Fan Fiction ❯ M.A.G.I.C.A.L. ❯ Aftermath ( Chapter 15 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Me/Christina: Happy New Year! *blows party favors*

Me: And, what better way to kick off 2006 than with... Chapter 15 of MAGICAL! Yep, I recently got a review chewing me out for not updating. So, I responded by telling him what was going on, and promising him an update, and here it is. Now, I know I promised you we'd start off on the next story arc here, but everyone else wanted to do a little aftermath deal. So, that's what this chapter will be. I promise we'll get to the next piece of the plot next chapter (whenever that is... again, my apologies.)

Christina: So, here's chapter 15! And remember, Scott owns nothing except yours truly.

Here we go!



Gaea walked downstairs after having a relaxing shower and changing clothes, the other guardians had all left, she saw her mom sat on the couch looking at a photo album, it looked like she had been crying.
"Are you ok mom?" she asked
Cornelia seemed startled, she looked at Gaea and smiled
"I'm fine honey" she smiled
"Have you been crying?" Gaea asked taking a seat next to Cornelia.
Gaea looked at the photo album, it was hers, pictures of her growing up.
"When the Guardians came to the door and said you were in trouble...I...I was just so scared that I may lose you" Cornelia admitted, she put her arm around Gaea and hugged her "I'm just so happy that I didn't"
"Thank you" Gaea smiled
"For what?" Cornelia asked
"For being there...when everything was dark you saved me, your always there for me, right when I need you most. Thank you for protecting me" Gaea cried
They both hugged each other tightly again



Gaea sat among the rocks near shell cave, the waves jumping up at her. She looked out over the water, the past events rolling through her mind once more. Her dark pink/purple hair blew in the wind and across her face. Her hand began to tremble...She closed her eyes and took a deep breathe. It was probably going to take a while to get over being evil.

************************************************************ *************************************************

Isis and Hay Lin were on a walk, talking about Hay Lin's gaurdian times."So Phobos and Cedric were your enemys?" Isis said."Yes." Hay Lin nodded.


Phobos was Eylon's brother, and he wanted to take her powers away, so he could rule Meridian and possibly Earth." Hay Lin said, lost in her memories. ((XD i remember when my mom told me about her childhood and when there was a water spout really close to her....))"Really?""Yeah..... And i remember how depressed Cornelia was when Caleb was turned into a flower.... And then her powers brought him back-- some of the powers were the rest of the groups and mine-- she was overjoyed when that happend."


Let's head home." Hay lin said, turning around and starting to walk back."Okay!" Isis said. Suddenly, her CD player came on 'heh... i forgot i had this with me.' I'm gonna getcha good by Shania Twain was on. Hay Lin was pretty far ahead of her, so she started to sing.

"Let's go!
Don't wantcha for the weekend, don't wantcha for a night
I'm only interested if I can have you for life, yeah
Uh, I know I sound serious and baby I am
You're a fine piece of real estate, and I'm gonna get me some land
Oh, yeah
So, don't try to run honey, love can be fun
There's no need to be alone when you find that someone
[Chorus:]
(I'm gonna getcha)
I'm gonna getcha while I gotcha in sight
(I'm gonna getcha)
I'm gonna getcha if it takes all night
(Yeah, you can betcha)
You can betcha by the time I say "go," you'll never say "no"
(I'm gonna getcha)
I'm gonna getcha, it's a matter of fact
(I'm gonna getcha)
I'm gonna getcha, don'tcha worry 'bout that
(Yeah, you can betcha)
You can bet your bottom dollar, in time you're gonna be mine
Just like I should - I'll getcha good
Yeah, uh, uh
I've already planned it - here's how it's gonna be
I'm gonna love you and - you're gonna fall in love with me
Yeah, yeah
Oh, yeah
So, don't try to run honey, love can be fun
There's no need to be alone when you find that someone
[Repeat Chorus]
Yeah, I'm gonna getcha baby I'm gonna knock on wood
I'm gonna getcha somehow honey yeah, I'm gonna make it good
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Oh, yeah
So, don't try to run honey, love can be fun
There's no need to be alone when you find that someone
[Repeat Chorus]
Oh, I'm gonna getcha, I'm gonna getcha real good
Yeah, you can betcha, oh, I'm gonna getcha
(I'm gonna getcha) just like I should, I'll getcha good
Oh, I'm gonna getcha good!
"

******************************************************* ******************************************************
Gaea stood up and stretched the stiffness from her arms and legs.

"Time to head back" she said to herself "I don't want to worry mom again"

Gaea turned around and started walking home


Gaea Walked through her front door and took her shoes off. her dad poked his head around the corner

"Hi princess" he smiled "Dinners nearly ready"

He had called her princess for as long as she could remember, occasionally trading it for various other nicknames, she didn't mind though, she liked them.

Gaea walked towards him and gave him a big hug

"To what do I owe the honor" he said, hugging her back

"I've just been through alot lately and its made me realize whats important" Gaea smiled

She broke the hug and ran to the bottom of the stairs

"I'm going to get washed up before dinner" she said

"What was that about?" her dad smiled to Cornelia

"Don't ask questions dear" Cornelia smirked.

Cornelia grabbed her husband by the ear and pulled him into the kitchen to help.
***************************************************************** ****************
Aira finally opened her eyes as she looked at her familiar room. She saw her younger sister at the foot of her bed.
"Finally, you're awake!" Alex exclaimed cheerfully, her two short brown braids bobbing up and down as she jumped up to run to her older sister.
"Hey, Allie." Aira mumbled, rubbing her eyes as she smiled weakly.
"You are so lucky, Air! You get to be a Guardian!"
Aira laughed with no enthusiam what-so-ever as she got out of bed and shooed her sister out of her room. Then she changed into a black shirt and matching sweatshirt with baby blue lining, and put on baggy blue jeans as she put on her blue-and-black converses and tied them up. She put her hair in a messy ponytail and tied a bandana around her head. She picked up her new three-wheeled scooter and opened the door. "Tell mom I'll be riding around." She said to Alex, who was seated outside her door, as she ran downstairs and out the door, unfolding her scooter and taking off. She rode for a while until she reached Shell Cave, she walked down into the darkness and saw the familiar hide-out. She ran her fingers through her honey-colored hair as once she was finally on the ground, she broke down. She silently sobbed as she put her knees to her chest and dug her face into her knees. She remembered the fight her mom and dad had had before her dad finally left. She was only 4 then. She never saw or heard from him again. Her sobs began to make noise as she shook violently in the dark cave.

Aira let her head rest against a rock as she finally became silent and calm. A song switched on in her mind and she started to sing softly.
"I know there's something in the wake of your smile.
I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yea.
You've built a love but that love falls apart.
Your little piece of heaven turns too dark.
Listen to your heart
when he's calling for you.
Listen to your heart
there's nothing else you can do.
I don't know where you're going
and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart
before you tell him goodbye.
Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile.
The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yea.
They're swept away and nothing is what is seems,
the feeling of belonging to your dreams.
Listen to your heart
when he's calling for you.
Listen to your heart
there's nothing else you can do.
I don't know where you're going
and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart
before you tell him goodbye.
And there are voices
that want to be heard.
So much to mention
but you can't find the words.
The scent of magic,
the beauty that's been
when love was wilder than the wind.
Listen to your heart
when he's calling for you.
Listen to your heart
there's nothing else you can do.
I don't know where you're going
and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart
before you tell him goodbye.
Listen to your heart, mm-mmmmmm
I don't know where you're going
and I don't know why,
but listen to your heart
before you tell him goodbye.
"
By the end, she had sung loudly, not caring if anyone heard her.

Aira got up and walked back to her house. Things were quiet, almost too quiet. ((Ignore the quote. n_n;)) Right when she opened the door, Alex was there to welcome her in. Aira ignored her. A little sister being hyper was NOT what she needed right now.

Air?" Irma said, tapping lightly on the door and opening it to reveal Aira in a large blue shirt with gray pants and blue slippers. She held out a bowl of popcorn. "Want popcorn?" She asked.
"Thanks, Mom." Aira said, sitting up, and taking the bowl. She looked at it for a while, and then looked at her mom as tears started to form. "Why did this have to happen to us?" She exclaimed. "Why does it have to be so hard?"
Irma held Aira in a hug while she cried on her shoulder. "I felt the same way when I was your age, Aira. But, I realized that the reason we were chosen is because we are the ones who have the best chance of defeating evil. The Oracle will count on that."
Aira managed a weak smile as she looked up at her mom. "Thanks . . . I feel better now. And thanks for the popcorn." She took up the bowl and started eating, while Irma smiled and walked out of the room.
"Aira was crying, Aira was crying!" Alex said, standing in the doorway.
"You little rat!" Aira exclaimed, throwing one of her pillows at the door, causing Alex to squeal and slam the door. "Sorry!" came the voice of the 8-year-old through the door as she ran away.

Aira sat on her bed, writing in her journal when she heard the phone ring. "Lawson residence, Aira speaking." She said, "Hello?"
Beep.
"They hung up! Jerk. Probably a prank call." Aira mumbled, pushing a lock of brown hair away from her face as she continued to write. Suddenly she heard footsteps. She got up and walked to the door. "Alex, I know you're out there! Don't try to hide," She opened the door, but saw nothing. She walked down the hallway to see Alex in her room drawing, and when downstairs to see Irma cooking dinner. "What . . . was that?" She wondered to herself, as she looked around. I must be losing it. That encounter with Sirius is making me see and hear things, she thought, walking back to her room.

************************************************************ ***********

Gaea closed the house door behind her, she had woken up pretty late, she figured the past few days had something to do with that. She didn't know what she was doing now, she had no plans, she was just going to walk around for a bit.
She set off down the street, rather aimlessly.

Gaea walked through the streets and into the park, she took a deep breathe of the fresh air. Her mind drifted and she wondered what the future would bring for her and the other guardians.

Gaea laid back against the bench and looked at the sky, she watched the clouds drift overhead. "And how we laughed and how we smiled
And how this world was yours and mine
and how no dream was out of reach
I stood by you, you stood by me
We took each day and made it shine
We wrote our names across the sky
We ran so fast, we ran so free
I had you and you had me
" She sang to herself softly

At around noon, Isis stared out the window from the windowseat in her living room. She was thinking about being a gaurdian, and what had been going on since they became 'M.A.G.I.C.A.L.'
"Hey Isis, you should get outside. At least go to the park." Hay Lin said, walking up to her and placing a hand on her shoulder. That battle affected her too... Even if it did take a while for the truth to sink in.
"Hm? Okay mom.." Isis nodded, walking to her room and changing out of her Pajamas. Then, she grabbed her scooter and headed for the park. When she got there, she headed straight for the swings. Suprisingly, there was nobody in that side of the park. So, Isis started to sing.
" When I think about the first time
I thought I found someone who cared for me
But things were not as they appeared to be
Rainy Day Man
On your shoulder I cried
When my first brush with love
Left me shaking inside
Rainy Day Man
Ever since I can remember
Just like a brother you've been strong and true
Always been the one to see me through
Rainy Day Man
You're much more than a friend
I would give anything
Just to see you again
Rainy Day ManAlways been the one to see me through
Rainy Day Man
On your shoulder I cried
When my first brush with love
Left me shaking inside
Rainy Day Man
You're much more than a friend
I would give anything
Just to see you again
Rainy Day Man
Rainy Day Man
Rainy Day Man
Rainy Day Man
There are days when those grey skies
Make you blue
Each forward step you take
You fall back by two
You've been hit by some hard knocks
You just can't stand
Feeling like Alice felt
In Wonderland
Let me be there to lend a hand
CHORUS:
Call my name and I'll be there
There's nothing like the laughter that we share
whenever you need someone
or a shoulder to lean on
Call my name and I'll be there
And when life's going your way
Just like a breeze
It's a kite flying kind of day
Above the trees
Together we'll be making memories
REPEAT CHORUS
As this world turns us around
We hand on to what we found
A treasure we both need
I will go an extra mile
To give you back a certain smile
That you've given me, yeah
I'll answer evey time and anywhere
REPEAT CHORUS
Call my name and I'll be there
Call my name and I'll be there
Call my name
Call my name
I'll be there
"
After she was finished singing Call My Name (and I'll Be there), Isis realized Gaea was there.

Oh, Hi Isis" Gaea said, mustering as much of a smile as she could.
She wasn't feeling particularly cheerful at the moment, theres was just two much going on in her head, about Sirius, about been overcome by evil. She figured it may take her a while to get over it completely.
And she was still feeling drained from the previous battle, she just couldn't seem to recharge herself properly.

"Hey Gaea..." Isis said, stopping the swing. "For some reason.. all that's been happening since we found out about our powers seems like a dream..."

"Tell me about it" Gaea replied, she sat on the swing beside Isis "Nothing seems real anymore"


"Yeah.. Its weird.. Whenever something big like this happens, I just go through it. And then when i look back at it, it takes a while to register in my mind what happend. Thats why I wasnt like this yesterday, but am today." Isis said.

"Isis..." Gaea said softly as she looked sadly at the dirt floor "Do you think...we can ever have normal lives?"

"Maybe... Depends on what you define normal as." Isis sighed, kicking the woodchips that was under the swing. "Before, I thought life was normal. But now, I realize that I was probally never all that normal."

"I'd define normal as not being threatened by Evil, not having to fight for our lives..." Gaea sighed "Normal is when your biggest worry is what to wear to school or how you did on a test..." Tears formed in Gaeas eyes "not being controlled by evil, having your soul drained until theres nothing but bitterness and anger inside of you..." Gaea cried

Yeah.." Isis sighed. 'cept for the last part, that's all happend to me... Slowly, the tears started to come. "I've... missed being normal alot... You and Aira have it the worst, but none of us are normal anymore..."

"So what do we do?" Gaea asked, wiping her cheek with her hand "Accept it and move on? ignore that our lives have been turned upside down?"

"Well..." Isis paused, as she wiped away some tears. At the same time, she was remembering the times before she moved that she tried hard to forget. When she was younger, she was always the misfit. (A/N: The following is based on true events.)~@~@~@flashback~@~@~@~@

-music class, kindergarten-
"Would anybody like to sing a song for the class?" Mrs. Shone asked the class. Nobody else rose their hands- Isis knew this by now- but her arm still shot up into the air.
"Yes Isis, you can sing a song." Mrs. Shone smiled. It wasnt often there was a student- espcially a kindergartner- that loved to sing infront of the class. Isis walked up to the front and started to sing. All the other kids started to laugh, this wasnt the song she normally sang. It was the ending theme song for Barney, and now everybody in the class knew that she still watched it- When nobody else does. Isis's face turned red, and she walked back to her seat quickly. But still, the laughing continued.
After this, she never volunteerd to sing infront of the class again.
-lunch, first grade-
"Hey Isis! Over here!" Hannah, one of Isis's old friends called out to her as she walked into the lunchroom.
"Hannah, one of the most popular girls wants me to sit with her?" Isis whisperd, and walked over to the seat next to Hannah that was open. She started to talk with Hannah and Hannah's other friends, but every few minutes they would all glance at each other and giggle, leaving Isis confused. She found out what they were giggling about in about five minutes.
"Hey Isis!" Hannah exclaimed, spinning around very quickly and her elbow hitting Isis's elbow that held a spoon full of chocolate pudding. The pudding in the spoon hit her shirt- her favorite Disney Princesses shirt- and the container of pudding epmtied itself in her lap.
"You never really wanted me to sit here, did you?" Isis sighed, taking napkins from the lunch aid to get as much pudding off of her as she could.
-classroom, fourth grade-
"Hey Four eye Eys! You know you have a hole in your pants, right?" Zack, a boy in her class, yelled at her. Isis cringed. Over the five years shes been at this school, she's gotten used to the various nicknames she's been given. When she got glasses last year, she adopted the name 'Four Eyed Eys'. Four eyes becuase of her glasses, and Eys becuase that's what her friend Cat calls her- short for Isis.
"Yes, I know." Isis called back, thinking he ment the holes in the knees.
"Then why'd you where those pants if you knew there was a whole in the back pocket?" Mari -another person in class- laughed.
"Wha-What??" Isis said. She looked at the back of her pants, and there was indeed a small hole in the back pocket.
-Playground, fifth grade-
"Isis, why are you always reading at recess now?" Katie, a friend of Isis's that was in second grade, asked as she climbed up to the gymnastic bar that was next to Isis.
"Hm? Oh.. Its just there's never anything to do, so I just want to read.." Isis showed Katie the book she was reading, and it was a Pokemon red, blue, and yellow guidebook. "I need to tell this to my cousin so he can do better on the Pokemon games."
"Isis, Katie, over here!" Jessie, another friend, yelled from the basketball court that was next to the jungle jym/gymnastics they were on. The two girls on the jungle gym looked at each other, their eyebrows raised. Jessie looked nervous, so something was wrong.
"What is Jessie?" Katie asked.
"Its Zack!" Jessie told them. Katie and Isis grew even more worried, because Isis and Zack were really good friends, and Katie was Zack's little sister. "He fell of the big slide and hit his head on the fireman pole and hurt his head bad! They had to call an ambluence!"
Sadly, once the ambluence took Zak to the hospital, Isis never saw him again. And the same thing with Katie- when the day ended, she was gone. It turned out they were getting homeschooled now becuase their parents thought it was 'too dangerous to go on a playground like that, especially with the construction!'. But it wasnt. Before recess had ended, Isis was sitting on the ground near where Zack fell, looking at the blood red stones. Isis stood up, and started kicking the ground where the blood was, effectivly spreading out the stones enough that unless you were there, you wouldnt be able to tell if anything happend there. Right after she finished kicking the rocks, the bell rang signaling the end of recess.
~@~@~@end flashbacks~@~@~@~@
At each part of these memories, Isis started to cry more and more. By the end, she was close to sobbing.

Gaea bit her bottom lip, she wasn't good at this friendship stuff because it was always just her before. She got off the swing and crouched next to Isis, she placed a comforting arm around Isis' shoulders
"Whats wrong?" she asked as gently as possible "I shouldn't burden you with my troubles of normalcy"

"No... I just.. rememberd some things I'd rather forget. About my old school...." Isis sobbed

Gaea tried her best to comfort Isis but was finding it difficult
"I'm...sorry" She said "I don't know what to say..."

"Its just... those memories made me realize i'll never be like everyone else. Now that we're gaurdians.. we're most likley never going to be 'normal' again..." Isis said, after she calmed down a little. "Then, I was the kid everybody picked on. Because of one freaking song..."

Thats why I never made friends" Gaea said sadly "You cant be hurt if your alone...theres no one to judge you...no one to make you feel bad..."
Gaea swallowed back a lump in her throat to stop tears forming again
"...But your not that kid anymore...move on..." She said "You have the other guardians there for you, their not picking on you over a song...their your friends..." Gaea finished

"Yeah.. The good thing about moving here was I got to get alot of good friends. Sometimes its better to have alot of friends, but there are times its not. Friends can help you get through tough situations... Like how my best friend-and first friend- helped me deal with the bullying..." Isis sighed.

Or how they can help you fight the forces of evil..." Gaea smiled, trying to Isis to cheer up

True, so true." Isis said, with a small smile on her face. "The power of friendship is one of the most powerful things of all. If you just work together with your friends, you can overcome any obstacle... My mom told me that when I went to Preschool. And so far, its true. By working together, we defeated Sirius once. If we all just set our minds to to it, we can defeat almost anything that he throws at us."

"United we stand" Gaea added "Next time Sirius shows up we'll show him what it means to face the Guardians"

"Yeah..." Isis said, looking at her watch. Apparently, it was later than she thought it was. "Kyaaa I gotta get home soon!"

Same here" Gaea replied as she stood upright and stretched her arms "I just didn't want to leave you like that...My mom will be wondering where I am"

"Thanks." Isis said, "Well, see you later!" She got on her scooter, and headed back to her house.

"Bye" Gaea said quietly as Isis took off. Gaea looked at her watch "Time to be on my way"Gaea left the park and headed home

Hey Isis!!!" Zack hollerd at her, when she was at the end of the driveway."Hey monster." Isis laughed."Hey! I'm not a monster!" Zack retorted as Isis walked by him, having gotten off the scooter. "You were crying, wernt you?""Wha-- No, no of course not." Isis lied. She put her scooter in the seperate garage, and then walked in the front door."Rightt..." Zack mumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Hi honey" Cornelia smiled as Gaea walked in "Dinner will be ready soon ok"

"Ok, thanks mom" Gaea smiled "I thought I was going to be late"

"No. Your about right on time, in fact while your here would you give me a hand and set the table please?" Cornelia asked

"Sure" Gaea got place mats and knifes and forks and began to set everything "Wheres dad?"

"I sent him to the shop" Cornelia laughed "He'll be back any minute"

Gaea smiled, since the mess with Sirius, Gaea had decided to make the most of her time with her family


Isis? Is that you?" Hay Lin said from the kitchen.
"Yeah mom." Isis called back.
"Can you help me with the spagetti?" Hay Lin asked, appering in the door to the kitchen.
"Sure mom." Isis smiled. She always liked to cook with her mom. After they were done cooking, Isis set the table while Hay Lin got Zack to clean up.

Gaea sat back in her chair after dinner

"That was great mom" She smiled "Thanks"

"Your welcome sweet, What are you planning tonight?" Cornelia asked

"Not much, maybe read or something"

"Are you sure you dont want to help me with the exciting task of cleaning up?" her dad smirked

"Hmmmm.....Let me think" Gaea smiled, doing a mock thinking pose "Clean up or have fun? bye" Gaea laughed as she jumped up and ran upstairs

"So thats a no then?" her dad laughed as he stacked the plates up

"Yep" Cornelia smirked "Your on your own tonight, go on, get cleaning"
Gaea ran into her room and jumped onto her bed. All the talk with Isis earlier and Gaea just realised...with her parents she was normal, she wasn't worrying about Sirius or any other problems, she was just having fun and been happy. Gaea smiled to herself. She turned her playstation on and started to play her Chobits game.


It was Zack's turn to help clean up aafter dinner, so Isis went to her room and logged onto Runescape. Most of the time, she just wanderd around on training island, because on her first account, she didnt know what to do in the actuall game. Suddenly, she was remembering times with her friends she was happy. (A/N: Again, based on true events)
~@~flashback~@~
-karate, first grade-
"Class this is Kate and Ted." Brandon sesei, the teacher, told the karate class. The girl, Kate, sat down next to Isis.
"Hi! I'm Isis!" Isis grinned.
"Hi..." Kate said quietly. She looked at Isis, and said "Hey, are you in Mr. Collisons class?"
"Yeah! Hey... Your Kate from school!" Isis grinned. The two became fast friends, and when Kate got picked on, Isis and Ted (Kate's twin) defended her. And when it was Isis getting picked on, Kate and Ted defended her.
-6th grade, on the bus-
Isis stared out the window, and didnt notice a girl sit on the seat across the row from her.
"Hi.." The other girl said, looking with intrest at the rolled up posterboard that Isis was carrying with her. They had just gotten their book reports back, and Isis wanted to show her mom hers before she gave it to the teacher to put on display. "Are you on team 6B?"
"Hm? Yeah, I'm on 6B... the 'special fx' team." At the last part, she grimaced.
The girl laughed. "I'm on team 6A." The two messed around with the report, until they got to the girls bustop. "I'm holly, by the way!" She told Isis right before she had to get off.
"I'm Isis. Can I sit with you at lunch tomorrow?" Isis asked.
"Yeah! Then you can meet my other friends!" Holly grinned.
-passing notes in science
-getting hyper at lunch
-the songs at lunch
-When both Isis and Aira were sick the same days
-when Aria came over to play DDR when they were sick
-When they found out they were gaurdians of the veil
-First practice session as a gaurdian, and the racoon incident ((XD))
-when they found out that their moms were the former gaurdians
-when Alex and Zack were watching their practice
then, she remembered all of the other fun times she's had with her friends.
"Yeah.. Things have changed alot since we found out about our powers..." Isis smiled, logging off runescape and started to write a fanfic.
Aira doodled a little, listening to Kelly Clarkson, as she remembered the times she shared with her older sister, They were going to pick her up from college soon, and she actually couldn't wait.
~Flashback~
When Aira was around four, April was running away from her. "You can never escape me!" Aira exclaimed to her 11-year-old-at-the-time sister.
"Aha!" April said, running into the bathroom door and slamming it right on Aira's thumb.
"OUCH!!!!" Aira screamed, as she desperately yanked her thumb out and sucked on it so it wouldn't hurt as much. April was still laughing, and opened it when she saw Aira crying on the floor. Irma banned running around the house after that.
~*~
"You can do it, April! April April, she's our wo-man, if she can't do it, no one can!" Aira and her cousin, Matt, chanted, when they were around 7.
April pressed the buttons at speed to beat the Mario score, while Aira and Matt acted out what was happening in the game. They loved to watch April play video games.
"SHE WON!!!!!!!!!" They screamed, while April jumped up and did a dance.
~*~
April and Aira grabbed eachother's arms, desperately trying to knock the other down. "Give up yet, sis?" Aira asked, smirking.
"I'm 7 years older, I think I can beat you." April shot back, and with a jerk, hit Aira down, but instead of having her hit the carpet, she swung sideways and her arm scratched against the sharp part of the piano, causing it to bleed.
"Ow..." Aira crying, holding her arm.
Irma ran in, checking Aira over. "April . . ." she said, turning to the girl.
"I'm so sorry Aira!" April said.
"I'm fine. . ." Aira mumbled.
"Are you sure?" Irma asked.
"Yeah." Aira said, getting up and walking away to get a bandaid.
~End Flashbacks~

Aira sighed happily, even though they had bad times, they had good times, too. Especially since even though April thought hanging with Aira was annoying when shen was around 13, April's friends always thought Aira was adorable and that she should hang with them. Aira loved that.They also loved to watch Talk Shows together, and they were more recently becoming closer, since Aira was getting older, and April wasn't just a teen who thought hanging out with her little sister was stupid.
She grinned, almost forgetting about the Sirius accident as she turned on the TV.


Gaea let out a yawn, she looked at her watch

"Yikes" she exclaimed "How long have I been playing this?"

She saved and turned her game off. She jumped off her bed and got ready to go to sleep, she was exhausted even though it was still early.

'Must be after effects of Sirius' spell' she thought.

She went down stairs and found Her parents cuddled up on the couch watching a film

"Goodnight" She smiled "I'm going to bed now"

"So early?" Cornelia asked as she turned to face her

"Yeah, I'm really tired"

"well ok then, sweet dreams honey"

"Goodnight Princess" her dad added

Gaea gave them both a kiss and ran upstairs and got in bed, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep

When Isis was done, she quickly proofread it, and then posted it on fanfiction.net. Then, she played pinball until she beat a few of her high scores, with the score of 1,234,931.
"Isis! Mom says to go to bed!" Zach yelled from outside her door.
"Okay..." Isis sighed, and reluctantly shut off her computer. Then, she changed into her purple Nellie American Girl PJ's, put a random CD into her CD player, and went to bed. As she was falling asleep, this song came on.
Escape(you can run, you can hide
But you can’t escape my love)
Here’s how it goes, you and me, up and down at this time
We’ll get right, where to fight
Cause love is something you can’t shake
When it breaks
All it takes is some trying
If you feel like leaving
I’m not gonna make you stay
Soon you’ll be finding
You can run, you can hide
But you can’t escape my love
You can run, you can hide
But you can’t escape my love
So if you go
You should know
It’s hard to just forget the past so fast
It was good, it was bad but it was real
And that’s all you get in the end of the matter
Here’s how it goes
All it takes is some trying
You can run, you can hide
But you can’t escape my love
******************************************************************* ****

Christina sighed as she looked out her window. She was still beat from the previous battle, both physically and emotionally.
Let us hope we never have to go through something like that again, Christina thought to herself. Of course, this is only the beginning of our battle. And, we must now toughen up if we're to defeat Sirius. It'll be tough. Gaea's already got it tough, and after yesterday, Aira's just as bad, if not worse.
Being a guardian isn't easy, as we now know. But, we must not dwell on the past. Instead, we must look forward to further battles. Now that we know what we're up against, we must be ready for whatever Sirius throws at us. As the saying goes, that which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.
"No matter what happens, we'll be ready," Christina said to herself.

Christina: So, as you can see, our first encounter with Sirius has really opened our eyes to this whole thing.

Me: Yep. Things have certainly taken a wild turn, and it's only just begun.
Christina: But, we'll be ready for ol' Si when he returns. Like Gaea said, United We Stand.

Me: That's the spirit, Chris! See ya for chapter 16, and again, Happy New Year! *Me and Christina once again blow our noisemakers and wave to everyone*