Fan Fiction ❯ Marauders Beginning ❯ Visitors ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Warnings: Same as last time OC's, mild AU and mild Shonen ai to the point that its more of just best friend type vibes.
Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter characters, but I do own Romy, McCloud, Silver, and the occasional background student.
AN- I hate the name of this chapter. A lot. But anything else is equally corny, and it works for all POV's present, so its not that bad. And as for why there is so much driving in this, I figure that sometimes, wizards would like nice drives as much as the rest of us (Arthur uses a car sometimes) and that if they were going into town, they'd walk or drive to avoid notice-unless it was a full wizard town.

Reviews-
SneakyFox: Thanks the very nice review. I'm glad you noticed the meaning behind the twins names.

Chapter Two: Visitors


James Potter, named after his deceased grandfather James Potter Senior, was a highly over active child. A real wild boy, as his family tended to call him, always pulling dirty tricks and pranks on anyone he could. He was not above using muggle and magic to get his tasks done, and his parents often found themselves wishing they weren't pure blood wizards, as it was far to easy for a pure-blood child like James to pick up small spells to use in his 'adventures'. It would be suffice to say, that they were looking forward to the approaching school year and the freedom it would provide for them. Almost a full year without having to watch where they stepped or sat in fear of getting something foul on their clothes.

James was currently sitting in the back of his fathers car-where he'd been for over two hours now-with a sour expression on his face. The young male was not fond of lengthy car rides, seeing as there was nothing for him to do but sit there and listen to his parents chatter. He was suppose to have been visiting his friend this week, but his mother had suggested to his father that they go and spend some time at his grandmothers house. If he behaved, Mrs. Potter said he could go at the end of summer for a few days. If he behaved.

He'd be bored out of his mind at his grandmothers house, so there was no chance of him acting in any proper manner for long. He'd have to do something to pass the week away. It wasn't that he didn't like it at his Grans house or anything of that sort-Grandmother Potter was his favorite older relative-but there were no people for him to play with there and his mother had strict rules over how one should act in an older womans house. No running, no yelling, no dirt in the house, and any number of other stifling laws to abide by. It was just plain boring.

Grumbling under his breath, James shifted in his seat and ran a hand through his unruly chestnut colored hair. The summer was looking to be the worst one ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“And remember, Mrs. Potter wants you to go up to the main house for lunch today.” Remus nodded to his mother from the sink, watching as she pulled on her coat by the kitchen door. “And help your father clean out the cellar later, okay?” The woman added, smiling sweetly at her son as she opened the door.

“Qui, mum, salute, be gone.” Remus replied with a smile and a shooing motion, flinging soapy bubbles from the sink in his mothers direction. The dark haired woman laughed in response, rolling her eyes at the use of French. She always found it amusing when either of the twins tried to mimic their fathers language.

“Alright, alright, I'm leaving. You have a nice day, and maybe I'll bring you and your brother something back from town.” Opening the door, Mrs. Lupin stepped outside and waved goodbye.

Remus smiled as she left, pulling the plug on the dish water and drying his hands on his pants. Remus and his family had been at the Potter estate for just over a week now, and the boy was enjoying his stay. Somewhere, in the back of his mind, a voice was telling him this was only temporary, like all their recent homes. He ignored it for now, though-he was happy, and comfortable, and not in the mood to dwell on the sadder aspects of his life.

Instead, he focused on how nice Grandmother Potter was-the old witch insisted that he and his twin call her Grans-always giving them treats and letting Romulus use her study. While generally more out going then Remus himself, Romulus loved reading and learning. The study was massive, and full of tomes and scrolls and books on all manner of subjects, and the blue eyed twin spent hours inside it at a time. Remus, on the other hand, much more enjoyed roaming the property and exploring the small patches of woods on the estate grounds. So long as he wasn't gone to long, of course.

Sighing, Remus stepped away from the emptying sink, done with his morning chore of dishes, and headed upstairs to his bedroom to change. He would have to work that afternoon, helping his father, so he figured he'd use his morning to have some fun. There was a huge tree behind the main house, just beside the families greenhouse, and he wanted to try and climb to the very top.

Once dressed, Remus headed back downstairs again, pausing at his brothers door to pass on the message from their mother about lunch on his way down. He was halfway up the stone walkway that led to the manor, when he noticed something out of place. A fancy, bright red, car was parked in the driveway, close to the front of the old home. Mrs. Potter's butler had an old car in the garage for buying groceries, so the vehicle couldn't be hers as far as Remus could gather. While it was none of the boys business, he couldn't help his curious feet changing his direction on the walk, now heading for the bay doors to the dining room instead off out behind the house.

'Curiosity killed the cat' Remus thought idly to himself as he reach the sliding glass doors. 'Good thing I'm a wolf.' He added with a hint of amusement where there usually would be sadness.

Luckily, Sandy was cleaning the dinning room and not his father, so Remus didn't have to worry about being scolded for 'Bothering the bien missus.' Sandy usually just ignored the twins or even, occasionally, slipped them muffins from a cooling pan if they showed up at the right time. Today, Sandy simply nodded a polite hello, which Remus returned in kind as he crossed the room to the dens door, and went about his work. As Remus approached the door, he could make out voice mixed in conversation, his acute hearing picking out Mrs. Potters friendly tones as well as two unfamiliar ones-a male and a female if Remus was any judge.

“Go on in, boy.” Remus jerk at the sound of Sandy's voice, glancing back at the older male as he wiped down the table. Without replying, Remus carefully pushed opened the swinging door and stepped into the den.

Sitting in the den, with old lady Potter, was a woman around his mothers age with dark brown hair and gray eyes, a slightly younger man with honey blond hair and deep blue eyes, and a young boy who was clearly their son-he had his mothers features and hair, but his fathers eyes. Remus had seen the three people in photographs around the house, and knew they were Mrs. Potter's family, but not their exact relations to her.

“Oh, hello Remus dear. Your a little early for lunch now aren't you?” Mrs. Potter greeted him with a smile despite the words. The strangers turned to look at Remus, and the boy-who'd previously been slouching in his chair looking depressed-visibly perked up.

“Who is this, Eliane?” The woman Remus did not know spoke, her voice pleasant but a tiny bit suspicious.

“Didn't I mention my new employee's?” Mrs. Potter asked innocently, and Remus had the impression that the old woman had not mentioned them to these people. “My old age must have made it slip my mind. I hire a nice young man to help around the house, and he brought his family to stay as well. This is one of his boys, Remus.”

The man frowned, his face drawn up in a displeased expression. “Mother, you really shouldn't be taking in strangers.” He spoke in a scolding tone, and Remus shifted uncomfortably, eyes downcast. He was use to being given strange looks, but that didn't mean he liked being subject to them.

“Nonsense Alexander, they are respectable people. Mrs. Lupin is from a very prestigious Roman family of pure-bloods, and her husband is an American wizard. And the boys will be starting school this year with James-won't you Remus?” Mrs Potter turned her kind old eyes at Remus.

“Ah. Yes, we are, Mrs Potter.” He forced out, purposely not calling her Grans-he didn't think her son would appreciate it much. 'If I'm lucky enough to go,' He thought to himself afterwards.

Mrs Potter smiled, her laugh lined face soothing Remus' nerves. “How about you take Remus up to your room, so he can help you unpack?” She suggested, glancing at the so far silent child-James, Remus assumed-as she spoke.

“Right, Gran.” James jumped from his chair with obvious excitement. “Come on Remus.” He grinned, heading for the door opposite the one Remus had come in, which led to the main hall.

Remus smiled at the adults and nodded politely before following after the energetic boy. James was a bit taller then him and had more substance to his build-Remus was always on the pale and scrawny side-and he looked like a generally nice guy.

“So, how long you been here? I mean, can't have been to long, or Dad would have known by now.” James asked, waiting for Remus to catch up to him out in the hall by the stairway that led up to the second floor of the house.

Remus shrugged slightly. “Eight days or so now. Not fully moved in yet, even.”

James nodded, starting up the staircase, leading Remus to his bedroom more then likely. “Well, I'm glad your here. This place is bloody boring sometimes.” James stated, pulling a facial expression similar to the one his father had had on his face moments ago.

“Really?” Remus frowned. “I think this place is grand-its bigger then any other house I've lived.” He had had many homes in his relatively short life, some nicer then others, but none as big or beautiful as the Potter estate.

“Wait until you see Hogwarts then-its suppose to be huge! My whole families been there at one point or another. My best friend and I plan on exploring the entire castle while were there. Mum says its impossible, though.” James cerulean eyes sparkled in anticipation of future exploits, and Remus smiled at the other brunette. James was a bit like Romulus, and Remus was already starting to like the other boy. The summer was looking to be even better then he'd ever imagined. Remus could only hope that he could go to Hogwarts and explore it with James and his friend-impossible or not, it sounded fun.



Review please-questions and suggestions are always welcome. The next few chapters should be typed up pretty soon-I plan to have at least the first five up by July 3rd-I start 3d Animation then and will have less time to work on this then I do right now.

Oh, and if someone can correct me on James eye color, tell me-I can't remember it ever being said (lily has green eyes) so I thought blue was nice. Anyways...