Fan Fiction ❯ Lieffe and Dath ❯ Searching for Light ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Link was anxious. Sheik had looked worried when he'd left with the keeper. Pacing back and forth in the dark, Link looked deep into the entrance of Kokiri Village. He hadn't been there in so long…

But now wasn't the time. Something was up with Sheik, and it had gotten beneath Link's skin.

He couldn't take it. He picked up his sword, slid it into it's case and took off in the direction Sheik and the keeper had gone.

~*~

Reepe stood up. She was getting jumpy. No one was saying anything in there, and she wanted to know what was going on. But spying would be wrong.

Or would it…

Just a peek, it wouldn't hurt any one. Anyway, for all Reepe knew, they could just be sitting around petting her cat, or something.

No. They were doing something, she knew it.

She paced around the table a few times, hands behind her back. She wouldn't DARE try to read her sister's mind. She didn't WANT to know what was going on in there…

But then, Sheik wasn't her sister.

A sly grin crossed Reepe's face as she walked slowly out of the kitchen and into the meditation room, sliding the large door shut behind her.

She took long match stick from the bowlful in the entrance to the room, and lit the tip on the huge, black, 5 foot <A/N: Again..?> tall, one foot wide candle that was never to be put out. When it burnt down, another candle must take it's place immediately. But this one was still upwards of four feet high.

Carefully, so that the match did not go out, she walked around and lit all 50 candles. These ones were white and about 2 feet high a

Reepe lit the last few from inside the circle, blew out the match, and sat down in the center of the circle on the match.

Crossing her legs and placing her hands in her lap, Reepe shut her eyes and began to concentrate on Sheik. Mind reading was harder when the person didn't know or didn't want to have their mind read.

She sucked in a deep breath…

It worked. She could hear his thoughts…Hmm. But most of them were to be expected of some one like Sheik… `I wish I could help her,' `This shouldn't happen'…Blah, blah, blah…But Reepe picked one out of the bunch that she hadn't expected…Not in this sense, anyway… `I love her so much.'

Reepe broke concentration from him and her eyes opened wide. Well…

A grin formed on Reepe's face, and a chuckle in her throat…She laughed. Sheik and Soowe? It was just too funny….

~*~

Link entered Kakariko Village. He stopped for a minute, looking around. There was the steps that went to Death Mountain, The steps that went to the side…Those didn't really go anywhere…The steps to the well, then the ramp to the Grave Yard, and the set of steps right beside that <A/N: Yes, I made these ones up. There's actually a wall, there.>. Those went where he wanted to go. He passed the well, and neared the Grave Yard. He turned right and headed up the stairs.

Then they took a steep drop downward. They descended about 100 feet, rock walls on both sides, then the area opened. There was a huge house, there, but not quite a mansion. It was built like a medieval castle; old, gray stone, towers, and a balcony here or there. Of course, it lacked a draw bridge and mote, but the occupants didn't need that.

This was the keepers' house. Link had never actually been here, before, but he'd heard stories from Sheik, and even a few from Zelda.

Link went down the last few steps and onto the plush, green grass that surrounded the house. Brightly colored flowers lined the dark stone walkway.

He walked up to the huge front door and grabbed the circular knocker. He banged it twice against the door and waited.

~*~

Soowe heard a knock.

She pulled her self (quite hesitantly) away from Sheik and motioned for him to stay there. She wiped her eyes and stood up, leaving the room.

She walked through the kitchen where she saw Reepe, moving for the door.

"S'okay, I got it," Soowe said, walking to the entry way. Reepe nodded, but followed anyway, to greet the visitor.

Soowe pulled open the door, reveling a young man with blonde hair, toting a sword and shield, along with a few other items on his back. He was decked out in Kokiri dress, and he looked rather nervous.

"Hello…" he said softly.

Reepe smiled.

"I know you, don't I?" she asked.

"Yeah…yes. Um…Hyrule Field, earlier today…"

"That's right. You were with Sheik," Reepe remarked.

"Speaking of Sheik, where is he?" Link asked, swiveling his foot.

"Right inside," Soowe said, waving him in.

Link entered slowly, looking around.

"I'll get him," Soowe informed, walking out.

~*~

Sheik looked up as Soowe re-entered the room.

"Back?" He asked, standing up. Angel was still snoozing on the bed.

"Sort of. You have a visitor," Soowe said, pointing out the door.

Sheik walked out, and Soowe followed.

Link was now standing in the kitchen, leaning up against a wall.

"Link! What brought you here?" Sheik asked, taking site of him.

"Curiosity," he said, shrugging. "So…Um…What IS up with the whole keeper thing?"

Sheik sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Later. Please."

"If you say so…" Link remarked.

Soowe listened to Link and Sheik ramble for a bit, when she suddenly felt dizzy…

She grasped on to the nearest wall for support, but she couldn't get a grip and began to slide. She `oofed' as she hit the floor.

Sheik whipped around and rushed to her side.

"Soowe…Soowe, what's the matter?" he blurted out, worriedly.

"I…can't breathe…Sheik, help me, please…" she slurred. Her eyes looked out of focus.

Reepe rushed in and shouted, "He's coming!"

"What's going on?" Link asked, looking confused.

"I'll tell you in a minute. First, we have to get Soowe to a Potion Shop, ASAP!"

"No, no, just get her to the meditation room! I know what we have to do!" Reepe instructed.

"But-"

"Just DO IT, Sheik!"

Sheik lifted Soowe up in his arms and carried her into the room.

The candles were still lit from Reepe's last entry into the room.

"There, lay her down right in the middle," Reepe directed, and Sheik complied. He laid Soowe down flat on her back, and watched her. Her breathing was rapid and irregular and her fists were clenched.

"Soowe…Soowe, please, hold on. You have to hold on!" Sheik cried, and he wrapped his arms around her back, holding her up off of the ground.

"Sheik…it…it…hurts…!" Soowe sputtered.

"Oh, Soowe…"

He held her against him and she gripped him tightly.

"Please…make it stop…" she said.

Link looked horrified. He stood in the doorway, watching Sheik and Soowe embrace.

"Sheik…uh…um…What's hap-"

"SHUT UP, LINK!" Sheik whipped around and shouted at him.

Link was amazed. He'd never seen Sheik shout…Never. He looked so panicked.

Reepe headed into a small, unadorned closet just off of the main room.

~*~

Grabbing something off of a small shelf in the closet, Reepe stood tip-toe and hit a tile on the ceiling (Soowe had to all-out jump to hit that.). The back wall of the room slid open, totally silently, revealing a room almost as large as the meditation one was. A soft, opal glow poured into the closet.

Reepe entered the hidden room. In the center was a massive glowing orb floating just a foot <That's making me nervous.> off of the ground. This was Lieffe physical embodiment. Reepe felt relieved until she noticed that a small black spot near the top.

Dath.

Reepe stared in horror until she heard a painful scream emanate from Soowe.

"Damn it all to Hell!"

~*~

<Well, there you have it folks, chapter 3. Now, I have to go practice (AGAIN.). BUT, it is paying off. I'm the piano master! Vanessa Carlton ain't got nothin' on me! No, seriously. I can play that song.>