! My prophecies have never been wrong... PLEASE trust me... it's all I ask of you right now...please” she cried
 
“I will think about what you have told me Zelda. Now try to go back to sleep, sweetheart.” And he left.
 
Zelda couldn't sleep anymore. She decided to watch the sun rising. It was something she loved to do.
 
 
 
“Zelda! Let's go... We've got to buy your dress before we go to the temple!” Lavinia pulled Zelda “come on!”
 
Zelda and Lavinia got to Madam Tatl, the old woman that was doing Zelda's dress, she welcomed them with a large smile.
 
“Welcome dear! Your dress is ready.. and it's beatiful!” she said as she got a lavender colored box from the top of a pile of boxes.
 
“Here it is...” Zelda and Lavinia gasped as they saw the dress. It was truly beatiful. It was white, embroidered with pearl lining and had little amethyst drops. After they payed for the dress, it was time for them to meet Rauru, the sage, to set the wedding date.
 
“Princess Zelda, Princess Lavinia, how please I am to have you here, came to set the wedding dates I presume ?”
 
“Yes lord Rauru, six months from now..”
 
“But why wait such a long time?” Rauru asked amazed. After all, six months is an awful lot of time.
 
“Father wants to wait the 6 meetings of the united nations before they really become united.” Said Zelda.
 
She didn't seem to think it was a good idea, and nor did Protomien. Their marriage had nothing to do with the united nations. Well, maybe it did, but they wanted to get married as soon as possible so they could be together. The distance killed them.
 
After they had set the dates with Rauru, Zelda and Lavinia decided to go back to the castle. Zelda wanted so much to spend time with Protomien. And to think that he was only going to spend 5 days with her. It was very difficult to love someone who lived oceans away from you.
 
“Princess Zelda” called a cold voice
 
“Ganondorf” Zelda replied. She looked straight into his deep, red eyes. His small mouth turned into a smirk under his crooked nose.
 
“I am here to your engament ball.”
 
“How did you know ? I don't think my father invited the united nations leaders..”
 
“Yes he did invite me, but even if he didn't, I happen to know everything that goes on in Hyrule castle” he told her
 
“Then you must know I do not trust you.” She stared at him before she bowed to the Gerudo king and left.
 
“Yes, Princess Zelda. I know you do not trust me. Ahahahaha” Ganondorf told her behind her back
 
“And your right not to. The night of your engagement will be a night you will never forget.”
 
 
 
 
Night of the Engagement Ball
 
 
“Princess, you must go!” Impa told her in a rush as she hurried with Zelda throught the secret dungeons “The Luongorian troops will be here any minute”
 
“I am not leaving my father, Impa!” Zelda cried
 
Impa pushed her into the next dungeon, where Protomien was waiting. Impa then left to the battlefront. As their carriage started moving Zelda looked deeply into Protomiens eyes.
 
“I cannot leave my father. I'm sorry.”
 
“I can't leave you here Zelda! Afterall, our engagement was going to take place tonight...”
“Protomien, look at me! I love you, but he is my father! I don't trust Ganondorf! I don't believe he is going to help my father and I am really sorry, I must stay!”
 
She kissed him and threw herself out of the wagon.
 
“Stop this wagon, NOW! ZELDA!!!” Protomien screamed
 
Zelda ran back throught the secret passages to the castle dungeons. All she could think about was her father. `Please godesses, proctect my father' Zelda thought as she made her way to the chaos that was taking place at the castle.
 
The Sheikah messengers were now all over the kingdom, asking Hylians for backup. It was mid-afternoon by the time the young farmer, Link, got to the castle grounds.
 
Link had never seen a bloody battle as this one. Not that he had been to a battle before, but he had heard about them by the people from the castle town market. The fights were almost over when something on Link's destiny decided to change his fate.
 
“ahhhh” Link heard a young soldier fighting a Luongorian. He was going to loose. The Luongorian was thrice his size. Link quickly ran towards the young soldier and pushed him to the ground. He slashed the Luongorian in half and then looked at the soldier.
 
“What the hell do you think you are doing ? Do you want to get killed? That man was three tiimes you size” But as Link turned around he realized the young man's helmet had broken and he was in fact...
 
“Your a girl !” Link watched in horror as long blond hair covered her face. For just a moment their eyes met and then just a second later..
 
“Watch out!” she shouted, Link could see she did something with her hands and than there was some kind of blue shield around both of them. The Luongorian that had just hit the shield had desintegrated. When the shield was gone he looked at her, her deep, violet eyes in shock.
 
“How did you do that ?” he asked her in amazement
 
“....I...um..did...” she started
 
“I didn't know there were still magicians in Hyrule..” he said
 
“...um..I...um...what ? Ohh.... yes...” she looked slightly confused
 
“What are you doing here ? A girl shouldn't be fighting, it's dangerous!”
 
They heard an explosion coming from the throne room, as though a smaller battle was going on inside.
 
“Link!!” a voice called from the other side “The war is over...!”
 
When Link turned to the girl, he noticed was running towards the throne room.
 
“I have to go” she told him
 
“Wait! At least tell me your name!”
 
“It was a pleasure to meet you Link!” she shouted back
 
“Navi!” Link looked at the girl who had just arrived “Are you all right ?”
 
“I'm fine and you ? What about the princess ?” Navi asked in concern
 
“what Princess ?” Link asked in confusion
 
“Link, you were talking to Princess Zelda! What is she doing in the middle of a battle anyway... I thought she was supposed to have gone to Phalagya with her fiancee this morning...” Navi stated..
 
`I guess the rich people are not all snobby after all....' Link thought to himself, as he led Navi to the exit.
 
 
 
=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
 
Hello!!
 
So guys... PLEASE don't kill me if this is bad... this is my first fanfiction that turned out to be okay for me to post... so please... if you liked it, leave a review, if you didn't please, review anyway! Thanks a lot for reading... and in case you liked it, really review because I only feel I can continue writting if people like it... I will only update chapter 2 once I get 3 reviews.. so PLEASE!!
 
Hope to see you all again!!
 
ZeldaFaNaTiKaH