Fan Fiction ❯ Little Flower ❯ Night to Remember ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Little Flower

Author: Chisha

Category: General

Warnings: This fic contains an original character, created by the author herself cause she's such a pathetic person. If you do not like possible pairings with this character, do not read any further and press that cute little Back button on your browser. Thank you.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except Kohana. The rest of the characters is owned by Tecmo. *sniffle*

Author's Note: Yesh, this is just the prologue, people. Thanks for everyone who gave me comments all those months ago when I was really writing on this. Special thanks to Kochan-niisan, who gave me all those tips and improved my writing skills a great deal!
Also lots of thanks and hugs to Arjan-niisan and Tiger-neesan for reading and commenting as well.
I've been writing this ever since DOA3 came out, so it's taken me a long time to finally post this. But I haven't been very active lately, and I'm finally happy with the first part of the story, so I've finally decided to post it. Now… on with the story.

Prologue - Night to Remember

It was late in the night, and Hayate was standing on a high wall, looking out over the city. It was the nearest city he could find, and it calmed him slightly to look at cities at night. It was a mere coincidence that he had come across this one. The wind blew through his copper coloured hair, blowing it out of his face, it falling back over his eyes when the wind would fade for short moments. The moon was a small sickle, casting its faint, pale light over the rooftops and the trees beyond the city. Sleepy birds croaked around him, preparing for the night. A night to remember… although he'd rather not remember it because of the thoughts he had right now.

Of course the hunt had failed. He had known it would fail. It failed every day. Every day he sent out some thirty ninja to hunt for his sister. Every day they failed. Every day they were defeated by the runaway Shinobi. Why did he have to do this? Why had she run away? His heart was torn by the actions he had to take to get rid of his sister; he did not want to do it. But the code demanded it of him. A Shinobi could not run away and had to be killed when he or she did. There was no coming back for a runaway Shinobi. Never. Therefore there would never be peace for him.

~~~

Author's Note: Yes yes I know it's short. It's a prologue. I needed this to get a good start in the story. More will be coming up later. I've already got it done, so there'll only be some editing necessary. ^_^ Handy, preparing chapters in advance…

Ja na!