Fan Fiction ❯ My Demon ❯ I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I
 
16 year old Kikyo Hanabashi is a not so average teenager. Her parents don't live with her; she has no friends and doesn't participate in any sports. She won't talk at school and teachers nag her about it. She won't hear it.
 
She had just chosen to move into a house on the side of Hirumu Prefecture off of Shinjuku in Nagasaki. It was out of the way and no one could find it. The movers were outside of the house looking at it warily, afraid of it some how. She just rolled her eyes and made them focus back on the task at hand, unload the items and leave.
 
The movers brought in the bed parts, the couch, and all of the boxes. She then sent them away. She was to do this alone. She tied up her long fiery red hair and looked at everything. Box upon box upon box were piled in her new living room.
 
The walls were plastered white and dirty. There were tiny holes in the walls and cracks going up to the ceiling. It looked as if no one had been in here for at least 50 years.
 
“Great,” she said rolling her eyes, “more work to do.”
 
She rolled up her sleeves and began to unpack everything. Each box was emptied with the responsibility of finding a proper place for it. She would do the bed later.
 
She spent six hours unpacking and placing everything in the boxes. When she finished she sat down and sighed. Sweat trailed down her face in little beads. She sighed to herself and looked around.
 
The house would need a bit of painting. Maybe some more plaster to fill in the cracks. This was going to cost a lot and her parents are going to front the bill.
 
A small smile crept on her face as she realized that she can buy anything she wanted for the house and her parents would have to pay it.
 
Fatigue then took over her body and she fell backwards. Her muscles ached all over and her ribs crashed lightly against her lungs. Her hands were spread out and so was her hair. The tie fell out hours ago. Her legs were spread out like she was making a snow angel. Her blue grey eyes looked up at the ceiling in wonder.
 
She turned on her side and laid her head under her arm. Her legs crossed in front of each other and her pants scrunched up a bit. She used her free hand to trace tiny circles on the ground. She looked at her finger and saw little traces of dust.
 
She pinched her fingers together and pushed herself up off the ground. She looked around and saw that most of the items were placed correctly.
 
The bookshelf was to the far right near the entrance to the kitchen. Her couch was placed casually against the north wall, its back facing the windows. A TV was set up near the entrance to the room.
 
She smiled lightly at her handy work and dusted her hands off. She walked upstairs and looked around for a bathroom. She found one room that had light blue paint on the walls and a black carpet. She figured that would be her room. Another room was light pink and had a white carpet; she would make that into a guest room. Looking farther she found one more room that had an all black wall and carpet; she smiled and figured that would be her game room. Finally she found the bathroom.
 
The tiles were neatly placed and had little leaf designs on them. There was a Jacuzzi tub and a shower attached to it. She turned on the Jacuzzi tub to warm and let it fill up. When it was halfway up she began shedding her clothes and plopped herself in it. The water rose a bit as she sat down. She closed her eyes and laid her head back as she listened to the rushing water from the faucet. When it got to her desired height she turned off the faucet and sat back, just soaking her muscles in the water.
 
She pulled out a sponge and put some soap on it. Lathering it up she began to rub it on her body and got rid of all the dirt she picked up from unpacking. After she washed herself she laid back and soaked for a bit more. It helped her muscles relax and she felt real good.
 
She hadn't known how long she had been in there, but by the time she realized it her hands were a bit wrinkled from sucking in too much water. She stood up and grabbed a towel that hung from a rack near the bath and wrapped it around her body. Stepping out she turned around and let out the water. It made a small gurgling noise as it went down the throat of the pipes.
 
She brushed out her long locks and dried them with another towel. After she did that she put it up in a high ponytail and dried the rest of herself off. She put on a pair of black pajamas. The shirt was silk and the pants were to. She felt very comfortable as she walked downstairs to the living room.
 
She sat down on the couch and turned on the TV while grabbing a blanket from the box with the word ROOM on it. The blanket fit around her and she flipped through channels. Pretty soon she became bored and dropped the remote to the ground and closed her eyes. Her breathing became shallow as she drifted off into a nice, peaceful slumber.