Fan Fiction ❯ M.A.G.I.C.A.L. ❯ The Rescue ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]
A/N: Me/Christina: We're back!

Me: Sorry it took so long. A MASSIVE case of group writer's block infected us, and caused the delay between chapters to be longer than I anticipated. But we're back!

Christina: As you may know, Aira and Gaea abandoned us, and were captured and turned evil by that nasty Sirius. Our first attempt at getting them back was met with resistance. But, I have a plan. Will it work? Will M.A.G.I.C.A.L. be reunited? Let's find out!

Me: But first, the usual: I own nothing except the person standing next to me.

Christina: Let's go!

"THIS STINKS!" Christina growled. "Two of our friends are working for this Sirius guy. We need a plan."

"Yeah! I can't belive Gaea and Aira did that!" Aaliyah said, looking down. "Anyone got an idea?"

"They've been brainwashed. We need to find some way to break the spell. Let's see what the Oracle has in mind." And, with that, the 5 remaining Guardians and Alena teleported to Candracar.

"Oracle! Aira and Gaia have been--" Isis started.

"Isis, i already know."

Meanwhile...

Aira and Gaea sat there. "I can't believe we were ever on their side." Aira spat, staring at the ground, still brainwashed.
"Yeah, what losers." Gaea agreed.
The two sat there in silence for a while. Suddenly Sirius walked out. "Tomorrow, apprentice's, we are going to take a little trip to Metamoor to pay a visit to the Princess." He said with a smirk.
Aira and Gaea grinned. "Sounds fun." Aira said, smirking.

"Ah MY guardians" said Sirius evily "Soon everything will be mine. And soon you may even get the chance to destroy Candracar itself" He laughed evily.
Gaea and Aira stood to either side of him, smirking.

The two girls stood, transformed, in front of a misty pink-purple portal(they are pink-purple in the books unless I'm mistaken). Sirius walked in behind them as they stepped through the portal. "I can't wait to see the look on the princess' face when she sees us." Aira laughed, as they snuck in the shadows as for no one in the village to see them.
Sirius just smiled evilly that his plan to brainwash the guardians was working and soon he would have the princess too. Sirius, you are such a genius, he though vainly as they continued to get closer to the castle.

"Maybe after we get rid of the princess" Gaea said evily, and with a grin "We can cause some random destruction"

"I like that plan" added Aira laughing

"Now girls" sirius smirked "They'll be plenty of time for that after we destroy candracar. after that you will have whole worlds as your playground for destruction..."

"Good" smirked Gaea as they drew closer to the palace

"but first lets go pay out 'respects' to the princess" Sirius laughed.


Aira and Gaea defeated the guards positioned at the entrance at the castle, and quickly defeated all of the other guards that stood outside the door to the princess' room. Aira kicked the door open as they ran in, to find the room empty.
"Where is she?!" Aira said angrily, as the two guardians destroyed almost everything in the room trying to find her

"come out come out where ever you are little princess" Gaea smirked
"She's not here!" Spat Sirius "Where could she be? this must be the work of those guardian brats"
"Well looks like we'll have to deal with them" laughed Aira
"I coulden't have put it better myself" Gaea added

"Or, we could go take care of Queen Elyon!" Aira giggled, crossing her arms.
Gaea nodded, as Sirius smiled evilly. "Now, now. We will take care of her once kidnap the Princess."
Aira nodded. But in the back of her head, she was thinking, What is happening? What is wrong with me?

Gaea walked behind Sirius and next to Aira. She was walking silently, thinking to herself. She was feeling a strange feeling. All the evil acts they were commiting didn't feel right, they didn't feel natural, like it was against her will but she had no control over it. She shock the thoughts from her head and continued walking.

Back in Candracar...


Christina was downtrodden. She thought about all the great times MAGICAL used to have. The revelation of their powers, the first practice, the flying, dancing, pink raccoon (Christina chuckled at that flashback), and the revelation of their moms being Guardians themselves. Then, she thought of Alex and Cornelia. How would they react to the news that their family members had been kidnapped and turned evil? Wait a minute... Alex and Cornelia! That's it!
"Listen up, team! I have an idea," Christina said. "If Gaea and Aira won't listen to us, maybe they'll listen to family."
"I see where you're going with this, Chris. Let's go!" Isis replied, and with that, the girls exited Candracar and returned home to put Plan B into action

Later...

Isis and the others had just left Kandrakar, and they were on the way to Gaia's house."I hope this works!" Isis laughed, twirling around in her rollerblades

Christina hurried over to Aria's house, and ran right into Alexandra's room.
"Hello? Oh, hey! You must be one of Aria's Guardian friends. What can I do for ya?"
Christina explained the situation with Aira and Gaea, and asked for Alex's help in getting them back. Alex nodded and said, "I'll help in any way I can. Hold on, I'll go get mom and Mrs. Lin."
"GREAT!" Christina squealed happily. Now let's hope Tris had as much luck with Cornelia.

Isis knocked on Gaia's door, and thankfully, Cornelia answerd. She told her what happend."I'm helping.""Thank youuuuu!" Isis grinned.

Gaea Stopped walking through the castle, Sirius and Aira stopped and turned and faced her"What's the hold up?!" Sirius growled
Gaea ignored him and crouched down, She placed her palm to the floor and closed her eyes. She used her Terra-sensing to search the castle.
"Walking through this place is pointless" Gaea finally spoke "The princess definatly isnt in the castle"

Aira let out a loud moan as she sank to her knees and put her hands on her head.
"What is your problem?!" Sirius exclaimed, growling a little.
"My head." She mumbled, shaking it as images flashed through her mind showing her and the other Guardians and when they found out they were guardians and then another of them and their first practice. She felt the spell Sirius put on her starting to break. But then one last image started to form...
Her fighting with Gaea.Then the spell went haywire.
Aira turned to Gaea, and gave her a cold stare.

The other Guardians (who had just arrived in Sirus's location) watched in shock and horror as Gaea and Aira went at it!
"YIKES! NOT GOOD!," Christina screamed.
"GAEA! AIRA!" Isis yelled.

"All right! It's not exactly what I had in mind, but it's time for our secret weapon!" Christina called for Aira and Gaea's respective families to save the day.

"Irma, Hay Lin, Cornelia, Alex, YOUR TURN!" Isis said.

Gaea and Aira were continuing their battle when the Raveena-Lawsons and Mrs. Hale stepped in.

"STOP!!!"

Gaea and Aira stopped their in-fighting long enough to see who stopped them.

"Mom?"

"Mrs. Lin? Alex?"

"Please," Cornelia pleaded. "This isn't like you! You must fight the spell! Remember who your real enemy is."

Seeing their families initiated more images: As they were told, Gaea and Aira flashed back to their first encounter with Sirius, being captured and forced to do his evil bidding. Both girls staggered to the ground, and groaned in pain.

Gaea painfully grabed her head, it felt like it was going to explode. The events of the past few days ran through her mind. Her heart felt ripped in two, she could still feel the evil presence but she could also now feel her own natural heart, her good side.Tears flowed from her eys and ran down her cheeks

"Mom!" she cried, her voice trembling "Help me..."

"Im here honey" Cornelia said reaching out to her

"Your not getting away that easily" Sirius snarled

He held out his hand and fired a sustained beam of dark energy at Gaea, Gaea screamed as more evil filled her and her eyes turned black.

"Leave my daughter alone!" Cornelia screamed

She ran forward but was stopped by Irma

"Its too dangerous" Irma protested

"She's my daughter Irma, I won't let anything happen to her"

Cornelia ran past Irma and straight into the dark energy surrounding Gaea. She knealt besides her and placed her hands on her shoulders.

"Fight it Gaea..." she pleaded "Don't let his evil win"

"I...can't..." Gaea cried, her voice weak "He's too strong...I'm...I'am not strong enough..."

"Your stronger than you know..." Cornelia replied "Remember Gaea, Your the goddess of the Earth, I know you can do it...I believe in you"

Gaea's heart warmed, she tensed her body and fought with every bit of strength she had left, the more she fought the harder it seemed to become, She screamed and her body trembled as she expelled the dark energy from her like an explosion.

"This can't be" Sirius yelled.

He was hit with the force of the dark energy and he got sent flying backwards.Gaea felt weak, her hands were shaking and she felt cold

"Mom..." she said weakly

She collapsed into Cornelia's waiting arms, Cornelia held her daughter tightly

"You did it sweetheart...I'm proud of you" she said softly as a tear dropped from her eye and onto Gaea.

Aira felt like her head was being pounded on as she sank to her knees.

Sirius, using all his strength to at least keep one of the guardians, shot a dark blast at the Air Guardian, making her eyes turn black, too.

"Aira fight it!" Irma yelled, keeping her distance unlike Cornelia did and running to Hay Lin.

"Hay, maybe you can take your Guardian energy and transform it into Aira to help her!" Irma pleaded, for once being serious in her life as tears filled her eyes.

Hay Lin nodded. "She'll be alright, Irma." She said, as a silver energy swirled around her hands as she took a few steps closer to Aira and transferred this energy into the new Guardian as a few of the black energy subsided.

More powerful, Aira felt her mind start to clear up as she stepped up and her hands filled with energy and the silver appeared in her palms. Her head felt like it was about to explode as she used all the power in her to help clear the black energy. With that she twirled her hands around as she created the strongest tornado she ever conjured and sent it flying to Sirius. "This cannot be happening!" He yelled as he was blown back and hit the ground, hard.

Aira felt herself grow light-headed as she saw the blurry figures of her mom and sister. She walked forward, smiling as she stumbled into her mother's arms.

"Aira." Irma said, tears in her eyes as she wrapped her arms around Aira. Alex joined in on the hug, still surprised about what happened. Aira felt her eyes slowly close, as she let her head rest on her mom's shoulder.


"BLAST! You have NOT seen the last of me, Guardians! I SHALL RETURN!" Sirius scowled as he disappeared back to his base.

"Come on, guys. Gaea and Aira need rest. Let's go home." The Heart activated once more, and in a flash of pink light, the Guardians and their families were back at the Hales' home, where they placed Aira and Gaea on the couch, and let them recover from their battle.

Gaea slowly opened her eyes and looked around...she was in Candracar!

"Welcome Gaea" said a voice

Gaea sat up slowly and looked for the source of the voice...It was the Oracle.

"Wha...What happened?" she asked nervously "Why am I here?"

"Your not truly here" the Oracle spoke cryptically "You spirit was called here while your body rests"

"What happened to Sirius?" she asked.

The last thing she remembered was begging her mother for help, then an overwhelming pain as she fought Sirius's dark magic, the rest was a blur.

"He's gone for now...but he'll be back" the Oracle replied "Your free of his grasp now though"

She remembered the evil thoughts and feelings that ran through her not too long ago...she never wanted to feel that way again.

"I brought you here to see how you feel" the Oracle continued

"I'm fine sir" Gaea said politely, she looked at the floor

"Your head says your fine but your heart tells another story...Please, speak your heart young Guardian"

"I...Did you make a mistake?" she asked "Making me a guardian that is?"

"Such impudence" said a voice behind the Oracle, it was Tibor "How dare you say such things to the Oracle?"

"Thats quite all right Tibor" the Oracle smiled "What makes you think that?" he asked Gaea

"Well...its just...If it wasn't for me none of this mess would of happened in the first place...if it wasn't for me..." Gaea felt a sadness in her, she imagined she'd have tears stinging her eyes right about now if she was in her body "Not only did I endanger the other guardians when I left them but I also submitted myself to Sirius's evil..."

"You felt you needed time to work things out, you felt alone and out of place...its understandable how you felt and why you chose to do what you did..." the Oracle said "Tell me...do you think if you stayed on the team and had to keep these feelings inside you, do you think things would have been better?"

"I...I don't know" she said "Maybe..."

"Things may have turned out worse" the Oracle said "Your powers wouldn't have been at there fullest"

"Still...they didn't help...I gave in to Sirius..."

"To help Aira" the Oracle interrupted "To answer your question...no. I didn't make a mistake"

Gaea smiled

"Thank you" she said "But I still have things to work out with the others...even with all thats happened I...I still don't know how I feel...I mean...nothings changed...I'm still the outcast...Thats just how I feel, they don't understand that..."

"Maybe you don't give them enough credit" the Oracle smiled

"Maybe..." Gaea sighed "But I can't just change how I feel...I guess its something I'm going to have to work on...but I'm willing to put in the effort" She smiled "Maybe with time I'll open up to them more but for the moment I'm content being a loner"

"Your not alone" the Oracle corrected "Not for a minute"

"Your right...of course" she laughed "But it will still take time...Rome wasn't built in a day"

"Very well" the Oracle smiled "Now its time for you to return to your world"

Gaea nodded, she closed her eyes and felt her self get whisked away.

Gaea and Aira woke up in Gaea's house, with the other Guardians, Cornelia, Irma, Hay Lin and Alex by their side.

"Ugh! What happened? Last thing I remember was fighting Sirius's spell," Aira groaned.

"Hey! Welcome back, you two," Christina chirped.

"How are you feeling?" Cornelia asked.

"Fine, I guess," the girls answered. Gaea sighed, and prepared to do what she knew she should have done a long time ago.

"I... wanna apologize for bailing out on you," she said. "I now know that my actions to you were wrong. Of course, this still doesn't change anything, there's still a lot that I need to work out with you guys, but I'm willing to give it a try."

"I feel I should apologize, too. I had no idea the type of danger we were going to be up against, so I took it like it was no big deal. I now see that this Sirius guy is gonna be one big test."

"We understand," Christina replied. "And, we're probably the ones to blame for trying to cheer Gaea up nstead of asking her what was wrong. You know, you could've told us, and we would've helped you. Hey, nobody said being a Guardian was gonna be easy"

"Thanks, guys," Gaea and Aira smiled and hugged their teammates.

*****************************************************
Sirius retreated back to his palace, pondering his bitter defeat.

"It appears I have under-estimated those girls. No matter, they won't be so lucky next time." Then he thought about Irma, Cornelia, and Hay Lin, specifically Hay Lin. He recalled Mrs. Raveena using her energy to save Aira, and immediately deduced that the three adults were Guardians from the past. "Now why didn't I see that before? If I can destroy the Guardians in the past, then the Guardians of the future won't exist!" Sirius grinned evilly at his brilliance. This battle has just begun, Guardians.

Christina: Whoo! What a trip! I'm just glad we're at least back together.
Me: Yep, though I'm kinda concerned for what Sirius has up his sleeves next. I mean, Sirius is gonna try to destory your moms!
Christina: Not if we get to them first. Heeeeeey... I'm gonna get to see how cool my mom was way back then! AWESOME!
Me: It's gonna be a wild time-traveling ride, as W.I.T.C.H. and M.A.G.I.C.A.L. team up! Guardians from two different time periods will meet each other in the ULTIMATE partnership. So stay tuned, and I PROMISE this time, the wait won't be as long. See ya!