Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmare's Suffering ❯ The Nightmares of Nightmare ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Nightmare, I'd so be not doing this. I'd be kicking butt. But, I don't, so it's not mine. NO SOUL CALIBER DUDES ARE MINE! OR LOZ! So there.
The Nightmares of Nightmare-Chapter Two
Nightmare awoke in the middle of a vast forest with him leaning against a tree. There was grass and flowers all around him. He noticed one horrible thing wrong, though; Ivy's head was resting in his lap! This wasn't possible! His sudden jolt of shock had awoken Ivy. She then looked up and stared into his face.
"Wait a minute! My face!" he realized as he thought to himself.
Then he realized that he wasn't wearing anything from the waist up. He had his perfect blonde, straight hair, his muscles were in full view, and his right arm wasn't it's normal mutated three sizes. It was exactly like his left. Normal. Below, he was in his pants that were underneath his leg armor. They were baggy in a way for protective purposes. And his boots made of leather covered his feet instead of his armored ones.
"What's wrong?" Ivy asked.
He looked into those eyes. Those same ruby-red eyes that seemed all too real. She moved in closer and placed a kiss on his lips. Right after their lips parted, he couldn't possibly believe it. Her touch seemed real, and her eyes had no sort of lifeless look to them in dreams as he had dreamt about her before. She had to be real. But it just wasn't possible. She moved in closer this time and proceeded to kiss him. But he quickly recoiled.
"No!" he shouted as he pushed her back and got up.
"What's the matter with you?" she shouted in disgust.
"Nothing, it's you that's the matter!"
She looked at him puzzled and just stared.
"Your not real, it's Soul Edge, it's doing this to me! Get out of my head! Stop it!" he screamed as he closed his eyes and grasped his head.
"None of this is real..."
Suddenly, he heard the voice that he now hated and despised. But it was coming from Ivy.
"That's right! And it took you this long to realize it. It seems that your last emotion, fear, has interfered. No matter, when I feel the time is right I will strike again at the moment you let your guard down. In the meantime, I will lay dormant." the voice trailed off as it got farther and farther away.
"But you will suffer!!!" it finished.
Suddenly, the "ground" broke underneath Nightmare and he was falling for what seemed like an eternity. Then that familiar pain in his heart started to arise once more.
"Ah!" Nightmare shouted as he awoke.
"It was only a dream."
He was back in his normal armor and his arm was back to "normal". Soul Edge lay at his feet and it's violet glow dissipated. He looked up and noticed he was in a cave. He felt water dripping on his hands. But an all too familiar scent caught his nose. The smell of fresh blood. He looked all around and noticed that his hands were covered. A pool of blood mixed with water lay to his right. He was bleeding? Impossible. Turns out, the source was to his left. It was Maxi. The poor ningen was sliced in half and laying on his back. Numchucks still in hand. Nightmare gasped and inched away. He grabbed Soul Edge and ran out of the cave to wash up. He felt dirty and needed to clean up. He found a nearby hot spring and removed his armor. He got in but noticed his reflection. It wasn't human at all. His face, instead of tan and blonde hair, was a sickly green with blood-red hair. His entire body was encased in this new, hard skin. And he was sickened of it. He just looked up into the sky instead.
"I should never have taken Soul Edge. I should have never even bothered with it. Guess I deserved it. Curiosity killed the cat, but I guess, cursed the cat in my case." he chuckled a little at this dry humor to calm himself down. But that vision of him in the water. He couldn't take it. He had to look again. He looked down and it was the same grotesque picture it was before.
"No!" he shouted.
He hit the water to wash away the vision and got out. He dried himself off and got suited up. He didn't know what to do. There wasn't any hope of him to end this curse. Nightmare soon found a strange portal in a dense forest as he traveled along and heard a rustling in the trees and bushes. It was two friends of Maxi, Kilik and Xianghua. Apparently, they are related to Yungsung. Kilik carried with him the Kali-Yuga, or long pole of energy. And Xianghua carried with her a non named weapon. It was a short sword.
"We will get revenge for the death of Yungsung." Kilik stated.
"Yeah, and justice will prevail!" Xianghua finished.
"Sis, you need to stop saying that." Kilik mused.
"Oh, right. Sorry." she finished.
They got into a fighting stance and Nightmare just stood there. He knew he could defeat them easily, he just didn't want to.
"You will fight!" Soul Edge shouted.
Nightmare felt Soul Edge start to take over. His eyes started to glow red and he picked up Soul Edge in both hands and lifted it high into the air.
"Earth Divide!!!" he shouted.
The sword started to glow and it enflamed. He started to lose consciousness. He brought it down and it shook the earth...
Later that night
Nightmare awoke in darkness and felt his arms and legs bound against the swirling darkness.
"Nightmare" his own voice called out to him.
"What?" he said shocked.
"There is a way. Look for the one who carries Soul Caliber." it called.
Suddenly, a picture of him and a shadowed warrior fought, the shadowed warrior was good. Too good.
"You will be defeated." it said as this played out on the screen.
"But you won't want to lose on purpose. You must fight at your full potential." it called.
Suddenly the darkness got stronger and the light from the screen disappeared. He was left in darkness. He suddenly heard a booming voice.
"WHO ARE YOU???" it shouted.
"I AM NIGHTMARE!!!" he shouted back.
"NO! Who are you really?" it commanded.
"I am..." he thought for a moment. He couldn't remember what his real name was. Soul Edge. It's making the human disappear.
"I am..."
"WHO ARE YOU?!" it shouted.
"I AM SIEGFRIED SCHAUTTFEN!!!"
The darkness then shuddered and started to move away and disappear. He regained consciousness realizing that he would've skewered a young girl had he been the way he had been. Nightmare dropped the sword and fell to his knees.
"No...No more killing." he told himself as he started to cry.
Yes. After all of what's been going on in his life, he started to cry. He wanted to stop, but never could. He was tired, he was angry, and he was on the verge of death ever since he started fighting for the god damn sword in the first place.
"I must stop." he said slowly, tears running down the side of his face plate.
The girl was frightened but Nightmare almost fainted as he saw who he was about to kill. She was white haired and had ruby red eyes.
"Ivy?" he said as he dropped to the floor, tired and exhausted.
Later
He awoke and found himself in a barn. He then sensed a presence behind him and turned around quickly. It was the girl. She walked up to him and she looked almost exactly like Ivy.
"Who are you?" he asked a little frightened.
"I am Isabella." she said.
"Almost sounds like her too" he thought to himself.
She was wearing a tight shirt and it was low cut. So when she bent over to give him something to eat, he got a good look at her cleavage and she seemed to smile a little, like she was teasing. But Nightmare didn't notice, he only stared at her face. She resembled Ivy so much.
"What's your name?" she asked.
"Nightmare." he answered.
"Is that your real name? What happened to you?" she asked.
"No. I grabbed that accursed sword and became this monstrosity." he pointed to Soul Edge, which was now up against the wall next to him.
"What do you really look like?" she asked Nightmare.
"You don't want me to show you." he said.
"Fine, I'll look myself!" she walked up to him and he tried to react but something told him to stay put.
She unclasped the hinges that connected his helmet to his armor and she slowly took it off. She saw what he was, and he was surprised at her reaction.
"You're..." she stopped.
Her jaw dropped and she put his helmet down.
"What's wrong with you? I don't see anything bad." she asked.
Was this woman serious? He couldn't believe it. Yet she pulled on his hair and she put it in his face. It was blonde.
"What!?"
He asked for a mirror and looked at his face. It was human. His blue eyes and golden hair shown before him. He stood in awe at him. He quickly removed one of his gauntlets and stared at a human hand. It wasn't grotesque or anything, just normal.
“What the hell?”
End Chapter Two