Fan Fiction ❯ My Demon ❯ II ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

II
 
Kikyo woke up to the sound of her cell phone going off. It played the theme song to E's Otherwise. It rang consistently until she picked it up and turned it on.
 
“Hello?” she said in a hoarse tired voice.
 
“HEY!” her sister yelled on the other line.
 
She pulled the cell phone away from her ear as her sister continued to yell and greet her. When she figured that she was done she set the phone back on her ear.
 
“Can you be a little quieter? I just woke up,” Kikyo asked.
 
“Oh…sorry,” her sister said in apology.
 
“What did you call for Ayame?”
 
“Oh, I called to wonder if you wanted any help with fixing up your new house.”
 
“No, I'm fine. Don't worry about it. And if I do need help then I'll call you ok?”
 
She added that last part so her sister wouldn't be upset. Ayame sighed on the other line and told her sister that she'd talk to her later. Kikyo responded back and they said good bye to each other and hung up.
 
Kikyo went to lie back down on the couch trying to fall back asleep again, but it wouldn't work, so she got up and went to get dressed. She pulled out a pair of shorts and a black tank top. She wanted to be comfortable as she fixed her room up.
 
When she came out of the bathroom she picked up the box with the stuff for her room and brought them upstairs. She'd grab the bed parts later. Luckily the mattress, dressers, and nightstands were set at the top of the stairs so she wouldn't have to drag them all the way up there.
 
She went back to the room with the light blue walls and pure black carpet. She stepped in it and felt herself sink a bit. The carpet was very soft. She set the box down and began to take things out.
 
She pulled out a few paintings, some sculptures, and a bunch of stuffed animals. Immediately she walked back downstairs and grabbed a tool box which she bought prior to the move and brought it back upstairs.
 
She pulled out a hammer and a box of nails. Picking a spot on the wall she placed the nail carefully and drove the hammer down on the spot. It made a loud banging noise with each hit before she got it in deep enough. She did that to a few other spots on the walls before hanging up the paintings.
 
She pulled in her dresser from the hallway and set it near the spot where she was going to put her bed. It was to the far end of the room near a front facing window. She opened it up to get a bit of a breeze in the stuffy house. She looked outside and saw passing pedestrians looking at her in amazement, as if she was the first person to actually going in there. It unnerved her to no end so she yelled at them to go away. They were frightened and ran off. She let out a sigh and went back to work.
 
She brought her bed parts from upstairs one by one, careful not to bang the walls. It went smoothly until she banged the corner on the way up and made a hole in the wall. She cursed before setting the part back in the room before looking at the hole she made.
 
“What the hell is this?” she mused to herself.
 
There was a small box planted inside the wall. It was rusty and very old. She reached inside and pulled it out. Blowing on it she got rid of all the dust. There was some writing on it, but it was hard to read. She brought it to her room and set it on the nightstand. She would figure out what it was later.
 
Then she began putting the bed together, by this time her leg and arm muscles began to ache horribly, but she ignored it and focused on her task. It took her a while but the bed was put together right. She set the mattress on top of the bed frame and then started putting on sheets and covers. Her bed was done and she smiled at her handiwork.
 
“Well now that's done. I just need to put my clothes away,” she said to herself.
 
She walked back downstairs and grabbed the box that was labeled CLOTHES. She had another one, but she'd get it later. She set it back upstairs and began folding and putting it away, while her mid was on the box that she found in the wall.
 
“Why would someone stick a box in the wall of a house…what is it for?” she mused silently.
 
It was very puzzling to her, but she'd find out the secret of the box, no matter how long it takes.
 
When her clothes were put away she laid down on her bed and looked up at the ceiling, then she turned and looked at the box. She pulled it from its new resting place and sat it in her lap. She glanced at the lock and saw it was rotted so it would come off easily.
 
She pulled and tugged at it until it gave away and came off. She popped the lid and looked inside. There was a small parchment with weird writing on it. She then began reading it a loud as if she understood what it meant.
 
Che apre la scatola e legge questa pergamena deve intraprendere i journies minacciosi di vita e pericolosi. Che legge questa pergamena sveglierà ed addomesticherà la bestia che è stata bloccata via per gli anni e gli anni, lui che apre questa scatola darà la loro vita per conservare questo mondo (1),” she spoke.
 
She didn't know what language it was and she wanted to figure it out. But when she read the parchment she felt a weird vibe coming from the house. She put the parchment back in the box and closed it. She'd figure out what it meant later. Right now she wanted to rest.
 
(1) Italian for-He who opens the box and reads this parchment is to embark on dangerous and life threatening journeys. He who reads this parchment shall awaken and tame the beast that has been locked away for years and years, he who opens this box shall give their life to save this world.