Fan Fiction ❯ Mumbo Jumbo ❯ A Hard Day's Work, or What happens Next ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: This here fic is mostly made of conjecture on my part, and doesn't need to be taken seriously to be enjoyed. I'm also doing it for a friend, who was always wondering why does Mumbo do what he does? So enjoy, and remember, I don't own any of these characters. And yeah, I did just copy and paste this thing.
 
 
 
He touched his face, blinking, and then at the gloves his was wearing. He was a little amazed, to say the least. Then he decided to see what he could do now.
 
He took off his hat, then reached in, and pulled out a live rabbit. “Well, that's a new one,” he laughed, putting the rabbit back in, and cracking his knuckles. He walked out into his poor excuse for a living room, and hmmed softly, then started waving his hands around. The various pictures on the walls all turned into portraits of the magician, and the chair became brand new, and made out of expensive leather. With a nod, he jumped up over the back, and landed firmly on his behind, wand tapping against his left temple.
 
“Wow….what to do next….” He looked up, then held the wand loosely. “Presto...chango!” he sang out, the television set turning into a plasma screen. “Looks like I've got really real magic now,” he whistled, turning on the set with a wave of his hand and a small poof. The news channel came back on, and his ears perked up when he heard the words “bank” and “money.” Then he thought about his current situation, and the financial woes he was having…so maybe he could put his new abilities to use in getting what he wanted for once
 
“Say, that's not a half-bad idea,” he chimed, hopping up out of the chair, and grinned a little, flexing his arms, and pointing his wand at the doorway. “Mumbo…Jumbo!” The door then vanished in a puff of smoke, and a few butterflies. He strolled out of the open doorway, then snapped his fingers and made the door reappear, and clicked his heels together, disappearing.
 
 
*****
 
 
Mere seconds later, he reappeared at the bank he'd seen on the television, and snapped his fingers, sending a thick cloud of smoke through the main lobby. The cloud made everyone start running, screaming fire, giving him ample leg room as he walked to the vault, humming and skipping a little, all in a cartoon-like manner. “Oh, joy…what fun this is!” he quipped, finally stepping up to the vault, and running one hand along the turn-dial, which somehow sent it spinning around and fall off onto him, just like in a cartoon.

Instead of causing any damage, however, it merely pushed down through the floor with a thud, taking the magician with it. “Ooof…that's heavy…” he muttered, poofing it off of himself, and sitting up, pausing to brush himself off. Then he got back up, and walked into the vault, swishing his wand around the area. “Hocus…pocus!” he chimed, and all the money suddenly swirled into a large, spinning mass. He removed his hat, then held it facing outwards, sucking all the money up like a giant vacuum. “Hmm…that's a handy trick…I think I'll keep that for later.”

With a grin, he stepped out of the vault, becoming more self-assured by the second, and feeling more at ease than he ever had in his life, especially his stage-life.
 
“And for my next trick….I shall disappear, along with all your money!” he called out, as a series of guards lined up to grab him…but as they lunged forwards, hands on their guns, he vanished in a puff of green smoke, and left behind a life-sized dummy that said “Mumbo was here.”
 
 
******
 
 
“WAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!” the magician laughed, rocking back and forth with amusement and slapping his knee every so often. “I'm really good at this stuff…..maybe I should make it my new living.” He was on a rooftop, only a few blocks down from the bank, a large sack with a dollar sign resting next to him. He hummed thoughtfully, and looked down the street, then took out his wand again, and twirled it between his fingers, tapping the bag and making it disappear with a twinkle of light.
 
“Well, where to next?”
 

******
 

This question was later answered when he broke into a pawn shop, and helped himself to a wide variety of televisions and DVD players, putting a cloth over each one, then yanking it off, leaving nothing behind, except for a little bit of dust, and sometimes a piece of paper with a little message written on it.
 
He turned to the clerk, who was all wrapped up with festive decorations, and waggled his wand. “Thanks for all the stuff….I'll be sure to sell them all when I can…maybe you'll see them again. Toodle-loo!”
 
And once again, he poofed out of sight.
 
 
******
 

Later that day, after a long series of robberies, he stopped to visit his old apartment, and sat down in the oversized leather recliner, and sighed loudly, flipping through the channels. “You know, I thought this would be more fun…..” he grumbled, stopping on another news channel, and blinking a few times, then grinning widely. “Well now...this is interesting….” He mused, watching some re-run footage of the Teen Titans.
 
“What I need isn't a bigger score….it's a challenge…and they should do nicely….” He nodded to himself, settling back in his chair and starting to run through several things in his head. “First I need to plan a crime they'll notice….or perhaps they were just busy today…..though there was this nice little jewel store I saw earlier today…..”