Fan Fiction ❯ MERCS ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Mercenary Valcrist

Things have always been…different. In my world fighting is noble and a way of life. Mercenaries are common but so are law enforcers and criminals. The common everyday people. Things here rely on magic and technology working together in harmony. But like things with power there is always conflict weather you are right or wrong in how you use it. Well that's the way I believe it is anyway.

"*Sigh* Life is sweet." I commented lying on the transport. I was taking a trip to my headquarters. I had nothing to do but relax but I'm always prepared. There are plenty of bounty hunters after me. No matter how many I pay off more still come after me. You would figure that whoever keeps sending them would get the hint that I don't lose easily. I'm no outlaw but a mercenary. I work for the money and what I think is right. Which is really broad. Anything that stops intergalactic war, war in general and beats down some bad guys is what I take. I have to be general to earn a living as a Merc. Or you don't get called back. Well that and you have to be good, really good. But one upside. Life is never boring and you never give up. That is a Merc.'s motto. It's the motto to live by. I got up from my seat to hit the observatory. Space is fun to look at; even if it is the two hundredth time I have seen it. I was walking down the hall when I nanonite COM activated.

"Valcrist here." I answered.

"Hey V. We got news on one of the bombers you are after." My team coordinator said.

"Sorry but my contract said I hunt for two months. That ended yesterday." I said. Merc.s live by their contracts. It is our job's guidelines.

"No problem. They singed you on for another month," she said cheerily.

"How did that happen?" I asked.

"In the fine print it said that if you are needed again your contract would be reinstated. I always told you to read the fine print," she told me.

"I can't believe the one time I don't read it this happens." I scolded my self. "So what do I do?" I asked her.

"Well you need to find Mr. Hinmaten and search his bag. He supposedly is carrying a mini-nitro explosive that could wipe out a city block. But as always you are not supposed to let anyone know that you are searching." She said.

"As always. Why the hell would he have one as powerful as that?"

"Well let me put it this way. It may help you search. They transport your on will come into close range with the Space force ship 1. The galactic Pres. Is on it. Good enough?" My Boss said.

"Oh yeah that is good enough to get me moving. But I better get a bonus." I stated, I wouldn't though.

"Don't count on it." She said signing off.

"Well V you heard the Boss. Get moving." My contact said.

"Yeah, yeah I'm on it." I said. Why do I always have to deal with women? Life is cruel. I looked around. Time to get to work. That is what I get for thinking I would get a vacation. I left the observatory and went to the question panel. Every ship has one with information about the ship. Helps people learn where the emergency exits. I was on a `Hawkeye' transporter, civilian model with a XC-8965 proton engine. I have been on too many of these. I checked the passenger list and found who I was looking for. I pulled out my CPU hacker. I put it on the screen and it hacked the info about the passenger. One suitcase, one way ticket, near the hold. Great suicide bomber. Just the kind I like. I took my hacker off and put it back in my pocket. I walked down to the hold and put a mini camera on the hold door. I looked at the question panel down here and found out that the path of the Space forces ship will pass by here in three hours. Great nothing like pressure. I turned to see a security force with guns pointing at me.

"Officers?" I asked with my hands in the air.

"What are you doing down here?" One asked.

"Checking the info panel and going for a walk. We still have a while to we dock and I don't want to go back to sleep." I said calmly. I had a few weapons pointed at me. Lasers and such. Nothing serious as long as they didn't fire at full power. I wouldn't feel it but I wouldn't feel anything after that though.

"Walk this way." I guard was pointing with his gun. I was lead to the stairs. "Put your hands down and calmly walk to the top of the stairs." He continued. I walked up to the top and turned to see them behind me.

"Keep walking Merc." The captain of the security force said. So much for secrecy. I was `forced' to go to the captain's quarters. I use the term loosely because I wasn't held at gunpoint. More like arm breaking point. I hate cooperating with the law. I was left in the captain's quarters to think. Well if I don't figure out what is going on in a few hours I will be toast with the rest of the ship. I looked for the air vent stationed in the ship. I went to the wall and started taping. Thump, thump, thump, dong, thump…dong. Bingo! I stood back and punched with a full force punch. I broke away the remnants of the wall and looked down the vent. I'm glad I'm not claustrophobic. I climbed in and snuck down the vent. I poked my head out back in the cargo hold. I love it when I'm right. I flipped down to the floor silently. I had my few possessions here that I grabbed. Something told me that a hasty exit was in order. I walked to the bag that was supposed to hold the bomb. I put my visor on and scanned it. My visor is an extra sensory computable database (ESCD) that I have had ever since I joined the business. It comes in handy. I scanned it to find that it was indeed a bomb.

"Just what I needed. I don't need this now. Time to disarm it." I said bending down.

"Freeze!" I heard a commanding voice say. Busted. Damn, worst time too.

"Listen. There is a bomb in that suit case that if you open it you will blow us all to hell. Now it is going to go off when the Space forces ship comes near us." I said hands up high and facing the wall.

"I know. That was only a diversion to draw you out. Listen Merc," This voice hated my kind with a passion apparently. "We have business. Now either you cooperate or I will blow this ship up. I have a device and if I don't check in every ten minutes it will explode. Got it?" it asked.

"Nice voice cameo, Yeah I got it." I commented.

"You will help me got it?" It asked.

"I already answered that." I responded.

"Good. Now when we land you will be contacted by a recruiter who will ask for a Valhencher. That is you." The voice started telling me these things. "You will then do what he says. Once that is completed the bomb will be disarmed. Got it?" It asked.

"Got it." I answered.

"Stand there for ten seconds then you may leave. Oh and go out the back way." It told me. There goes my vacation plans. The bomb didn't go off needless to say. I also made it back to the captain's quarters before anything went wrong. I was then told that I was going to be conned in to some type of mission for destroying a building. Why me? I have always asked that question and I have yet to here an answer. I left the ship on my bike to the back entrance to see a person asking for the name.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Take the transport to the capitol building." Was all the person said and left. I got on the ship and waited. I dropped of my bike to be delivered home. I took my seat and leaned back in the chair.

"You will get off half way during flight. The first stop will consist of a drop off of supplies. I'm sure you will find a way off." A voice from behind me said. I got up a minute later to get a drink. I knocked out the security guard and jumped off the plane. I flipped and tumbled till I caught up with the supplies. I sat on the box when the parachute opened. It landed then a phone rung from it the trees. I picked it up.

"You will wait there." A voice told me then hung up. This is getting interesting. I sat down and waited. Five minutes later several men with weapons came out.

"Hello what can I do for you?" I asked.

"You have been caught red handed bomber," one said with a sneer.

"Excuse me?" I asked dumbfounded.

"We got an anonymous tip that said that you were the bomber. The ship that you were on blew up on its launch five minutes ago. You were reported in the hold and on the transport ship leaving the area," one said. I stood there with my jaw on the floor. I was surprised. I was about to raise an argument when one opened fire on me. I hit the dirt fast.

"Don't fire! We were told to bring him in for questioning," I think the leader said. I was hit, not bad but enough. I didn't know what happened after that. I was unconscious. I woke up in the last place I thought I would be, The Intergalactic Jail. I have been here several times because I put many people here. That is why I didn't want to be here.

"Looks like the Merc. woke up," I herd a comment from the cell across from mine say. I sat down and thought. A few things seemed fishy. Particularly about the part of my contract being reinstated and then this junk happening. I heard my nuro COM fire up with me awakening. `Time to get some answeres' I called my contact.

"Hello?" she asked.

"I got a few questions," I stated.

"Oh good you are alive. Boss has been freaking out about the incident that happened. You were on trial," She said relieved.

"How? I have been unconscious since they caught me," I stated.

"It was a digital trial and you weren't needed. It was totally screwed up because it was obvious that you were set up. But what can we do?" she asked with anger in her voice.

"I have a few suspicions and I need to check them out. But I need to get out first. Got any data on this place?" I asked. I knew she wouldn't let me down.

"Yeah I got all data that we have on the place," she responded.

"Tell me when the next guards come around and how far it is to the east wall from my position," I said.

"The next guard change is in three hours. Where are you and I can give you a position," she told me. I got up and went to the front of the cage. I looked at all the walls and the ceiling.

"I'm in cell block C section D cell 24," I read off the wall.

"Let me see…okay, when you leave your cell head left and then right down the hallway four door. Then you should see a sign saying left to the exit. Head down two flights of stairs and then left up two hallways. Go right and then you should see a window to your right. You should be at the east wall. Is that good?" she asked me.

"Yeah thanks, I need you to tell boss that I will be working over time to finish my contract and then after I am taking a vacation weather she likes it or not," I stated waiting back in my cell. I sat down taking stock of my equipment.

`Not much. Just two pistols with fifty rounds of ammo and my fly pack,' I thought to myself. A fly pack is standard issue on a Merc. It is a small backpack that is almost invisible to the eye. It also hides against most scanners. It is a metallurgy that unfolds to form a small pair of wings. Great for escapes.

`Looks like I have to rely on it,' I thought looking at my watch. There is only one problem with the fly pack. The material is almost as thin as paper. If a few well-placed bullets hit it I can't use it. But the perk to dealing with that is that it regenerates over time. As long as I am alive anyway.

"Hey Merc! You still alive?" I heard someone call out.

"Yeah," I responded.

"I know the position you are in. I am in the same one," I heard someone talk in the cell next to mine.

"And?" I asked.

"Well you are going to need some help. So I want to offer you a deal," I heard a whisper.

"What kind of deal?" I asked using the same voice level.

"We get out of here and you pay me two hundred credits. I also will help you out the best I can after we get out," I heard a whispered response.

"What's the catch?" I asked.

"We need to stop at the armory to get my stuff and yours also," I heard the response. I sat and thought. I would need the help. This place used its prisoners to help capture escapees and let the prisoners of easy. They also hired bounty hunters that are the best to hunt escapees down. Of course if the prisoner failed to capture me he or she would be killed as a reminder that you couldn't escape.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Call me Faith," was the answer.

"Well Faith I would like to sign your abilities on," I told her. This could be really good or really bad, correction horribly monstrosity bad for me.

"Thanks, don't bother trying to get info on me. The nuro net hasn't heard of me in three years," I heard the voice whisper. Scratch that idea.

"Well I will break you out when I leave. Just be prepared," I told her.

"Yeah. You too," I heard back. This certainly has been an interesting day. I rested knowing that I might not be able to do it in a while. Two hours later my watch woke me up. I sat up and stretched and proceeded to do some exercises. I needed to be ready the best I could.

"Quiet as a mouse. Don't worry about the new guy he is a push over," I heard a guard say.

"Yeah thanks," I heard a response. I heard footsteps lead away from the hall. I stood and walked to the bars. The guard walked by and I grabbed his head and slammed it against the bars. Grabbed the key and turned the lock on the bars in all of three seconds so the security couldn't over ride the card. I stepped out and shot the security lock on the cell next to mine.

"Faith right?" I asked.

"Nice timing. This way!" said the figure taking off running. I followed right behind the person. I turned two hallways keeping up. We got to a high security door. Faith typed on the keyboard.

"Damn!" said Faith. Faith typed again on the command console. I pushed Faith back stood in front of the door and gave it a swift kick.

"That won't work it is made out of Ti," was as far as Faith got before it fell.

"Door is open," I commented looking at Faith. Faith ran in and started grabbing stuff off the racks. I went to my stuff after looking at the list. I loaded up my pistols and my other weapons. I put my visor on and put on my light shields as well as the rest of my armor. I grabbed my sword and proceeded to `loot' the items off of the guards' stuff. Faith was doing the same as me. We left the prisoners stuff because we know about the honor among Mercenaries. Everyone worked hard for his or her stuff so don't touch and don't interfere with the contract someone has only if you want the job. I loaded up my rifle and strapped my last light shield to my arm then turned to see Faith dressed in full combat armor.

"Wow!" I stammered.

"Stop gawking and move!" Faith yelled out. I took off running with Faith right behind me. I checked where we were and I saw that we were three hallways from freedom. I stood in front of the window.

"Here we go," I said pointing to the window.

"What is here? All I see is the city," Faith said.

"Well Faith have faith," I said and slammed against the wall knocking it down.

"Haha," Faith said dryly. The laser rifle that Faith had shot down a few more guards that had appeared.

"Do you have a fly pack?" I asked.

"No," was the annoyed response.

"Well then I need you to give me some breathing room out there. So if you could shoot down the flyers that would be great," I commented back and took a running start. I saw the gun Faith had light up on the airships outside. I started running to get some speed then I grabbed a hold of Faith and jumped out the hole in the wall.

"ARE YOU INSANE!!!!" I heard Faith scream. I pulled the cord on my fly pack and gave Faith a lift. I pulled up and tried to keep us aloft and away from the flyers that were nearby.

"No just a little crazy," I said grunting with the effort. It's hard to lift two people and with at least a hundred pounds of weaponry on each of them. Faith took the opportunity to shoot down a few more ships.

"Land on one of those. I know how to pilot some transports," Faith said.

"Gladly," I responded dropping Faith on a transport that was coming from below. I folded the wings up and landed next to Faith. I saw Faith rip open the hatch and go inside. I pulled out my Rifle and started firing at anyone that shot at us. I felt the ship shutter from explosions. I leaned over the side and fired at the ships coming from below. I felt the ship start to move. I fired a few more shots then I jumped down the hatch. I landed on the floor to see a couple of guards and two pilots unconscious or dead on the ground.

"Where to?" Faith asked.

"Get us to the out skirts I can get us a ride from there. About the money," I started.

"Get it to me when we are done," I got for an answer.

"Okay good because I have yet to get my paycheck," I said nervously. I saw Faith work the controls like a master and we set off away from the inescapable jail. There weren't any weapons on board good enough to fire back at the jail, which was to be expected since this was only a transport, not a fighter ship. I checked my magic material to see if it was tampered with. I then put it back in my sword and shields. I had only one summon magic, which was uncommon because every one usually has at least three. But I had invested my money in status change material and elemental material. I had seven strength increasers for example. My speed, heath, defense and other abilities were increased too. But I had plenty of magical casters as they are called. But mine were high level because I use them a lot. I checked on our progress once I had finished putting the material back. I looked around as well to see what we had to work with.

"So you are a Merc right? What's your name?" I heard Faith ask.

"Yeah I am a Merc. You can call me Valcrist," I answered.

"That high fighter from the Gribbler's mercenaries right?" I heard Faith ask.

"Yeah how did you know?" I asked perplexed. She or he, I hadn't figured out yet with the large cloak and voice disturber had been in there for two years.

"I talk to the guys you put away. Not many like you," Faith commented.

"Well it's only my job," I said nervously.

"…" Was the response I got. I looked in the back to see so bad news.

"Faith I think we are leaking fuel," I called to Faith.

"I noticed, but I can land on the outskirts," Faith replied.

"For the sake of my sanity could you turn off the voice disrupter thing?" I asked.

"I don't fully trust you yet," I got a cold response from her.

"Sorry I asked," I replied annoyed. I went to the back and tried to see if I could patch up the hole in the fuel system.

`Why couldn't this be one of those magic generators instead of a gas burner?' I thought to myself. I plugged it up the best I could and poured the leaked fuel back in. I walked back to the pilot's chair and sat in the co-pilot's chair.

"We should be landing soon," Faith said.

"Don't worry about the ride. I got it covered," I said reassuringly. I fired up the nuro COM.

"Good news I'm out." I said to her.

"Great now where can we pick you up?" she said relieved.

"Get us on the outskirts of the city. Follow the usual signal," I said and hung up. I relaxed in the chair and looked at the view.

"Valcrist I'm sorry to disturb your time of relaxation but I have a slight problem here," Faith said.

"That is?" I asked sitting up.

"We are being followed," Faith answered.

"I will shoot them down then," I said getting up.

"Do it soon we got twenty minutes of fuel left," Faith said. Nothing like good old pressure. I ran to the hatch and opened it or what was left of it. I got out and pulled out my rifle. I took aim at the cockpits and waited. If they fired first it was an act of defense on my part. I wasn't disappointed. They opened up at me with a fury. Mainly because if they didn't take me back dead or alive they would die. So I fired on the weapons and engines. Only for it to be deflected by magic force fields. So I brought out my one and only summon. Now for all of you who have never seen a summon time to take notes. I pulled out the tiny jewel and focused on it. It glowed a dull orange then shot a single spark into the air. The spark grew enormous and then shot into the clouds. Lightning fired down and hit me drawing the necessary magical power from me to summon the monster. A second later there is a shudder of power. Then a large sword lands at my feet. The hilt of the sword starts to glow as a hand from nowhere picks it up. A great flash of light happens and then it settles to see a large humanoid figure in blue and red armor holding a mighty sword and shield in its hands. It raises its arms and then lowers then very fast, drawing lightning from the clouds. It looks at the enemies then glows a crimson red.

"RAIN OF HEAVENS!" it cries out then lots and lots of meteors fall from the sky destroying the ships tailing us. It looks at the destruction then jumps back into the sky and disappears back into the spark it came from. The spark falls back into the jewel in my hands.

"Thank you buddy. New attack huh?" I asked the jewel. It normally does omega blast but it is more of destruction to enemies on the ground. My summon is a rare one that has many attacks. That's why I only have one. Well that and it comes to me fast because it is the only one I have. I put eh jewel back in my pocket and stand on the back of the ship making sure that no more are following us. I climb back in the ship and sat down in the co-pilot's chair.

"That was a powerful summon back there," Faith said.

"Thanks. It is all I have for summons," I said stretching out my back.

"What is it called?" Faith asked me.

"He is called `Knight of the stars Orion' but his is my best back up," I said leaning back in the chair. Faith nodded and set the ship down as we ran out of fuel. I got up and went to the outward door. I opened it and turned on my watch's alarm. I leaned against the side of the ship and waited. Ten minutes later a small automatic transport landed.

"Coming Faith?" I called into the ship.

"Yes," Faith answered walking out of the ship still covered by her large cloak. I opened the door to the automatic ship. I stepped in and sat in the passenger chair.

"Please state the password." The computer asked me.

"Valcrist owes Kris money," I answered relaxing in the chair.

"Thank you Valcrist. Voice recognition needed."

"I will pay her win I make it big," I said yawning.

"Voice recognition approved. Please enjoy the flight." It said shutting up.

"You sound like you have done that before," Faith said taking the seat nest to mine. Actually it was the only one left.

"This time would make it 376 times I have done this," I responded kicking back the chair.

"Aren't you afraid I might try to kill you?" Faith asked.

"What reason would you have?" I asked back yawning.

"Well my fellow cell mates would pay a lot of money to see you dead," I heard Faith say.

"Would you go back and get the money?" I asked drowsily.

"Good point," Faith said rolling over. I slept for the trip back to base. I woke up to see Faith still asleep in the other chair. I stood and stretched then went to the small compartment in the back to grab some food. Small didn't begin to describe the cramped area.

"With all the magic and technology around you would think that they would change some of this," I said to myself. I pulled out some freeze-dried food and set it out pulling the tab off of it. In a matter of seconds it was steamy and smelling good. Got to love that magic. I grabbed a little pill and broke it open to see a fork unfold from with in. Repeat statement from above. I grabbed it and sat back down and started eating. It tasted faker then possible but it was made to heal you not for pleasure. I finished the magic goo, as I call it, and put the waste in the trash. I relaxed in the chair and heard Faith stir in his or her sleep. I still have to figure that out. It was driving me nuts. I leaned back and thought about what got me here. I had nothing better to do for the next hour. Well I didn't have a way to check what gender Faith is with out getting my skull cracked open so I will let Faith tell me. I pulled out my material and looked at it. It seemed so long ago when all I had was blizzard, fire, water, wind and my summon. Now I have eighty materials and counting. Because every time the material gets to its maximum level it duplicates it self. That is why I have so many increases on my abilities. I don't rely on them completely but I use them to even the odds. You never know when I might lose them. I had seven ten percent increases on my strength, eight ten percent increases and two five percent increases on my speed, nine ten percent increases of defense and one five percent, ten ten percent increases of my life and seven ten percent increases of magic. I have more but I left them at my bike. Which should be at my house under lock and key. I have elemental but they're only one of each. I didn't need any more then that. Well I did once and that almost got me fired but I would like to leave that out. Insurance reasons. I had blizzard through blizzardga, thunder through thunderga, water through waterga, fire through firega, bio through bioga, haste through hastega, slow through slowga, ultima, earthquake, and all the other ones. It's a lot but I need them. But of all things I don't have the material that makes you fly. You would be surprised how rare those are. I put the magic back in their places. I checked my ammo. I hadn't used that much. I had my two pistols, laser/solid rifle, and my back up laser pistol. I checked my hand held weapons last. My sword, two knives and my coopderistance my collapsible staff. So it isn't a big deal but it got me out of many jams. I saw Faith finally stand up. I heard a yawn, kind of feminine but then Faith stopped and stood still. Oh so it takes time to activate the voice thing.

"So do you trust me yet?" I asked.

"As much as a rat," was the cold response.

"Shot down again," I said shaking my head. I think I made Faith snicker but I didn't hear it. I feel it is safe to assume it is a woman because no guy is that deceptive. But I don't want to say anything because I know many guys that would kill me for thinking that. Mainly because they think they are devious. As devious as their girlfriends allow them to believe anyway. Of course I won't say names for my own safety and my manlyness's sake. Don't ask. Unless you have something to lose. I checked my watch to see that we would be arriving in a few minutes.

"Hey Faith! Get ready we should be landing soon," I called to Faith. I heard rustling in the back of the ship.

"Okay," was the response. I think that Faith had let her hair down so to speak for a second there. Well it is a step forward. I stood and looked out side. We had never left the planet because there was no need. One key thing about the inter travels is the there are gates that have been made to transport you to another planet. But they are made for military use. Or if you have a serious wad of cash. I grabbed hold of the chair as the ship landed; I heard a clatter of weapons. Faith must have fallen. I smiled at this. I opened the hatch and walked out.

"Freeze!" I was shouted at.

"Why?" I asked with my hands in the air.

"You are under arrest for escaping the galactic jail!" The guard continued.

"How could I escape the inescapable jail?" I asked remaining calm. We were beginning to draw attention.

"You have been tried and have been convicted. Please come with us," he continued.

"On what charges?" I asked.

"For escaping the galactic jail," was the response.

"But I was told that the galactic jail was inescapable. Is that not true?" I asked again. The guards were starting to believe me. I heard the crowd whisper something about the government either lying or wasteful spenders.

"It is…true!" I was yelled at.

"Well then how can I be arrested for something that is impossible to do?" I calmly asked.

"I will ask my superior," The guard said.

"Sorry for the incontinence," one apologized.

"No problem officer," I replied putting my hands down. The crowd left and Faith walked out.

"Well that was a different way of handling things. I thought you would just try to kill them," Faith said.

"Well if I did that there would be a reason to kill me on sight and arrest me. So I just talked it out," I responded casually. I walked down to the transporter.

"Excuse me but is there a Valcrist here?" I heard an attendant ask.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"You have a package from someone who says her name is Kris. Here you go," the attendant said.

"Thanks," I said handing him a five.

"You are very welcome," He said walking off. I opened the package to see two tickets. As well as a note. It read:

V,

I think you might need your bike so I had it shipped to the garage at level B1 parking spot seven.

K.

"Thanks Kris," I said out loud.

"Huh?" Faith asked.

"Just a friend giving a helping hand. Here take this and wait at the shuttle. We are on the next flight through the gate," I said handing Faith one ticket. I left to get my bike. I walked to the elevator and went down one level. I crossed the street to get the parking garage. I walked down to the transporter and transported to the level I needed to go to. I saw my bike in all its glory resting there. I smiled and stepped up to it. I touched the side and it opened the canopy. I got in and exited the parking structure. I rode up to the shuttle.

"Excuse me but could you load this on the ship?" I called out.

"Only if it has been assigned. What is it?" an operator asked. He looked at it and ran a finger down his list.

"Yeah it's on here," He said nodding. I rode it up on to the ship and then walked back into the shuttle port. I saw Faith waiting in line to get on. I walked up to Faith.

"So how are you doing so far?" I asked trying to get a conversation moving.

"I am fine, what took you so long?" Faith asked.

"I had to get our land transportation on the ship," I answered.

"Excuse me but you can't have the voice disturber active when you are on the ship," an attendant said to Faith.

"I will turn it off. When I get on," Faith answered annoyed.

"So I guess I can't talk to you?" I asked.

"No you can't," Faith responded coldly. Faith walked on to the ship or rather stormed onto it. I shook my head and handed my ticket over.

"Go on a head sir. Is there a problem with the other person?" she asked.

"I couldn't tell you," I answered. I looked at the ticket stub I had. Room 307, passenger suite. `A suite? Man they must miss me,' I thought. I walked along a few corridors till I got to the room. I opened the door. I stepped in and stopped. The lights were on and the shower running.

"Anyone in here?" I called out.

"Valcrist? What are you doing in my room!?!" I heard a yell.

"Well this is my room. It says room 307, and this is room 307. Wait who are you?" I asked.

"I had to turn the voice disturber off but it doesn't mean I can't camouflage my voice," I got a response.

"Well Faith I guess I will take the couch then," I said nervously. I sat down and leaned back. Then I noticed something. I felt behind me to see Faith's black robe.

"Would you like me to put your robe near the door?" I asked.

"Yes," was the stern reply.

"Touchy!" I said setting the robe on the door handle. I pulled out my Rifle and started to clean it. I don't need to do it but it is out of boredom. I didn't notice but the shower had turned off and Faith and grabbed the robe. I took aim at the ceiling and then set the gun down on the table in front of me. I looked up to see Faith putting the robe over her. I know it is a female now because that is one serious hourglass figure. I leaned back making it like I didn't see anything. Technically I didn't get more than a view of her chest and waist. She walked over to where I had set my ticket and looked at it.

"So you are not lying. Take the couch and if you even think about getting close to me I will personally rip you apart," Faith said walking over to the bed.

"This is going to be a long trip," I said under my breath. Actually it would only be two hours. But I had a feeling that it would feel like more than an eternity. I leaned back and tried to get some overdue relaxation. I am a year and a half overdue for a vacation. I relaxed for a minute then I heard soft breathing in the back round. I stood up then from the previous words thought better than what I was planning on doing. I did some excursuses instead.

"42…43…44…45…46…" I counted doing pushups. Thirty minutes later.

"2378…2379…2380…2.3.8…1. No more," I said collapsing. I stood up and bent my legs a few times. I sat down and slept the last half hour. I woke up to alarms. Gunfire, screams and explosions. I shot up to see everything was fine. We fine until I noticed that Faith was up. With out her robe as well. Yep defiantly a woman. There she was in a tight fitting body armor. I think they call it an exo-suit in the army. It fits skintight and is self-regenerating. I think my brain melted here. Jaw on floor eyes rolling on the ground kind of expression on my face.

"I uh ah Ur um I oh Faith I uh," stuttered with a numb brain. I didn't realize it but I was out cold before I knew she moved. I woke up with five guns in my face.

"Maybe I should have told you I was awake?" I asked.

"You say one damn thing about me not being able to do something and I will kill you," I was hissed at.

"I take it this was how you got in the jail right?" I speculated. I saw the guns get pulled away from my face. I visibly sighed. I saw Faith standing above me with her robe on and her weapons back in place. I then noticed that my weapons were gone.

"Your weapons are on the back table," she said pointing to the table by the bed. I rolled back wards and started putting my weapons back in their respective places. Sword on back, rifle on hip, pistols under arms, knives in holsters and staff on belt. I saw all my magic was still in place. I turned back to see Faith not there.

"Faith?" I questioned. I grabbed the rest of my stuff and ran out the door. I looked both ways and then flipped my visor on. It tracked her heat source. I took off after her. I owed her money. I don't like owing people stuff because of interest. I turned a corner and stopped. The ship was beginning to land. I went right and saw her turn a corner. I followed her only to be sent flying. I was then pinned to the wall with a pistol at my…never mind. I also had a dagger to my throat.

"What do you want?" Faith asked me.

"Two things I want to point out. One, I owe you money that I don't have at the moment. Two, you said you would help me after we escaped," I said holding up a finger each time. I couldn't see her face behind the mask she is wearing but I think she was considering something.

"On one condition will I accompany you," Faith hissed in my face.

"Name it," I said as bravely as I could. No man has much courage when a female says that with a gun to your balls and a dagger to your throat.

"You make any moves, wise cracks, passes, threats and/or coincidental accidents on me you will find yourself on the next train to hell. Got it?" Faith said menacingly.

"Got it," I replied. She backed off. I swallowed. This is going to be tuff. I walked back to the room with Faith behind me. Not close but not too far either. Not close enough that if I stopped that I would bump into her but not far enough away for us to get separated. I walked in to the room and grabbed a seat. Faith just eyed me, I think, and walked to the wall. The shuttle finished slowing down at the dock. I don't know how the transportation works so don't ask me. I heard the intercom turn on.

"Attention passengers we will be unloading then you may leave momentarily. So please relax," the pilot said.

"So Faith you still do not trust me huh?" I asked.

"No," was the simple response.

"Do you respect me at all?" I asked shooting in the dark.

"Enough for you to cover my back in a fight. That is it," Again the simple response. I winced at that. I wasn't exactly turning dates away left and right but I try not to do many dates because I might not come back after a mission. I won't be dead but I may not be able to set foot near the person again. I stood up and walked to the door.

"You may want to hold on to something Faith," I commented gripping the doorway. She looked at me confused then the ship stopped moving completely and she slid across the room. I grabbed her hand before she slammed into the wall.

"I warned you," I said smiling. I think she would have killed me if she hadn't herd the crack of my shoulder blades. I was now stretched from the door to almost one side of the room. I let go of the door and rubbed my shoulders.

"Owowowowowowowowowowow," I said rubbing my arms.

"Remember what I said about my condition?" Faith asked me.

"Yeah, but I didn't do anything but catch you before you hit the wall. What's wrong with that?" I questioned. Normally people would be happy you did something like that.

"You touched me," Faith said walking closer to me.

"You didn't say anything about that. You said passes, wise cracks, moves and coincidental accidents," I said putting my hands up. Faith stopped to think.

"You are now free to leave the ship," the pilot said. I backed away from the door. Faith walked to the door and looked at me.

"Thank you," she whispered as she walked by the door. I followed her out. Faith walked down the hall and out the hatch. I followed in suit then turned to get my bike off the stand. I hit the starter and rode down to the street. I saw Faith standing in the corner. I opened the canopy and motioned to her. Faith walked over.

"What is this?" Faith asked.

"Our transportation," I replied.

"But this thing could get thrashed real easily," Faith said looking at it.

"Would you like to walk?" I asked.

"No. But it looks like it could be blown up with one spell," Faith grumbled getting on.

"If one could hit it," I said closing the canopy and revving the engine. I shot down the street going way over the limit. I felt hands quickly wrap around my waist and they felt like they were gripping for dear life. I smiled and slowed down a bit. I weaved in and out of traffic like nothing heading to my job. I turned into the base area waving to the guards at the front gate. I went down the road heading to the large complex. I stopped in the garage.

"Hey uh Faith? Would you mind letting go?" I asked her when we stopped.

"What kind of bike is this?" she asked quickly letting go.

"Follow me and I will tell you," I said walking to the elevator. I waited a second then hit the call button. The doors opened and I stepped inside. I held the door open while Faith followed me in. I hit the top floor and relaxed against the wall of the elevator.

"Where are we?" Faith asked.

"My work," I responded.

"Valcrist! Boss wants to see you now!"

"Got you. Faith wait here and I will be back. So hold on," I told her. I walked down the hall. One of my friends cranked up the song Wild Wild West. It is an old song but I play it all the time. I waved to him as he relaxed against the chair. I walked to the door to my Boss's room. I knocked on the door.

"Come in Valcrist," the response was.

"You wanted to see me boss?" I asked.

"I want to apologize for getting you arrested. I want to give you your vacation. But you need to get your self out of hot water. I really can't officially help you or I'd bring bad press to my business. But unofficially I don't know you are here," she hinted.

"Thanks Boss. Oh and I need to find a place for a friend of mine. Could you work on that?" I asked leaving the room. I walked down the hall strutting to the music.

"Hey Valcrist anything we can unofficially do to help you?" a college of mine asked.

"Yeah a few things. One; find info about the terrorist group Peace faction. Two, find the connection between them and the company my contract is for and also any details about `dirt' on their company. I will think of more other than keep the song playing and thanks," I answered. I walked down the hall to the sounds of Wild Wild West and typing. I turned a corner to see Faith holding my best friend and some times partner up in the air. I ran to him and looked at him.

"Let me guess. You tried to ask Faith out?" I asked. He nodded trying to breath. I looked at faith's mask. I shook my head and she dropped him. He choked to get some air in.

"How many times do I have to tell you that some women don't like to be hit on?" I asked him. He shook himself off and stood up.

"Not enough times," he said rubbing his neck.

"Faith, try not to kill any more of my friends or co-workers," I said looking at her.

"You are just lucky I owe him something," Faith said walking down the hall,

"Tough chick," my friend said.

"And you're thick headed," I told him walking after him.

"So you going to be a poker tonight?" he asked me as I walked.

"Sure," I replied catching up to Faith.

"Poker?" she asked.

"Actually it's go fish with money," I said. She looked at me as if I was kidding. I just grinned and opened the door to my office. I stepped into the area where I have spent most of my teenage life. I walked into the room and opened the small fridge and grabbed a soda and closed the door with a push from my shoulder. I opened the can and sat down at my desk, reached down and turned my state of the art computer system online. I sat back in my chair and chugged the soda down. I pulled out my weapons and started to put them in the areas I had made for them. My guns got reloaded while my melee weapons were cleaned and upgraded.

"So Faith, need anything?" I asked checking my inbox for messages and doing some research.

"Do you live here?" she asked me.

"Nope just work here. Some times all night but I don't have a reason to head home," I replied.

"Well I could use a place to sit down," she told me.

"Hit the button on the right beside the book case," I told her.

"Thanks Valcrist," she said hitting a button and a couch folded out of the wall.

"I will be done here in about twenty minutes then I will take you to a place you can stay then I am heading home," I told Faith.

"What I am not staying with you?" she asked.

"Well my house is basically a kitchen a TV room and a bedroom. So it is more of a bachelors place," I said looking at her.

"Don't you think you need a bigger place?" she asked sitting down and leaning against the chair.

"Why?" I asked looking over my computer with interest.

"Well don't you think you would need to share it?" she asked getting uncomfortable.

"Um no actually. My job takes care of any person I need to safe guard with a safe house that I stay at. I only need my house for me and me alone," I told her looking at her oddly.

`I wonder what's with the sudden interest in my home style,' I thought getting back to my work. I continued looking through databases to find out as much as I could about the peace faction and any dirt on my contracted company. I scrolled down a site that was promising. I was about to continue searching when I saw something that caught my eye.

`What's this?' I asked my self. I clicked on the word Peace. My screen was filled with info about the peace faction.

"And bingo was his name," I said gleefully. I glanced up to see Faith looking at me with her mask off. She looked at me as if I was working to hard. I copied all the information and put it to a disk. I pocketed it and stood up. I grabbed my weapons and shut off my computer. I placed my empty soda in the trash and walked to the door. I glanced over at Faith as she put her mask back on.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"Don't rush me," she retorted in her scrambled voice.

"Crabby," I commented opening the door and walking out. I stood in the hall and noticed something. All was quiet. I glanced up and down the hall.'

`Oh boy. Why today?' I asked myself. I motioned for Faith to stay quiet.

"What's up?" she whispered.

"Surprise inspection," I answered quietly.

"What?" she asked.

"The police of the government come every once in a while to inspect for criminals and such working here. For instance me," I said quietly running down the hall. I still had my fly pack on and blessed myself for not taking it off. I glanced around and saw some soldiers coming this way. I ran back down the hall to the other corner. I motioned to Faith. She ran to me and turned the corner. I ran to the stairs and looked up and down. I saw soldiers climbing the stairs above us. I didn't see any below us. I started to descend the stairs moving quickly.

"So why are we not shooting at the soldiers?" Faith asked from behind me.

"Simple. One, I need to keep my job. Two, we do that and we draw serious attention to any bounty hunter that isn't already after us. Three, I want to save my energy so in case we have to fight one of their big enforcer machines we can actually win," I said still descending the stairs. I got to a door and opened it slightly and peeked in. I didn't see anyone so I peeked around the other side to see a massive amount of soldiers. I closed the door and shook my head.

"Unless we have a tank we are not going this way," I commented heading down another floor. I reached another door and opened it. Inside are plenty of solders that saw me immediately. Seven guns rose at me. I closed the door and pushed Faith and I back against the wall. I saw many shots of gunfire rip through the door. I pulled out my guns and ran past the door shooting the soldiers and rolling to the other side. More gunfire went into the wall I was hiding behind.

"Faith. There is a back entrance to the garages three levels up and down the hall. Tell anyone that isn't a guard that you know me and they will help you," I called to her above the gunfire. She nodded running up the stairs. I just breathed a sigh and put my pistols back. I activated my material and pulled out my sword. I burst through the wall and dodged the bullets coming at me. I jumped and killed the first guard slicing his throat. I ducked and kicked out the feet of the next guard leaving him open to me. I jammed my sword into his heart and jumped up. I kicked a soldier in the face while deflecting bullets from the other two guards. I cast thundera on them and shot three fireballs at the one that was on the ground frying him. I sliced the other two with my sword and then took off running to the window. I pulled out my rifle and put my sword back. I shot out the window and jumped out. I engaged my fly pack and coasted down shooting the few soldiers that were standing watch. I saw my bike start up as a enforcer machine started walking to me.

"Just the way to end my day," I commented under my breath. I pulled out my pistol and started firing at the enforcer while running to higher ground. I leapt up to the garage floors and started climbing up levels. I turned and fired every time I got one level higher. When I got a few levels higher than the enforcer itself it started climbing the floors as well. I ran to the next level and turned and cast as many thunder-like attacks as I could. I saw the enforcer machine light up like a Christmas tree. I pored on the magic till I was getting tired. I then continued to run up the floors till I was at the top floor, twenty stories up. I turned and started firing on the enforcer trying to slow it down, or hopefully make it fall down. When my guns ran out of ammo and the enforcer was almost to the top level. I did something that was crazy, insane and most of all…heroic. I jumped off the top level and slammed my feet down on the machine. I pulled out my sword and started to slice up the machinery. It couldn't attack me because its arms and legs were busy keeping it up and on the building. I jumped over to one arm and started to hack away at it. I got down to the wires and hardware before the other arm let go and aimed at me. I slide down on the arm losing my footing. I saw the targeting laser aim at my head. I struggled to get a foothold and pull myself up before it fired. It was about to fire the laser when I smiled. I let go and dropped down. I activated my fly pack and flew up. The enforcer blew its arm up before it could divert its attack. I flew down picking up enough lift to pull me up and out of the falling enforcer. It fell ten stories before its arm and legs caught onto a handhold. I got a distance away and pulled out a jewel. I concentrated on it and saw a spark fly up. An energy beam came down and took my energy. Blah, blah, blah you know the rest. My summon appeared floating down to see the enforcer trying to lower itself down with out falling. My summon aimed its sword at the enforcer. I started to hear some music coming out of the background. I saw my summon bring the sword up and start to collect energy.

"About time," I said. Every time a summon goes up a level of strength it's attack is strengthened. So it does its first attack at the first summon it gets. I smiled as it started to glow. All that power then traveled to the sword.

"SWORD OF JUSTICE!" he cried out. He swung the sword sending the bright light at the enforcer. The light hit the machine and it exploded. Shrapnel flew at me but I was protected by my summon Orion. My magic power ran out then and Orion flew back to the after life. A few more pieces of shrapnel flew at me and cut me as well as my fly pack I was hovering with. I started to fall very fast. I tried to pull up but I wasn't getting anywhere. I focused a ball of energy and shot it right before I hit the ground to get a small stop. I then landed on the ground with a sharp thud. Faith rode up with my bike and stopped.

"Get in!" she yelled. I looked up at her and limped on to the bike.

"Go," I gasped. I fell against her back and fainted. I strained to regain consciousness before she got lost.

"Faith…go to my place…I think we can stay there," I wheezed before falling back under. I rested or really I just lay there waiting to wake up. I didn't know what was going on till I woke up in my bed. I sat up looking around. I had a different shirt on and I was in my bed at my house. I stood and gasped as my chest got a serious pain.

"Nope…no dream," I commented leaning against the wall. I struggled to my door and opened it. I saw Faith in my kitchen with a shirt and jeans on. They were mine but I don't think she cared. I limped over to my couch and sat down heavily. I got an idea she knew I was here, and awake. I looked at my arm to see many areas were there was shrapnel. I looked over my self to see many healing wounds. I glanced up to see Faith setting a soup down.

"You should have stayed in bed," she told me.

"I should have just kept running from the enforcer. But I didn't do that, what makes you think that I will stay in bed?" I asked.

"Your health," she said sitting down beside me.

"You do realize that those are my clothes right?" I asked looking at my shirt and jeans.

"So?" she asked me harshly.

"Just saying," I commented.

"Eat. Your. Soup," she demanded. I started eating my soup. As I did this she check my injuries again. I was about to put the spoon to my lips when she touched a scar on my back. I almost passed out from the pain. I dropped the spoon and grabbed my back. I took a sharp intake of breath trying to do this.

"I take it that hurt?" she asked whipping the soup off her. I just tried to breath normally. I started to calm down as the pain went away. I took a deep breath and winced at the pain.

"Lye down," she commanded.

"I didn't…know you were the commanding type," I joked moving to lye down.

"I could touch that wound of yours again," she taunted moving to face my back. I laughed dryly. I lied down after a great amount of grunting and groaning from pain. I rested there but didn't expect what happened. I felt hands pull my shirt up. Then I felt a large amount of coolness flowing through me. I sighed contently. I felt some of my wounds healing. I just relaxed until she was done. It helped but didn't cure me. I sat up slowly.

"What was that?' I asked trying to pull my shirt down.

"That was a large curaga spell," Faith replied yanking my shirt down.

"Thanks," I said eating the rest of my soup. I finished eating and I sat against my couch. I looked at the ceiling and just relaxed. I looked over to see Faith watching me.

"What?" I asked.

"The great warrior is reduced to a lowly fighter after a fight like that," she said smiling.

"Oh so I guess you could do what I did and still be able to run around?" I asked. She looked at me then looked off to the side.

"That's what I thought," I said standing up.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"To the shower. If that is okay with you?" I called to her walking to my shower. I could hear her mutter under her breath. I just walked into my bathroom and started the shower. I started brushing my teeth while the water started up. I washed out my mouth then I grabbed the mouthwash and washed out my mouth with the stuff. I threw off my shirt and my pants then my boxers soon followed. I stepped into the shower and leaned against the wall. I sighed and let the water run over my body. I sat down and started to scrub with soap. I grabbed my shampoo and put some on my hands. I smeared it all over my hair and scrubbed it till the suds were running over my face. I washed my face off then rinsed myself off. I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower stall. I grabbed some clothes from a side closet and changed. I walked out of the bathroom and walked into my room. I cleaned my armor of my blood and pulled out all the shrapnel. I sighed and waited for the armor to finish soaking. I heard a gun cock behind me.

`Just what I need,' I thought. I turned to see Faith holing a gun up in the air pointing it at me.

"Any last words?" she asked.

"A few. But you can kill me after I finish. Who ever you are being paid by, they aren't paying you enough. Why the hell are you still doing in my clothes when I have enough money for you to buy your own clothes? The gun isn't even loaded. Oh and you can't fire my gun anyway," I told her turning back to my work. I heard a click as the gun tried to fire. But with out my DNA it won't fire. I heard three more clicks then a padding of feet.

`Here comes the slam in the back of the head,' I thought. I waited. She knew that I knew what she was doing. She was behind me and about to swing down but didn't.

"Men," she said walking away. I didn't do much. I pulled out my clothes and dried them off. I repaired the holes and then hung it up. I then walked out of my room and grabbed a soda and sat down to watch some TV. I flipped the channels trying to find the news.

"…Reports say that the inspectors found that the agent Valcrist had been in the building. All employees and his boss all say that they didn't see them. I say them because it is now know that the prisoner that Valcrist escaped with is working with him. The prisoner, called Faith, is an assassin with extreme skill. What ever those two are going to do, they now have the NUS government after them," the news reporter said.

"You must give the guy credit though. He took down an enforcer all by himself. He is the best that his place has to offer. As far as I am concerned some one framed him," the other reporter said.

"Yes he deserves credit. But I don't agree with you on it. Well let's have a poll. Who think that he is framed and who thinks that he was in on it the whole time?" another reporter said. I smiled. I got up and went to my computer. I flipped it on and devised an email. I put what my end of the story was and the info that I had and sent it live to the computer in the back.

"…What?" a reporter asked turning around. On the back screen there was a large email with Valcrist's signature.

"Folks we have just gotten an email from Valcrist himself," he said. I grinned. I had put a lock on it that all the words would stay in that order not matter what anyone was trying to do. I saw a deleting function star trying to erase my email. I taped a few buttons on my computer and recovered what was deleted.

"All you viewers see what is out there right now? We have just gotten an email that says that Valcrist is innocent and that he was set up. He himself sent this. Well I believe him ladies and gentlemen," the reporter said. I sent another email. The reporter smiled as he read it. It said thank you. All it said. I stood up and grabbed my fighting armor. I dressed and started to put my weapons on. I walked to the door and fastened my last bit of ammo on.

"Where are you going?" Faith asked standing in the doorway.

"Kick some bad guy butt take some names. I need to clear my name and figure out who is screwing me over," I told her. She looked at me. Then looked as if in thought.

"Why you want to come?" I asked grabbing some new flash powders.

"You really do trust me, don't you?" she asked carefully.

"Well you did rescue me and save my life. So yeah I do," I said getting ready to walk out the door.

"Thanks," she said before walking back into my room. I smiled and walked out of my house. I stepped up to my bike and got in. I turned it on and drove down the rode and then into the city. They are after me; I just need to find out where they are. Also who they are. I drove around the city for a while till I noticed a few cars following me.

"Company. Right on time," I said speeding up. I turned down a side ally kicking the boosters in and breaking the sound barrier. I shot out of the ally moving down the street dodging the incoming traffic. The cars and vans were right behind me. They started firing at me.

"Well that's a pain. But machine gun bullets won't harm this bike," I said. Then a rocket flew by me.

"That will hurt though," I said watching it blow up in a wall. I drove through the wall and jumped over a highway. I landed on another highway driving as fast as I could. I got to the factory warehouses when I stopped. I was trapped and they knew it. I drove onto the roofs and started hopping roofs. Then flying patrol units showed up and turned on the spotlights.

"Yep, I am officially criminal number one," I said to myself as I drove over the roofs. I kicked in the boosters and jumped off the roof breaking the sound barrier. I landed on the ground moving with no sound around me. I moved between the vehicles deafly and I jumped over the roadblock. I drove down the street moving faster than the bullets. I saw a police jet flying above me. I knew that any weapons it fired wouldn't hit me so I waved to it and drove on. I aimed for the cross-town tunnel. I got in to see many cars backed up. So I pulled up onto the ceiling. I moved along the ceiling going over a thousand miles per hour. I blew out of the tunnel and weaved between the cars moving to the center of the city. The police hadn't given up of course. I saw many tanks and other weapons pointed at me. They fired at me from in front of me. I activated the shield and held on for a bumpy ride.

"This is insane," I commented hitting rockets, bullets and projectiles of all kinds slamming into me. I made it through and blew past them. I heard heat seekers go after me. I launched some decoys and turned a corner. I saw a construction yard ahead. I drove towards it put a large enforcer stepped out and stuck a foot out in front of my bike. I didn't have enough time to dodge so I blew the foot away with weapons. I zipped past out of control and took a large spill into some dirt. I pulled myself up and looked at my bike. It was scratched up and the paint chipped but it was okay. I looked up so see many flying units and three enforcers not including the one I already hit around me.

"A trap," I muttered. I got up and started climbing the skeleton of the building that was being built. I got to the center and hit a few buttons on my bike. It got up and started moving around. I drove it out to the enforcers. I had it weave around and fire at the units. I was doing well till the flying units started firing on me. I got behind a steel beam and got my bike out of harms way and got it bake into the dirt. I was in serious need of a way out. A large light projected on me. I pulled out a gun and shot the light. Glass shattered around.

"This is so not cool," I muttered flinching as bullets ricocheted around. I stood up and ran out of the metal skeleton. I dodged fire that was coming at me. I jumped up forming two fireballs in my hands and slammed those down on an Enforcer. I pulled my hands back and started again punching the fireballs into the metal. Soon the metal melted and I climbed in. As soon as I was safely inside the other enforcers started firing at the enforcer I was in. I was rocked around as the shots went off. I disabled the machine and grabbed the material used to power it. I leapt out as it fell to the ground. I aimed my hands out and fired attacks. I hit a flying machine with some fire, not enough to hurt it but enough to get it out of the way, some lightning went to the enforcers with some ice.

"Take that!" I yelled kicking an enforcer and knocking it down. I looked at my new material to see seven twenty percent increases on my strength.

`And here I thought I was strong,' I thought cutting a hold into the metal. I disabled the enforcer and grabbed the material and got back out before the other enforcers destroyed it. I ran to one more but was blasted by a strong fire attack. I flew through a wall of a building and was buried in rubble.

"Ow," I moaned sitting up. I stood up to see me more or less charcoal with lots of scraps and pebbles in my skin. I used a Cura spell and I was okay. I was tired and winded looking around. I felt the building shudder as something hit it. I saw more stones fall. I ran out the hole and was blasted again by a shot of fire. I went out the other side of the building and landed in the ally. I casted Cura again and stood up painfully. I jumped from one wall to another jumping up the building. I landed on the roof and looked at the enemies facing me.

"YOU WANT ME? COME GET ME!!!" I yelled out activating my magic. The two enforcers walked to me firing. I had my protection and shell spells working and I fired back with my strongest elemental attacks. The machines stopped and seemed to think. They started firing again.

"That the best you can do?" I yelled out shooting back. They slowed down and fell. I looked around to see guns firing at me. I deflected them all and jumped off the building as it fell down. I landed sprawled in the dirt pile. I grabbed my bike and got in. I started up and drove out of there. I drove into the water of the bay and converted my bike to an underwater submersible. I waited till the figured I was dead. I drove over to the other side of the bay and drove onto the beach and drove home under a different paint job and license plate. I stumbled into my house and collapsed on the couch.

"Nice moves," Faith said putting a blanket over me.

"Mmph," I responded face down. I felt a pat on my back then she walked away. I fell asleep in seconds. I rolled over and fell off the couch the next morning.

"Morning super hero," Faith said with a singsong attitude.

"Everything hurts," I commented getting up and dragging my body to the table. I sat up as Faith put down oatmeal on the table.

"Eat up and you are defiantly staying here. I have to go shopping to get some clothes of my own and some food that is eatable," she commented throwing out some stuff.

"Well sorry for not being here in months," I said picking up a spoon. I dove in basically shoving the food down as fast as I could.

"Was it worth it?" she asked me giving me a critical eye.

"I know who wants to kill me," I said smiling.

"Well it's obvious with the machinery," she said still staring at me. I held up a disk from my side pocket.

"Memory from the enforcers," I said tossing it into the air and catching it. She nodded and walked to the living room. I heard her move around over there. I finished my meal and set it in the sink. She came over and handed me a folder.

"I…I was hired to kill you before you got in the jail. It was actually the reason I got in there," she said nervously. I nodded and looked at the folder.

"I then received the money to pay me off. It paid off my debts so I didn't need to kill you anymore. Then my contract came in order by a messenger when I heard about your capture. They offered me a mill to kill you when I got the chance but…I had lost all feeling for it. Then you rescued me and got me safe. I ah figured you couldn't be that bad," she said trying to keep her voice straight.

"That must have been a burden," I commented. She wasn't looking at me.

"I don't need much…I just need some new clothes and a little money and I'll be on my way," she said.

"Why?" I asked curios. She was about to speak when it hit her.

"What do you mean why?" she asked freaked out.

"Well so? Not to be rude but it's nothing new to me to have people after my life. I am actually quiet used to it. So if you want you can stay till you get back on your feet," I said tossing the folder on the table and walking past her. She stared after me because I felt her eyes on me. I waved to her and walked into the bathroom tossing my armor on the ground and my clothes soon followed. I turned on the water and stepped in. I winced as the searing hot water hit me. I turned on the cold water higher and then rested against the back wall and sighed contently.

`Successful mission,' I thought grabbing the shampoo. I washed up and got out ten minutes later. I stepped into the living room to see a note saying that Faith would be back and to expect a few missing bills. I looked at my wallet laying on the TV.

"A few bills? There isn't any money in here," I commented sitting down and turning on the TV. The news showed me being shot at by the enforcers and soldiers. It showed me taking them down. I switched to some movies and relaxed watching them. I heard the door open and in came Faith with an arm full of bags.

"Please tell me you didn't take my credit cards," I moaned.

"You have credit cards?" she asked cursing her self.

"That's good," I said relieved.

"No that's bad. That means I could have gotten that suit," she said dropping everything. I grabbed my seat as a felt a slight tremor from it.

"You bought the store didn't you?" I asked looking at the pile.

"No, Just their stock. Oh and I am now their welcomed customer," she said dragging it all into my room. I grabbed my armor and started to fix all the damage that had been done to them. I then fixed my weapons and reloaded them. I cleaned them just lying on the couch staring at the gun.

"Hey Valcrist how do I look?" Faith asked behind me. I turned around and gawked at her skintight clothes. I accidentally fired the gun almost hitting my foot.

"Humina, humina…whoa," I said closing my mouth.

"Uh huh," she said staring at the hole in the wall. I looked where she was looking then to the smoking gun in my hand.

"Whoops," I said unloading the gun.

"You could hurt someone with that. You sure you know how to use that?" she asked smirking.

"Do you have any decent clothes miss indecent?" I asked setting the ammo aside. She smiled and turned back into the room.

`Open mouth insert foot. Stupid,' I cursed myself. I went to look at the hole in the wall.

"Nope didn't pierce the titanium," I commented pulling out the bullet, "Hot!" I cried dropping it.

"Smart," Faith said. I turned around and fell down from shock. Faith was standing there in a dress.

"Speechless?" she asked.

"…Uh…never thought you would wear a dress in a million years," I said finally getting my mouth to work right. She smiled and walked forward in such grace you would think she was born wearing that dress.

"Right," she said helping me up. I stood and looked at her.

`I think something is burning in here. Man is it hot or just me?' I asked myself backing up a little.

"I'll be back with some more," she said turning around in one beautiful fluid motion. My jaw dropped harder then stone. I sat down on my couch heavily thinking about what I just got myself into.

"Now I am an audience. Lucky me," I commented dryly getting up and started polishing my weapons again. I finished as Faith came out with short shorts and a snug, skintight halter-top. I think I loss the blood flow to any part of my body other than my nose. I had the Missouri river of blood coming out each nostril.

"Thought so," she said sitting down next to me. I plugged my nose and shot any rude thoughts out of my head to save any blood I had left. She then rubbed against me grabbing the gun I had dropped.

"You're purposely doing this aren't you?" I asked holding my nose.

"Of course," she said holding the gun and loading it. She pointed it at the wall and aimed with a halter strap falling off one shoulder. I quickly scampered away. I dove into my room and went into my closet to start working on the new weapons and items to customize them. I worked hard making them easier for me to use. When I had finally calmed down I had customized almost all the new stuff. I walked back out to see Faith working on her armor wearing the same thing but this time it didn't bother me as much. I sat down next to her and turned on the TV. I felt something brush against me but when I looked over Faith was buys doing something and didn't seem to be paying attention to me. I looked at the TV again and felt something brush against my leg again. I glanced at my leg to see nothing near it.

`…That's not normal. Maybe I just haven't slept enough,' I thought leaning back. I looked at the ceiling and felt something touch my leg again. I shot up looking around.

"What?" Faith asked reaching for a gun.

"Uh…guess it was nothing," I said sitting back down. I flipped through some channels and relaxed in general when something on the news caught my eye.

"…The MERCs as they are called are starting to scream in defense of their star man Valcrist. They claim that with transmissions he had been given he had been set up in the worse possible way. We go live to our man live talking to fellow MERCs,"

"Yes. Here I am talking to the best friend of Valcrist," the man said.

"Yeah. I helped my friend through all kinds of governmetal messes where the beep hit the fan all the time. He always pulled himself out with the skin of his teeth sometimes. He once came back with six inches of shrapnel stuck in his left arm," the Merc said.

"I remember that," I said lifting my shirt sleeve up to reveal a scar.

"Well what about the claims that he was found with some illegal weapons?" the reporter asked.

"You think this is the first time someone set any of us up like that?" my friend responded annoyed. I grinned and closed my eyes.

"So exactly how many times did you get out by the `skin of your teeth'?" Faith asked turning off the TV.

"Couple," I replied yawning.

"Mind telling me?" faith asked moving to face me.

"Mind putting on some real clothes?" I asked in return. She jabbed my arm.

"These are real clothes," Faith said pointing to them. I shook my head and got up. I grabbed my armor and put my weapons together.